IGNORED

Tiger Woods Master Catch-All Discussion

Valleygolfer

valleygolfer...curious, how do squats wreck a already bad back? are you a trainer, or strength coach? cause I am and they defiantly do not "wreck" you're back!

Don't they wreck your back if you have improper form or are lifting heavier weights than you should be?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Any exercise can cause injury if done improperly. Squats have greater potential because of the amount of weight used as well.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Of course any exercise like a squat(especially with way more weight than you can handle) can hurt your back if done improperly...BUT, Tiger is not a normal person! he has been strength training for years and I believe he has used a trainer(s) for years too. So, for someone like Tige,r an exercise like a squat, will not hurt his back unless he is really trying to squat a lot of weight, which he could be doing, I have no idea. If you have proper form and aren't trying to break records with weights, then for someone like Tiger, he shouldn't worry about any exercise. Unless it gets in the way of a past injury...;btw, when you have an injury like a bad lower back, its usually because front of your body is a weak link, ie....you're quads, hips, core, etc.

valleygolfer...curious, how do squats wreck a already bad back? are you a trainer, or strength coach? cause I am and they defiantly do not "wreck" you're back!

I have 24 years of weight training experience and work with the spine daily for 17 years, how's that?

Because you are a trainer, you know? Spinal damage resulting in arthritis and disc bulging then putting heavy weight on you shoulders to compress discs that are predisposed to damage. Let alone the difficulty for just about everyone to maintain form with heavy weight.

You passed a personal trainer certification course, how's your medical back ground? I have seen a lot of pathetic trainers.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Your material is getting a little...stale. Maybe you could work a few knock-knock jokes into your routine to freshen it up a bit?

Knock Knock

Who's there?

I HATE TIGER!!

Well then you must have enjoyed the Masters this year.

I didn't watch because there was no Tiger to piss and moan about.

Nice try @Ernest Jones but you screwed up the punchline.  It goes:

Knock Knock
Who's there?
I HATE TIGER!!
Well then you must have enjoyed the Masters this year.
There was no Tiger or "fake" golf fans to piss and moan about, and I almost didn't know what to do with myself, but instead I just complained about how shitty the golf course is and how stupid their qualification process is ... it's all good. :-P

I'm not getting into some stupid internet message board argument with you. Your're right! have a good day buddy!

Hey I am good at stupid arguments. Considering you provided nothing with your statement other than you are a trainer and that squats do not hurt a already damaged back, I am more concerned for your clients.

Hey Admin...I told this guy I didn't want to argue/debate this topic...are you going to step in? this guy doesn't seem to want to stop with the discussion.

Just stop responding.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Tiger effect: [URL]http://www.golfdigest.com/blogs/the-loop/2014/04/one-chart-that-proves-the-tige.html[/URL] @Rick Martin this will make you happy.

Tiger effect: http://www.golfdigest.com/blogs/the-loop/2014/04/one-chart-that-proves-the-tige.html

@Rick Martin this will make you happy.

Is anyone surprised? Stop the presses: less people watch when TW doesn't play. He draws people who never picked up a club to watch.  But in my opinion, if you're an avid golfer and an avid PGA golf fan and not just a casual fan of the sport, you don't miss the Masters.

• Administrator
But in my opinion, if you're an avid golfer and an avid PGA golf fan and not just a casual fan of the sport, you don't miss the Masters.

Cool. I'm a fan of the PGA Tour, too! And the PGA! Does that make me a double serious fan?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator
for someone who skips watching PGA tour events unless TW is playing, I'd say you're a casual fan.

Yep. Got me pegged Rick. A guy who spends 60+ hours a week on golf is a "casual fan."

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

for someone who skips watching PGA tour events unless TW is playing, I'd say you're a casual fan.

Yep. Got me pegged Rick. A guy who spends 60+ hours a week on golf is a "casual fan."

Ricky, it's possible that your criteria are a little off.

@iacas owns and administers a golf forum, tweets about golf, teaches others to play the game both as a profession and in his free time, produces DVDs about how to play the game, and wrote a book about golf.  He also watches golf, follows the Tours, attends professional events, and stays current on teaching teaching techniques and playing styles of professional golfers.  He further attends equipment shows and stays current on golf equipment technology, rules, etc.

@iacas is a Golf Fan.  He's dedicated.

@iacas , like many, has varying levels of interest in sitting down to watch a professional golf event on television.  I just listed 11 or so different categories of activities through which @iacas expresses/channels his interest in golf.  In addition to those things, he has a family, pays taxes, mows his lawn (or shovels snow, as appropriate), etc.  Sometimes on a perfect spring Saturday and Sunday afternoon, sitting down in front of the television for four hours poses a considerable opportunity cost to other things.  So, just like everyone else on the planet, he has to choose among competing priorities.

Watching golf on television varies in relative importance among those priorities based on several factors:  the event, the nature of the competing priorities, and WHO'S IN THE FIELD.  That's right:  if Tiger is in the field, it has an impact on the relative importance of the event.  If it's a major championship and Tiger is playing, within striking distance of the lead, it increases the relative importance of the event.  Ergo, more people (like @iacas ) will watch.

Just because someone is more likely to watch an event when Tiger is playing does not mean that their failure to watch an event Tiger has skipped makes them "casual" golf fans or "not real" golf fans.  That may be your defining criteria, but anyone with the cognitive ability to comprehend facts and logic can see that there are competing and more appropriate defining criteria.

• Upvote 3

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"