IGNORED

Tiger Woods Master Catch-All Discussion

Valleygolfer

Woods once said "Winning never gets old." May this highlight reel never get old.

• Like 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Up close and personal of that hook.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

What say you? Is his schedule too much? But good for the ice machine business 😜

I’m not a doctor, I don’t play one on TV, and I didn’t sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night, but a reasonable person has to wonder how playing the next three weeks in a row – five of the next six weeks – will affect Woods’ surgically fused spine.

https://www.golfchannel.com/article/randall-mell/randalls-rant-too-much-tiger-his-own-good/

Steve

Tiger's apparently been playing around with different shafts and more loft since the PGA, but wasn't sure what he'd bring along on Thursday. 

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

• Administrator
46 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

What say you? Is his schedule too much? But good for the ice machine business 😜

https://www.golfchannel.com/article/randall-mell/randalls-rant-too-much-tiger-his-own-good/

It’s not like he sits at home doing nothing on his off days.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

2 hours ago, iacas said:

It’s not like he sits at home doing nothing on his off days.

I think that Tiger is going to be just fine playing multiple weeks in a row. Like you said, it's not like he does nothing. I really think that the injury stuff is overplayed; it seems like that is done with now.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Speaking of the two-way miss, Rory also struggles with this. Even with his length and often seemingly great driver, he blaims tee game:

"I've missed the ball right and left and that's been the real weakness. You stand up on a tee shot and it would be nice to know you can eliminate one side of the golf course and this year I haven't felt like that.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Wikipedia with a pretty dumb understatement...

"Woods is considered by some as one of the greatest golfers of all time."

As opposed to what, a huge portion of the population that believes he is NOT one of the greatest golfers of all-time? Retarded. 

• Administrator
20 minutes ago, Dr. Manhattan said:

As opposed to what, a huge portion of the population that believes he is NOT one of the greatest golfers of all-time? Retarded. 

What do you want it to say? "Considered by many"?

Plus, it's Wikipedia. Change it, and see if it sticks.

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 minute ago, iacas said:

What do you want it to say? "Considered by many"?

Plus, it's Wikipedia. Change it, and see if it sticks.

It's locked and will probably be changed back by whoever put it there in the first place. Something like what Hogan's page says is more accurate.

"generally considered to be one of the greatest players in the history of the game."

https://www.pgatour.com/news/2018/08/21/tiger-woods-calls-2018-one-of-his-best-seasons-fedexcup-playoffs.html

Winning was his measure. The only yardstick that mattered.

But a matured Woods is more appreciate of the journey now – so much so that despite being winless this season, the 79-time PGA TOUR winner says it is one of his best seasons.

“No doubt. No doubt. To have a winless year, but to go through what I've gone through… I didn't know if I was going to play last year,” Woods said as he prepared for the opening FedExCup Playoffs at THE NORTHERN TRUST.

• Upvote 1

On 8/22/2018 at 6:41 PM, Dr. Manhattan said:

As opposed to those who think he is THE greatest of all time, I guess.  I can't imagine anyone, no matter how important they think runner-ups in majors are, ranking him lower than third or fourth.

On 8/24/2018 at 6:07 PM, colin007 said:

Tiger's pants need to be better tailored. His shirts are impeccable but his pants fit like dad pants.

They really always have. He’s got those scrawny little legs, probably doesn’t want people to know. 

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

On 8/24/2018 at 6:07 PM, colin007 said:

Tiger's pants need to be better tailored. His shirts are impeccable but his pants fit like dad pants.

I think he just likes his pants like that. Pretty sure Tiger wearing dad jeans was something people talked about.

https://www.complex.com/style/2014/10/tiger-woods-wears-dad-jeans-oakland-raiders-game

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

58 minutes ago, brocks said:

As opposed to those who think he is THE greatest of all time, I guess.  I can't imagine anyone, no matter how important they think runner-ups in majors are, ranking him lower than third or fourth.

That's my point. The statement "considered by some" to be "one of the greatest ever" is underselling his stature in the game. It's a statement I would use for someone with a much weaker list of accomplishments on the golf course.

But the article is locked and I'm guessing they will change it back if one of us edits the language to say "widely considered one of the greatest ever."

30 minutes ago, Dr. Manhattan said:

That's my point. The statement "considered by some" to be "one of the greatest ever" is underselling his stature in the game. It's a statement I would use for someone with a much weaker list of accomplishments on the golf course.

But the article is locked and I'm guessing they will change it back if one of us edits the language to say "widely considered one of the greatest ever."

I edited that Wiki page to say "generally considered one of the greatest golfers." We will see if they allow it. Wouldn't be surprised if they change it back since it's a locked article. lol