IGNORED

Tiger Woods Master Catch-All Discussion

Valleygolfer

(edited)

il_570xN.765588958_8d74.jpg

And now he has ugly shoes...Nike is bring the flap back...

Edited by Valleygolfer

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Any guesses on how far he can hit the driver with that swing? It'd be nice if he could still put it out 280, and greatly reduce the risk of re-injury. Regardless how he is hitting and progressing, I think he should wait to come back to the Tour until next year.

1 hour ago, Valleygolfer said:

Love the shoes. I played some of the best golf in my life in a pair just like them back in the late 80's. Different color though, maybe I should try them again. What do I have to lose?

1 minute ago, Natural Patrick said:

Love the shoes. I played some of the best golf in my life in a pair just like them back in the late 80's. Different color though, maybe I should try them again. What do I have to lose?

Respect....?:-D

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

On 4/25/2016 at 7:32 PM, nevets88 said:

Woods playing to promote his new course. Video of driver, dtl. Looks like just a little old man finish.

Iron looks a little better?

I wonder how much having a mike transmitter in the small of your back affects your swing?

Kevin

30 minutes ago, natureboy said:

I wonder how much having a mike transmitter in the small of your back affects your swing?

I doubt it does anything. It's probably in the least bothersome spot. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

8 hours ago, dakatkinson said:

Any guesses on how far he can hit the driver with that swing? It'd be nice if he could still put it out 280, and greatly reduce the risk of re-injury. Regardless how he is hitting and progressing, I think he should wait to come back to the Tour until next year.

Reports within the past week from those practice/exhibition sessions referenced his driver at/around 300yds and full 2-irons around 255yds. Not sure if he's yet capable of sustaining those lengths for a full round (no details of those 4-5hr practice sessions) or, more importantly back to back rounds in a tournament but we may soon find out. 

Driver- :nike: Nike VR-Pro Limited Edition 9.5* Diamana 'ahina Stiff Flex 3 Wood- :titleist: Titleist 980 5 Wood- :tmade: Taylormade R9 3i-PW- :tmade: Taylormade Tour Preferred (Dynamic Gold S300) Putter- :tarmour: Tommy Armour T-Line 150 (it's old but I love it and haven't been able to find anything that feels better)

14 hours ago, Valleygolfer said:

Just for clarification -that flap is called a "kiltie".  I wore golf shoes with kilties for years before they went out of style.

• Upvote 1

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

1 hour ago, Fourputt said:

Just for clarification -that flap is called a "kiltie".  I wore golf shoes with kilties for years before they went out of style.

Wait...there was a time when shoes like that were considered in style?

• Upvote 1

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

11 minutes ago, Chilli Dipper said:

Wait...there was a time when shoes like that were considered in style?

I don't know of a golfer in the 70's who would would consider himself properly attired without shoes adorned with kilties.  I wore Footjoys well into the 80's because I wanted the kiltie, and many brands had dropped them by then.  

The kiltie was actually somewhat functional, not just decoration.  It covered the laces and helped to keep dirt and sand and other debris from working in around the tongue when walking through rough and brush (which is, after all, where I spend much of my time).   Mostly though it just made me look like a golfer, which is more than I could say for my game.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

21 minutes ago, Fourputt said:

I don't know of a golfer in the 70's who would would consider himself properly attired without shoes adorned with kilties.  I wore Footjoys well into the 80's because I wanted the kiltie, and many brands had dropped them by then.  

The kiltie was actually somewhat functional, not just decoration.  It covered the laces and helped to keep dirt and sand and other debris from working in around the tongue when walking through rough and brush (which is, after all, where I spend much of my time).   Mostly though it just made me look like a golfer, which is more than I could say for my game.

They weren't adorned with tassles, but baseball cleats in the 80's and even into the early 90's had those flaps as well.  I think I had at least one pair of golf shoes as a kid with those kilties on them. :)

On 4/27/2016 at 8:40 PM, ChrisP said:

I never like going to tourneys on Weekends. Always like the first 2 rounds because you get to see more. It's more laid back, plus less crowded. Weekends everyone wants to see the leaders and it's harder and you miss a lot of stuff. You want to see the drama play out more on tv.

I took it further and went to the practice round in 2008 at Torrey Pines and then watched the whole event on TV at home.  At practice rounds you get to see a lot more players, can even talk to them.  Also other notables are more relaxed and willing to talk.  One day  had a nice chat with Dottie Pepper.  Another day I had a nice chat with some rules officials from other tours who were there.   

6 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

They weren't adorned with tassles, but baseball cleats in the 80's and even into the early 90's had those flaps as well.  I think I had at least one pair of golf shoes as a kid with those kilties on them. :)

But it is so cool for one generation to disdain the fashion choices of another.  Oh well, it lets them take yet another gratuitous shot at Tiger so I guess if it makes them happy . . . 

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

• Administrator

This topic isn't about fringy shoe tassels or anything like that guys…

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

15 hours ago, saevel25 said:

I doubt it does anything. It's probably in the least bothersome spot. 

And he's used it plenty of times before. I'd like to think it was bothering him and not his body. 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

http://www.golfchannel.com/news/golf-central-blog/woods-skipping-wells-fargo-sick-and-tired-not-playing/

Although I wanted to see Tiger play next week, I'm glad he is not rushing to return. 

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

The latest Tdub swing video. Notice how it cuts off at the end, probably not to show his awkward finish as with the last video.

https://twitter.com/TWFoundation/status/726129823182000129/video/1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.