IGNORED

Tiger Woods Master Catch-All Discussion

Valleygolfer

For all Tiger return/congressional talk, go HERE

We're going to start moving away from these "mega threads" so it's easier for people to find more specific topics.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Tiger is a great sport. There's some amazing commercials out there. His "Golf's Not Hard" series when he was younger is still extremely funny.  Anyone remember this?

He probably hurt his back diving for that gopher puppet...

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

• 1 month later...
Tiger will not play this weekend if he is as hurt as he is portraying

Where is he portraying something?

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Where is he portraying something?

His behavior of exhibiting that he is in pain. If it is not an exaggerative act and he is in that much pain. Sometimes I wonder if he lays it on thick to show he is hurting so it is obvious to explain poor shots.

He obviously hurt enough to withdraw from a tournament.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

You mean "wasn't hurt enough?"

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

For those interested, this Twitter tracker should work:

https://twitter.com/GCTigerTracker

In my experience, pain in the low back like this doesn't clear up easily. I think he was probably sore and more pride hurt than anything since he is at Val Halla now.

I personally think the Ryder Cup is driving him to play this week. I think he knows....and we all know.....if he WDs, he has no chance of being on the Ryder Cup team.

I think there are very few outcomes that result in him making the Ryder Cup team, but that's just me.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

I think there are very few outcomes that result in him making the Ryder Cup team, but that's just me.

Agree....but playing all four rounds at the PGA and finishing top-10 I think would be a scenario where he made the team.

I personally think the Ryder Cup is driving him to play this week. I think he knows....and we all know.....if he WDs, he has no chance of being on the Ryder Cup team.

Personally I think the majors are more important to him than the Ryder Cup. I may be wrong though.

In my experience, pain in the low back like this doesn't clear up easily. I think he was probably sore and more pride hurt than anything since he is at Val Halla now.

I doubt your experience is similar to every kind of lower back pain anyone can experience.

Personally I think the majors are more important to him than the Ryder Cup. I may be wrong though.

Agree. I seriously doubt the Ryder Cup has anything to do with his trying to play this week. It's all about the majors. He's hoping he can catch lightening in a bottle and sneak to his 15th. Same reason he came back so early to prep for The Open. He has no shot of winning if he doesn't show up. His mind and heart are still relentlessly pursuing Jack but the body wants nothing to do with it.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

I have always suffered from back spasms since an injury to my lower spine at an early age. Funny thing about spasms forming in the lower back is that you can be strong with a full range of motion and then all of a sudden it catches and your back goes completely out.  You can't walk at all, can't even stand all the way up.  All I could do was lean to the side of least resistance.  It can also go away suddenly but you STILL don't quite trust it.  I was walking to get my mom's mail one weekend about 12 years ago and got hit with a lower back spasm and fell backwards while walking and layed in the grass for a full 30 minutes before my mom looked out the window and saw me laying out there.  and as Tiger said you CANNOT TWIST past maybe 40%-50%.  At least for me anyway.

As a person who suffers from back pain, I can tell you with authority how random they can be. I get bad shooting pains down my legs one day and they're not there the next.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter