IGNORED

Tiger Woods Master Catch-All Discussion

Valleygolfer

13 hours ago, iacas said:

That's funny. Look at the comments here…

🙂

"When the golfer is applying a specific cocktail of forces and torques through impact the look of the follow through is quite specific" 

Whatever cocktail Tiger drinks, I want one. Or multiple.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Uh oh, T-Woods injury.  He's out at Arnold Palmer but still plans to play Players.  Says it's a neck strain.

logo.svg

Tiger Woods has pulled out of the Arnold Palmer Invitational at Bay Hill with a neck strain.

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

• Administrator

Ruh roh.

At least a "neck strain" is a muscle thing that can be fixed. Hopefully soon.

Assuming that's all truthful.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Been waiting for something like this, but it might not be a bad omen since it's in the neck. Still part of the spine, but it's not the lower back, if, as Erik pointed out, it's the entire story. 

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

So he had a neck strain for a “few weeks” but just now decided he can’t play in a tournament. 

Something smells rotten in Denmark. 

I don’t think we are getting the full story. 

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

3 minutes ago, Yukari said:

So he had a neck strain for a “few weeks” but just now decided he can’t play in a tournament. 

I don’t think we are getting the full story. 

Maybe he was hoping it would be better in time for him to play this week?

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

3 minutes ago, klineka said:

Maybe he was hoping it would be better in time for him to play this week?

He played a couple of weeks ago in Mexico and said nothing of his neck strain. So I am not sure if this neck strain thing is real. 

I guess only Tiger knows. 

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Yukari said:

Seems believable to me.

You play thinking it may get better, or it's basically too late to WD. Maybe he strained it on the flight down to Mexico. But now that it's not better yet… you take the time off.

BTW… every Masters Tiger has won, the Players was in March. He'd shut it down after the Players and commit to Masters prep after that.

Bodes well for this year.*

* Just to balance out the bad news above.

• Thumbs Up 2

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

It doesn't take much to throw the neck out sorts, like sleeping 😉 

I look forward to his quick recovery. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Well damn...and my brother’s coming in from Houston for the API. Well...we got Rory and Phil. 

Edited by Vinsk
Moved question to proper thread

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

He's played a couple events last year with KT tape on his neck, I'm guessing it's just a recurrence of that.

Screen Shot 2019-03-04 at 8.02.09 PM.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

14 hours ago, Yukari said:

He played a couple of weeks ago in Mexico and said nothing of his neck strain. So I am not sure if this neck strain thing is real. 

I guess only Tiger knows. 

When has Tiger ever been one to share all details about himself to the press? If it wasn't too much of a bothering in Mexico, why should he mention it? 

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Given his track record, it's not unreasonable to think that this "minor neck strain" turns into something a little more serious, then a little more serious, then eventually devastating.

Hope not though. Like having him back.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, 3jacker said:

Given his track record, it's not unreasonable to think that this "minor neck strain" turns into something a little more serious, then a little more serious, then eventually devastating.

Hope not though. Like having him back.

I don't think so. A strain is muscular. Not spinal or disc related, etc.

This assumes, again, that it's actually a "strain."

The guy is getting older and has maxed out his body for so long. I'm just gonna go with let's just roll with it and whatever happens, happens, not read too much into anything.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

3 hours ago, iacas said:

I don't think so. A strain is muscular. Not spinal or disc related, etc.

This assumes, again, that it's actually a "strain."

Exactly.  Never can be too sure what's really happening based on what comes out of his camp.  I don't think a strain turns into something else, necessarily, but I do thing that certain stories change over time... 🙂

I do hope it's nothing and he's back at it asap.

Edited by 3jacker