Valleygolfer

Tiger Woods Master Catch-All Discussion

3,174 posts / 226206 viewsLast Reply

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

1 minute ago, Robopz said:

Maybe Tiger needs to retrieve some of that "good energy" he recently handed out the S.H. Park... 😀

Indeed!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

As someone who has a tweaky neck I can take Tiger at his word here. I’ve strained my neck before and thought it would be better in a few days and it’s ended up taking a few weeks to really feel better. Not comparing myself to Tiger, just saying that the neck is fickle and tough to predict. Neck strains are ultimately minimal on the injury spectrum but they can be debilitating in the short run. 

“He’s just being careful,” McIlroy said.

That’s what Woods told two-time major champion Zach Johnson in text messages Tuesday morning.

“I know that guy well enough to know this is something he’s being overly cautious of, and he should be, because of what is on the table and what’s ahead of him,” Johnson said. “Rest will help, with the proper attention to go with that rest.”

usp-pga_-wgc-mexico-championship-final-r

ORLANDO – Dark clouds rolled over central Florida on Tuesday, spitting out rain and spoiling the days of thousands trying to enjoy Walt Disney World Resort, the Happiest Place on Earth. The mood wa…

The Masters means a lot to Tiger.

2 hours ago, iacas said:
usp-pga_-wgc-mexico-championship-final-r

ORLANDO – Dark clouds rolled over central Florida on Tuesday, spitting out rain and spoiling the days of thousands trying to enjoy Walt Disney World Resort, the Happiest Place on Earth. The mood wa…

The Masters means a lot to Tiger.

Yes.. it... does...

And I am fine with that. Mondo. Mucho.

Dude is gonna make me go to the videotape and look at that swing.

usatsi_12206371.jpg?w=640

ORLANDO – Paul Azinger was riding his motorcycle on a beach Monday when his pleasant drive came to a sudden halt. He had gotten word Tiger Woods had withdrawn from this week’s Arnold Palmer Invitat…

2 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Dude is gonna make me go to the videotape and look at that swing.

usatsi_12206371.jpg?w=640

ORLANDO – Paul Azinger was riding his motorcycle on a beach...

He's full of it. 

3 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Now @colin007 can come out of his cave and rejoice with the rest of us. :-P

If he putts like Riviera or Mexico, I'm gonna lose it

Golf Channel - Golf Central Blog: Woods works with putting coach Killen at TPC Sawgrass

logo.svg

Tiger Woods was spotted working with putting coach Matt Killen on the back of the range Monday at TPC Sawgrass.

Who’s this ‘Matt Killen?’ Putting coach. Never heard of him? Anyone have some good stuff about him?

11 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Who’s this ‘Matt Killen?’ Putting coach. Never heard of him? Anyone have some good stuff about him?

He was one of those "hotshot" young kids. I think as a teen he was teaching guys on the Tour, including Kenny Perry, and JB Holmes I think. Kenny Perry for sure.

magazine-2010-09-maar01_killen_bio_300.j

A profile of Matt Killen, one of Golf Digest's top-20 teachers under 40.

And some other guys.

Anyway, if he's now trying to rebrand himself as a "putting instructor…" that's interesting.

43 minutes ago, iacas said:

He was one of those "hotshot" young kids. I think as a teen he was teaching guys on the Tour, including Kenny Perry, and JB Holmes I think. Kenny Perry for sure.

magazine-2010-09-maar01_killen_bio_300.j

A profile of Matt Killen, one of Golf Digest's top-20 teachers under 40.

And some other guys.

Anyway, if he's now trying to rebrand himself as a "putting instructor…" that's interesting.

Well working with Tiger is quite the score. Of course if Tiger has an exceptional putting tournament...he’ll get to ride that gravy train for sure. I’m curious what his method for teaching putting is as to garnish Tiger’s interest.

5 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Well working with Tiger is quite the score. Of course if Tiger has an exceptional putting tournament...he’ll get to ride that gravy train for sure. I’m curious what his method for teaching putting is as to garnish Tiger’s interest.

You'd be surprised at how many PGA Tour players are online watching YouTube videos at night.

56 minutes ago, iacas said:

You'd be surprised at how many PGA Tour players are online watching YouTube videos at night.

Really? You’re right. That’s surprising.

@iacas I need you to use your connections and have Tiger tranquilized and then transported to you for an Edel fitting and AimPoint instructions

47 minutes ago, colin007 said:

@iacas I need you to use your connections and have Tiger tranquilized and then transported to you for an Edel fitting and AimPoint instructions

Whenever I see a story of Tiger struggling with his putting, I just think he needs an Edel fitting and a putting lesson from @iacas ;)