IGNORED

Tiger Woods Master Catch-All Discussion

Valleygolfer

Until anyone can tell me why Tiger would give up 9 pain-free holes of golf a week before a major, then jet home that Sunday night, then wait until Wednesday to jet back to Kentucky, I just can't buy the argument that he was faking. Why would he give up that playing time? That practice time? That on-course experience on greens he's never seen before?
  • Upvote 1

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Until anyone can tell me why Tiger would give up 9 pain-free holes of golf a week before a major, then jet home that Sunday night, then wait until Wednesday to jet back to Kentucky, I just can't buy the argument that he was faking. Why would he give up that playing time? That practice time? That on-course experience on greens he's never seen before?

Stop it, just ... stop it.  How are people going to keep spouting ridiculous conspiracy theories if you keep spitting out this absurd non ( common) sense???

Yeah, Tiger seems less likely to "fake it" than almost any other professional golfer.  I used to think he hammed it up a bit until, you know, he won the US Open on a mangled knee and broken leg.

He has played for months with injury before and not let the golfing public know about it.  In fact, he was hurt last year (and we didn't know) and had a career for most professionals in one season.

"Witty golf quote."

God almighty. Why is it that every time Tiger is injured, we get long discussions on whether he is faking it or not? :doh:

And everyone seems to be experts on every king of ailment he suffers from, apparently being able to diagnose him from TV-footage and claiming that he can't possibly be in that much pain. I mean he winced and all after doing a golf swing! I had a bad lower back once and I didn't wince!

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

http://www.tigerwoods.com/news/2014/08/06/88260190/tiger-feels-good-will-compete-at-the-pga-championship/

Quote:

After withdrawing on the ninth tee last Sunday during the final round of the WGC-Bridgestone Invitational at Firestone Country Club because of back spasms, Tiger's playing status this week was uncertain. But after rest and treatment Monday and Tuesday at his home in Florida, he is able to swing pain free and was cleared by his doctors to compete this week.

"My range of motion was good," said Woods, who made the decision to play Tuesday afternoon. "My firing sequence was back to normal."

On Wednesday, he played the front nine with Steve Stricker, Davis Love III and Harris English. Swing coach Sean Foley accompanied Tiger on the range, offering advice along the way. Tiger didn't favor his back and piped his first shot with a driver down the fairway.

"I felt pretty good about how I played and the shots I hit," he said.

Tiger had back surgery on March 31 to repair a pinched nerve, causing him to miss nearly three months of the PGA TOUR season. Doctors have told him the back spasms are not related to his original injury.

"It's not the site of the surgery," said Tiger, who jarred his sacrum out of joint and pinched a nerve on the second hole last Sunday, as he was hitting from a difficult stance in a fairway bunker, landing awkwardly on his right leg.

"This is something totally different. My physio put it back in, and we've just been treating it. Once he put it back in, the spasms went away."

Asked if he is worried about reinjuring his sacrum this week, Woods said, "My physio is here. If it does go out, he'll be able to fix it."

Woods has been unable to do his normal agility exercises the last four months, which he thinks will help resolve the issue during the offseason.

"I'm still building back up, still playing," he said. "I can't do both at the same time. When the season is over, I can get back to my agility work, my explosiveness, my power, all that stuff, back up to where I used to be."

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Don't believe everything you hear.

Anthony,

You are such a skeptic! :-D

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I have no problem disagreeing with a different perspective, as you said, it's what adults do. I also have no problem calling out ridiculously baseless, or troll-ish comments You got as much as facts as you presented.

Well I guess it takes a troll to know a troll. I put plenty out there why I felt like he was milking it and you gave no rebuttal other than to call names. I know who is the kid here. Don't come back until you give logical reasons for thinking was really injured except for the show he put on.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

God almighty. Why is it that every time Tiger is injured, we get long discussions on whether he is faking it or not? :doh: And everyone seems to be experts on every king of ailment he suffers from, apparently being able to diagnose him from TV-footage and claiming that he can't possibly be in that much pain. I mean he winced and all after doing a golf swing! I had a bad lower back once and I didn't wince!

