Valleygolfer

Tiger Woods Master Catch-All Discussion

3,483 posts / 286442 viewsLast Reply

I've never been too worried about his length. Accuracy on the other hand...

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

He apparently played with Trump and Dustin Johnson yesterday (Thanksgiving)?

https://www.cbssports.com/golf/news/president-trump-plays-post-thanksgiving-golf-with-tiger-woods-and-dustin-johnson/

42 minutes ago, iacas said:

He apparently played with Trump and Dustin Johnson yesterday (Thanksgiving)?

Today (Friday) I believe.  Tiger has made a few off-course decisions in life that didn't work out too well.  This will rank right up there.

Edited by metaswinger

4 minutes ago, metaswinger said:

Today (Friday) I believe.  Tiger has made a few off-course decisions in life that didn't work out too well.  This will rank right up there.

I disagree, and will urge you to please remember our rule: no politics.

And yes, today. I thought today was the 25th for some reason.

Dana Dahlquist has some photos of Woods on the range I think today. That A9 position looks like less stress on the back.

https://www.facebook.com/dahlquistgolf/posts/10159460027855212?pnref=story

4 hours ago, metaswinger said:

Tiger has made a few off-course decisions in life that didn't work out too well.  This will rank right up there.

Nah, it's becoming something of a tradition for Tiger to hurt his stock on Thanksgiving :-P

Please stay healthy this year, Tiger. If you can't come back, then what hope do I have? Rooting for him this season, despite my razzing here haha. 

Hmmm, how to comment on this without being political... 

This is challenging haha. OK, here goes:

Respect to Tiger not caring at all if people will approve of this or not. I like that. 

2 minutes ago, JetFan1983 said:

Respect to Tiger not caring at all if people will approve of this or not. I like that. 

He's played with every president. That's remaining neutral. You either play with none of 'em or all of 'em.

1 minute ago, iacas said:

He's played with every president. That's remaining neutral. You either play with none of 'em or all of 'em.

Yea I'm on board with that. 

1 minute ago, Dakota Atkinson said:

DJ and TW tee shot today. Thoughts?

Yea 1) two shots in less than 50 seconds. Let this be a lesson to everyone. and 2) Damn that's a gorgeous golf course!

Woods looks like he has old man finish, but according to Faxon, hit it past DJ half the time, hey if it goes far and straight, who cares how it looks?

I read Woods is designing a Trump course, forget where, so if true, partly business round.

http://golfweek.com/2017/11/25/exclusive-brad-faxons-takeaways-from-a-round-with-tiger-woods-and-donald-trump/

5 hours ago, nevets88 said:

I read Woods is designing a Trump course, forget where, so if true, partly business round.

It's in Dubai and the development is partly being done by a Chinese state owned construction firm:

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/white-house/article172443417.html

A point I hadn't considered before:

One more point: I think the rehab stint was more important for Tiger than we can know. The DUI report made clear how out of control his prescription drug use had become. Tough to play golf like that. If his mind is clear and his body flushed-out from all of those toxins, that could make this comeback much different from all the previous, aborted ones.

http://www.golf.com/tour-news/2017/11/26/tour-confidential-previewing-tiger-woods-return-hero-world-challenge

Wow!!!  This I did not realize the rate of winning when leading after 54 holes.  It just show how great he was in his prime...

In his prime, Woods converted 93 percent of his 54-hole leads/co-leads – by comparison Jack Nicklaus converted 60 percent of the time when leading after three rounds – and he’s spent 683 weeks as world No. 1. Everyone else has a combined 384 weeks atop the world ranking since 1997.

http://www.golfchannel.com/article/rex-hoggard/woods-offers-peek-past

Edited by Yukari