IGNORED

Tiger Woods Master Catch-All Discussion

Valleygolfer

On 3/22/2018 at 10:11 AM, nevets88 said:

I don't think that would happen today. I wondered what the kid said, but kids say silly things. Maybe if Woods didn't have the extra layers he might have noticed. Anyways, that was a cool moment. I bet that kid is a Tiger fan for life.

No, today someone would say they were offended by the kid for battery of Tiger.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

http://news.tigerwoods.com/woods-excited-with-the-masters-only-one-week-away/

Last week, Woods played Augusta for the first time since the final round of 2015 Masters, when he tied for 17th. He played two practice rounds and was joined for nine holes each day by Bryson DeChambeau.

“They resurfaced a few of the greens, but they still look like they’ve been there for 100 years,” Woods said. “The course was in fantastic shape. My yardage book was basically the same.”

The weather was cold – in the 30s and 40s – and a challenge was deciding how many layers to wear. The greens and fairways weren’t up to tournament speed, but will be next week.

“It played brutally long,” he said. “The ball wasn’t flying or rolling out. It will play much, much faster in the tournament.”

The elevation changes and sidehill lies came back to him quickly.

“I’ve played basically flat courses,” said Woods. “Hitting off slopes and walking was different. The only real flat spots at Augusta are the tee boxes. You have to make constant adjustments.”

Woods is still sorting out his practice rounds and might play in the Par-3 Contest. He has tweaked the shafts in his driver and 3-wood, and will decide whether to make the switch.

While Woods has missed the last two Masters, three of the last four, his expectations haven’t changed.

“I’m just there to win,” he said.

Edited by Zeph

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

If you haven't read this already, this article by Kevin Van Valkenburg of ESPN on Tiger is really good: http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/22969155/tiger-set-return-masters-new-generation-fans-watching

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Great article @DeadMan 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

https://www.pgatour.com/news/2018/04/02/tiger-woods-augusta-national-masters.html?cid=sf86609534

He's still one of the best iron players on TOUR.

Woods ranks 15th this season in Strokes Gained: Approach and is 29th in play from the Red Zone (175-225 yards). Excellent Red Zone play is one of the three common attributes I’ve seen among players who are successful at Augusta National. The ability to hit it high and far are the other two.

Iron play is especially important at Augusta National, where it’s difficult for even the best short-game players to save par because of the firm, fast and undulating greens and the tightly-mown areas around the putting surfaces. Nine of the past 10 Masters champions have hit at least 49 greens (Danny Willett, who hit 40 in 2016, is the exception).

Like his iron play, Woods’ putting is very strong but not quite at the level he displayed from 2005-09.

Woods is definitely playing well enough to win a fifth Masters. His game is not quite where it was in 2005-09 but it is quite similar in terms of the overall ‘profile’. As he did during his prime, he relies on his iron play, short game and putting to gain most of his strokes and make up for his weakness off the tee.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

6 minutes ago, mvmac said:

Great article @mvmac. I’ve gotten tired of hearing people (ad nausea Hank Haney) say that Tiger really has no chance at The Masters because his driving is off. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, mvmac said:

And those are his ranks including his first few tournaments back. He appears to be getting stronger with each event.

The course is more about driving, though, so that's ultimately why I don't put him as my #1 pick.

If it was the 1997 Augusta National course, sure. Because you could drive it anywhere.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

2 hours ago, iacas said:

And those are his ranks including his first few tournaments back. He appears to be getting stronger with each event.

Right and after not playing in a tournament for about 2 years.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

It was reassuring in the above interview to hear him say that he has dialed down his practice time on the range, even though it's more a his body won't let him thing. So he's coming back quickly while practicing not as much as he used to. I think he said something about smart practice vs beating balls.

Maybe I didn't catch it, I would have asked how much his kids play into his motivation - is it a hey kids, I was pretty good back in the day, lemme show you what I can do kind of thing.

Steve

Got to follow his group with Phil, Couples, and Pieters today. More pictures to come tomorrow when I get home. 

DSC00305.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Ahhhh, there it is, a new, proper Tiger Woods commercial.

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

On 4/3/2018 at 9:47 PM, jamo said:

Got to follow his group with Phil, Couples, and Pieters today. More pictures to come tomorrow when I get home. 

DSC00305.JPG

God, I bet that was amazing. Welcome back to Georgia, again! 

When I went to the Masters three years ago, he didn't show up for a practice round until late, after we had left. When I followed him at the 2011 PGA the crowds were ten deep. Nuts the amount of attention he gets. 

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Someone mentioned a rumor that Tiger would play at Zurich Classic 26-29. April, which could potentially set up another 3-week schedule with Wells Fargo and The Players following next. Of course just a rumor, we don't know anything at this point really. He hasn't said anything about his plans, aside of The National in June/July.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

• Administrator

• Like 2

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Woods has 40 European Tour wins.

• Like 1

Steve

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Woods has 40 European Tour wins.

What prompted that?

Most of those wins are, of course, WGCs and majors.