It is because you don't know about these injuries and personally having them doesn't make you expert either. I didn't see him behave like he was injured on the shot he said it happened. It is impossible for us to know if he was or was not. My past experience leaves me highly skeptical of the behavior displayed on the golf course unless Tiger has a extremely low nerve pain tolerance. Broken bone pain vs nerve pain are two different animals. Just because he can play through the knee pain doesn't correlate with nerve pain of the spine. Nerve pain is debilitating and seeing the way he was acting, he would still be left with issues that would limit function to be able to play at high levels.

Didn't he forfeit a paycheck by quitting? Seems like (if he could), he would have played 9 more holes for the paycheck at least.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Well I guess it takes a troll to know a troll. I put plenty out there why I felt like he was milking it and you gave no rebuttal other than to call names. I know who is the kid here. Don't come back until you give logical reasons for thinking was really injured except for the show he put on.

Yes, plenty of rectally extracted gibberish. Did you have any evidence of him faking an injury before, or even this one? No.

Why do I think he was really injured?

He looked injured when he left the course.

He swung like he was injured.

Reports from sources indicate that he was injured (I know, we can't believe what we hear).

He has a history of playing injured when he could, and none of faking an injury to get off the course.

It's ok, though. You're welcome to cook up your theories and believe them.

Consider this the last exchange I'll have with you on this topic.

• Upvote 1

Nike Covert 2.0 10.5* with Fujikura Motore F3 Stiff Flex
Nike Covert 2.0 3 Wood 15* Kuro Kage X-stiff 71g
Nike Covert 2.0 21* 3 hybrid Kuro Kage X-stiff 85g
Nike VR Pro Combo CB 4--PW
Nike VR Pro forged 50, 56, 58
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

Yes, plenty of rectally extracted gibberish. Did you have any evidence of him faking an injury before, or even this one? No.   Why do I think he was really injured? He looked injured when he left the course.  He swung like he was injured. Reports from sources indicate that he was injured (I know, we can't believe what we hear). He has a history of playing injured when he could, and none of faking an injury to get off the course. It's ok, though. You're welcome to cook up your theories and believe them. Consider this the last exchange I'll have with you on this topic.

Thank goodness. Perhaps now the thread can continue without the personal attacks.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Didn't he forfeit a paycheck by quitting? Seems like (if he could), he would have played 9 more holes for the paycheck at least.

I don't think that amount of money matters to Tiger. Other than maybe his status on the money list.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 14ledo81

I don't think that amount of money matters to Tiger. Other than maybe his status on the money list.

Could be... then again, it was only 9 more holes, he had already been playing like crap for awhile.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Thank goodness. Perhaps now the thread can continue without the personal attacks.

Sorry, David. It seems like it has.

Nike Covert 2.0 10.5* with Fujikura Motore F3 Stiff Flex
Nike Covert 2.0 3 Wood 15* Kuro Kage X-stiff 71g
Nike Covert 2.0 21* 3 hybrid Kuro Kage X-stiff 85g
Nike VR Pro Combo CB 4--PW
Nike VR Pro forged 50, 56, 58
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

Could be... then again, it was only 9 more holes, he had already been playing like crap for awhile.

Yeah but it was a whole new level of crap that day.

Yeah, Tiger seems less likely to "fake it" than almost any other professional golfer.  I used to think he hammed it up a bit until, you know, he won the US Open on a mangled knee and broken leg. He has played for months with injury before and not let the golfing public know about it.  In fact, he was hurt last year (and we didn't know) and had a career for most professionals in one season.

Well, I'm not proffering an opinion but to those who say Tiger is less likely to pull out of a tournament than others, I'm not sure the facts support that. Wasn't this the 15th time he's WD'd in the last few years? If that # is correct, and I'm not positive it is, that would be plenty of justification for the "faking it" speculation.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Well, I'm not proffering an opinion but to those who say Tiger is less likely to pull out of a tournament than others, I'm not sure the facts support that. Wasn't this the 15th time he's WD'd in the last few years? If that # is correct, and I'm not positive it is, that would be plenty of justification for the "faking it" speculation.

15 wd's? where exactly did you pull THAT number from?

His WD from the Bridgestone was his 7th career withdraw.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter