IGNORED

Tiger Woods Master Catch-All Discussion

Valleygolfer

• Administrator
1 minute ago, dennyjones said:

I believe he was/is the biggest influence when it comes to increased purse sizes.

I think he was being facetious of a sort…

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Smart move by moving the tee times up but they would have gotten the round in if they went normal time. The heavy stuff broke up as it got to Augusta and they only ended up with showers. But still smart move. Just bored with nothing to watch now haha.

Edited by ChrisP

1 minute ago, ChrisP said:

Smart move by moving the tee times up but they would have gotten the round in if they went normal time. The heavy stuff broke up as it got to Augusta and they only ended up with showers. But still smart move. Just bored with nothing to watch now haha.

Huge break for Tiger.  Being in the final group, and being able to watch Koepka from there, might have been the difference.

• Like 1

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, ChrisP said:

No offense, but why is this so important to you? You posted so much about the weather, the tee times, etc.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

9 minutes ago, iacas said:

No offense, but why is this so important to you? You posted so much about the weather, the tee times, etc.

Are you kidding? The wizards of Augusta see all and know all! They knew the heavy weather wouldn't hit till later. They just wanted an early evening of it! 😉

• Administrator
Just now, ChrisP said:

Sorry. Just forget I posted it.

I'm not going to "forget," I'm just curious why you cared so much? Were you the one worried about the weather in the U.S. Open a few years ago, too?

It's hardly a big deal, but you seem to be obsessed with it, so I thought I'd ask why. That's it.

2 hours ago, iacas said:

I'm not going to "forget," I'm just curious why you cared so much? Were you the one worried about the weather in the U.S. Open a few years ago, too?

It's hardly a big deal, but you seem to be obsessed with it, so I thought I'd ask why. That's it.

Mentioned this before but I studied meteorology at Annapolis, so yes, I can be a weather nerd.

Edited by ChrisP

• Administrator
1 minute ago, ChrisP said:

Mentioned this before but I studied meteorology at Annapolis, so yes, I can be a weather nerd.

Okay.

So, then, briefly (because it's not really on topic), why did they get the forecast so wrong? They even held the ceremony outside.

35 minutes ago, iacas said:

Okay.

So, then, briefly (because it's not really on topic), why did they get the forecast so wrong? They even held the ceremony outside.

They had it right up until 2pm. Radar at 2pm looked awful for them. Then all of a sudden the storm weakened just as it got to Augusta. Was odd. 

Weather is always just predictions and they couldn't predict it breaking up in time with enough confidence to let them play as normal. Changing the schedule was an insurance. They knew it could break up amd cause no problems to the tournament, but it could just as well have broken up after tearing through Augusta. 

Edited by Zeph
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

New Nike commercial.

This doesn't get old.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Thumbs Up 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

190415_md_tiger_wood_todd_lewis_intervie

Tiger Woods reflects on his road back to winning a major again.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

So, after about 10 years of various pretenders named Rory, Jordan, Jason, Justin, Dustin, and Brooks, is the 'next Tiger Woods' going to end up being . . . .

Tiger Woods?

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

• Like 1

Steve

51 minutes ago, turtleback said:

So, after about 10 years of various pretenders named Rory, Jordan, Jason, Justin, Dustin, and Brooks, is the 'next Tiger Woods' going to end up being . . . .

Tiger Woods?

Heh, looks like.  Tiger has broken Earl's curse: in 1995, Earl predicted that Tiger would win 14 majors.  That number held up for over ten years, until yesterday.

Edited by brocks

• Administrator
1 hour ago, turtleback said:

Tiger Woods?

Stolen.