IGNORED

Tiger Woods Master Catch-All Discussion

Valleygolfer

Never seen him hit left handed out of the air. When and where was this?

• Upvote 2

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I guess I'm going to go negative, but I don't think that Tiger will return to prominence on the PGA Tour.  Just to much competition in the current atmosphere to take this much of a layoff.  

Not sure if anyone had posted this, but I thought it was fun to watch. It's not really an hour and 23 it's 26 minutes that is looped 3x apparently.

Edited by Jeremie Boop

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

There is already a Tiger Wood's thread here, 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

4 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

There is already a Tiger Wood's thread here, 

Thanks for keeping me in the loop, this thread is more than two years old? i did not see any recent info on the topic. 

4 minutes ago, BogeyMaster88 said:

Thanks for keeping me in the loop, this thread is more than two years old? i did not see any recent info on the topic. 

The thread was started two years ago. The last post in that thread was on Tuesday ;). It's a popular thread :)

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

I think too many people get paid to write about other things happening.  Some of the author's "facts" are just the fact that someone else expressed an opinion.  Not exactly damning evidence.

I think Tiger wants to play again because he probably doesn't know what to do with himself otherwise.  At the same time, he probably knows that he's not going to be the same, dominant player and has trouble accepting that.  

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

I think the idea of 39-40 year old golfer hanging it up for good is pretty ridiculous. 

We're going to see Tiger return to competitive golf at some point. The press is blowing up those wedge shots at congressional into some kind of Freudian premintion. 

Tiger will definitely play again for the simple reason he does not want to go out the way he is going out. I think he realizes the major record has probably slipped away, but I think he would still like to break Snead's record. It would be a bit of a disappointment if he doesn't get that record. But I'm sure he wants to end his career on a positive note. If he never swings again, I'm not sure I would call that going out on a positive note.

• 2 weeks later...

If a Tiger withdraws from the U.S. Open, and no one on the Sand Trap makes a post about it for several hours, has he really withdrawn at all?

• Upvote 1

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

22 minutes ago, Chilli Dipper said:

If a Tiger withdraws from the U.S. Open, and no one on the Sand Trap makes a post about it for several hours, has he really withdrawn at all?

Lol, Let's call it the Trump Effect.  People losing their minds over there (not necessarily excluding myself).

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

• Administrator

I figure it was just a foregone conclusion.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I don't think we will see Tiger tee it up for 2016.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

11 hours ago, Chilli Dipper said:

I just think it goes back the point I made a couple months ago that the game has moved on from him. Wasn't even one of the top stories on ESPN. Yes he still brings in big ratings....I get it....but people don't expect him to contend anymore. If he plays, he plays. If he doesn't, oh well. Not like he was gonna contend anyways.

Edited by ChrisP

11 minutes ago, ChrisP said:

I just think it goes back the point I made a couple months ago that the game has moved on from him. Wasn't even one of the top stories on ESPN. Yes he still brings in big ratings....I get it....but people don't expect him to contend anymore. If he plays, he plays. If he doesn't, oh well. Not like he was gonna contend anyways.

If he was playing ESPN would have blown up like crazy. So no, we haven't moved on from him. He still moves the needle. He will again when he returns. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag