IGNORED

Tiger Woods Master Catch-All Discussion

Valleygolfer

1 hour ago, turtleback said:

I'll be very curious to see the TV ratings for today - even going up against the NFL.

There was football today?

• Like 1

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

29 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

There was football today?

Someone asked me today if I was watching the Seahawks game, I started laughing. 😂 Not when T-Woods is on screen and winning!

• Like 1

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Just all kinds of awesome. I almost feel sorry for the poor little naysayers. What an epic embarrassment. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Just joined a few days ago and enjoy all of the posts...love this thread.

I'm a huge Tiger fan and am ecstatic of his victory. The videos above bring me back to the 2002 US Open at Bethpage where I was fortunate enough to see him win in person. I just googled some highlight videos and you can clearly see the determination and almost robotic nature that carried him to greatness. Fast forward to this year, same determination but clearly a mellowing out, for the better. Will be a fun 2019 season!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Informative 1

Steve

This is crazy:

And @nevets88 beat me to it by a second! (shakes fist)

Edited by DeadMan

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

2 minutes ago, DeadMan said:

This is crazy:

And @nevets88 beat me to it by a second! (shakes fist)

😂

When Woods first started on the tour, he was bombing it past everyone. Now he's first into the green more often, but still manages to get it closer to the pin than most.

11 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Just all kinds of awesome. I almost feel sorry for the poor little naysayers. What an epic embarrassment. 

No way. No sorrow. No.

• Like 1

Steve

Steve

Im still hazy on how these strokes gained stats work. I know its how players are primary rated now, but im still hazy on how it translate to actual performance when watching in real time. Hypothetically, you see a bunch of guys hit a fairway and green, make two putts for par. But some will have lower strokes gained than the others. Its not really intuitive without diving into a bunch of math. 

25 minutes ago, Groucho Valentine said:

Im still hazy on how these strokes gained stats work. I know its how players are primary rated now, but im still hazy on how it translate to actual performance when watching in real time. Hypothetically, you see a bunch of guys hit a fairway and green, make two putts for par. But some will have lower strokes gained than the others. Its not really intuitive without diving into a bunch of math. 

It's actually a lot simpler than you'd think. It's figuring out how many strokes the average player takes to hole out from a position and comparing that to the actual player's performance. For example, an average player makes 50% of his putts from 8 feet, and never 3 putts (just assume that a player never 3 putts from 8 feet). So, for an 8 foot putt, an average player takes 1.5 strokes to hole out. If a player makes an 8 foot putt, he's gained 0.5 strokes on the field. If he misses an 8 foot putt, he's lost 0.5 on the field. You do that same calculation for every situation/distance that a player faces to come up with a strokes: gained number.

• Thumbs Up 1

-- Daniel

On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 8:15 PM, DeadMan said:

If Tiger wins the Tour Championship but not the FedEx Cup, oh man. Whoever wins the FedEx Cup will be completely overshadowed. That's probably a nightmare scenario for the PGA Tour (at least regarding the FedEx cup; they won't complain about the publicity it would generate). Not only does their year-long champion not get the recognition, but you have a bunch of casual fans wondering why Tiger winning the Tour Championship isn't enough to win the FedEx. 

It would be cool to see, though!

I'm going to go ahead and claim that I predicted this. Bow before me.

• Like 1

-- Daniel