IGNORED

Tiger Woods Master Catch-All Discussion

Valleygolfer

I've posted this before, but here he is, being funny.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
1 hour ago, JetFan1983 said:

What's his nickname for you, Erik? I feel like you told me once he has one for you. 

Let's just say he's always been insecure about a pair of his body parts, and I put him to shame there.

Here's something cool:

TigerDesigner.jpg

Tiger Woods's proposed South Side Chicago redesign is breaking new ground even before construction has officially begun. Woods is lead architect on the proposed restoration of 18-hole Jackson Park and...

TGR1.jpg

I can't quote just one part of it, but it really feels like a great way to better the community it's in.

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

14 minutes ago, iacas said:

Let's just say he's always been insecure about a pair of his body parts, and I put him to shame there.

Here's something cool:

TigerDesigner.jpg

Tiger Woods's proposed South Side Chicago redesign is breaking new ground even before construction has officially begun. Woods is lead architect on the proposed restoration of 18-hole Jackson Park and...

TGR1.jpg

I can't quote just one part of it, but it really feels like a great way to better the community it's in.

I played that course a few times when I lived in the northern suburbs, nice little track.  It was definitely an interesting area surrounding the course.  I hope this course reaches its goals for itself and the community.

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

• Administrator
1 minute ago, phillyk said:

I played that course a few times when I lived in the northern suburbs, nice little track.  It was definitely an interesting area surrounding the course.  I hope this course reaches its goals for itself and the community.

Was it 27 holes?

The new routing, for example, only has holes 13-17 in the little lower-right corner of the course, where I count nine holes now.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

12 minutes ago, iacas said:

Was it 27 holes?

The new routing, for example, only has holes 13-17 in the little lower-right corner of the course, where I count nine holes now.

It's been around 10 years and memory is a bit fuzzy, but I'm pretty sure there were only 18 holes.  I played the Chicago Open there twice, I think.  The other course in that corner is/was a separate 9 hole track.  The renovation is taking over both courses and part of a park, and making it 18 holes with a lot more room.

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, phillyk said:

It's been around 10 years and memory is a bit fuzzy, but I'm pretty sure there were only 18 holes.  I played the Chicago Open there twice, I think.  The other course in that corner is/was a separate 9 hole track.  The renovation is taking over both courses and part of a park, and making it 18 holes with a lot more room.

Oh okay that makes a bit more sense. So it was 27 hole… counting the other portion. Whatever that was. But yeah, the new plans are so much wider/bigger in every dimension.

11 hours ago, iacas said:
Undercover-Tour-Pro-Tiger-Woods.jpg

This past season much was made about Tiger Woods being a changed person. Friendlier...

Tiger haters won’t want to read that. Says what I have always said: Tiger (and Vijay) are well liked by their peers.

Glad to read that article, and it makes a lot more sense.

That is one of the biggest pet peeves I have.  People having a preconceived notion of what a person is based solely on the person's public persona.

IIRC Tiger got "burned" a few times for being forth coming in his interviews during his early days on the tour.  I would be very cautious in public too if I got burned by the press and the public for speaking my mind.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

• Administrator

There’s a documentary or something on the 2017-18 season focusing on Tiger Woods on ESPN tonight at 9pm. Eastern.

”Return of the Roar” or something like that. Will be worth checking out for many here, I think.

I hadn’t known about it until I saw a Twitter comment.

19 minutes ago, iacas said:

There’s a documentary or something on the 2017-18 season focusing on Tiger Woods on ESPN tonight at 9pm. Eastern.

”Return of the Roar” or something like that. Will be worth checking out for many here, I think.

I hadn’t known about it until I saw a Twitter comment.

they have been advertising it on ESPN for the last couple of days.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Missed it? Don't worry, here:

DvstnRnUcAEKsI2.jpg

• Like 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

11 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Missed it? Don't worry, here:

DvstnRnUcAEKsI2.jpg

When is it going to be on ESPN The Ocho? 😜

• Like 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Wow, that was an awesome documentary! I had no idea he got swamped like that at the end of the Tour Championship! That was one of the most amazing things I've ever seen on a golf course. It was like when Gilmore beat McGavin in a playoff at the end of the '96 season.

Man, I really missed out on a cool season of golf, but it was a great way to crash course me on what happened this year. I checked the stats and watched some highlights several weeks ago, but it didn't really do the year justice. Great documentary for the casual fan, and hopefully 2018 is a year a lot of people decided to pick up the game.   

• Thumbs Up 1

Constantine

• Administrator
20 minutes ago, JetFan1983 said:

Wow, that was an awesome documentary! I had no idea he got swamped like that at the end of the Tour Championship! That was one of the most amazing things I've ever seen on a golf course. It was like when Gilmore beat McGavin in a playoff at the end of the '96 season.

Because you missed the year, I think you might be the only person who enjoyed that.

It was a whole lotta nothing if you watched the Tour season, and a regrettable use of 90 minutes. Fortunately I just watched it in the background while other stuff was going on…

1 minute ago, iacas said:

Because you missed the year, I think you might be the only person who enjoyed that.

It was a whole lotta nothing if you watched the Tour season, and a regrettable use of 90 minutes. Fortunately I just watched it in the background while other stuff was going on…

Lmao!!!!

Hey, I already told you I liked Erik Anders Lang too, and you made fun of me for that. Filler is totally awesome to me right now. I'm like a starving castaway who just ate solid food for the first time in years and thinks everything tastes amazing. 

Constantine

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, JetFan1983 said:

Hey, I already told you I liked Erik Anders Lang too, and you made fun of me for that. Filler is totally awesome to me right now. I'm like a starving castaway who just ate solid food for the first time in years and thinks everything tastes amazing. 

I didn't make fun of you… I just said I'm not a big fan. There's a difference. 😄

But yeah, "filler" is a good way to put this Tiger thing.

I was mildly disappointed, and only mildly so because I kinda figured it would be what it turned out to be. They could have really dug into just how awesome the comeback was, from almost literally not playing golf for two years, to this.

Steve

3 hours ago, JetFan1983 said:

Man, I really missed out on a cool season of golf, but it was a great way to crash course me on what happened this year. I checked the stats and watched some highlights several weeks ago, but it didn't really do the year justice. Great documentary for the casual fan, and hopefully 2018 is a year a lot of people decided to pick up the game.   

Gilmore won it for Chubbs, so there was a bit more emotion in that one.😜

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

1 hour ago, nevets88 said:

That is an astonishing chart.  I knew he was moving up but never really looked at how much.  Although now that I look closer I think of him as 13th at the end of 2018 and 656 at the end of 2017, since those are the real OWGR rankings and I have no reason to flack GolfWeek's proprietary ranking.

And in 2019 I don't think his points will age nearly as much as the other top guys and his denominator won't go up for the first 18 events, so who knows where he might end 2019.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only