Valleygolfer

Tiger Woods Master Catch-All Discussion

3,121 posts / 214027 viewsLast Reply

1 minute ago, dennyjones said:

I believe he was/is the biggest influence when it comes to increased purse sizes.

I think he was being facetious of a sort…

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

Smart move by moving the tee times up but they would have gotten the round in if they went normal time. The heavy stuff broke up as it got to Augusta and they only ended up with showers. But still smart move. Just bored with nothing to watch now haha.

Edited by ChrisP

1 minute ago, ChrisP said:

Smart move by moving the tee times up but they would have gotten the round in if they went normal time. The heavy stuff broke up as it got to Augusta and they only ended up with showers. But still smart move. Just bored with nothing to watch now haha.

Huge break for Tiger.  Being in the final group, and being able to watch Koepka from there, might have been the difference.

6 minutes ago, ChrisP said:

No offense, but why is this so important to you? You posted so much about the weather, the tee times, etc.

9 minutes ago, iacas said:

No offense, but why is this so important to you? You posted so much about the weather, the tee times, etc.

Are you kidding? The wizards of Augusta see all and know all! They knew the heavy weather wouldn't hit till later. They just wanted an early evening of it! 😉

43 minutes ago, iacas said:

Sorry. Just forget I posted it.

Just now, ChrisP said:

Sorry. Just forget I posted it.

I'm not going to "forget," I'm just curious why you cared so much? Were you the one worried about the weather in the U.S. Open a few years ago, too?

It's hardly a big deal, but you seem to be obsessed with it, so I thought I'd ask why. That's it.

2 hours ago, iacas said:

I'm not going to "forget," I'm just curious why you cared so much? Were you the one worried about the weather in the U.S. Open a few years ago, too?

It's hardly a big deal, but you seem to be obsessed with it, so I thought I'd ask why. That's it.

Mentioned this before but I studied meteorology at Annapolis, so yes, I can be a weather nerd.

Edited by ChrisP

1 minute ago, ChrisP said:

Mentioned this before but I studied meteorology at Annapolis, so yes, I can be a weather nerd.

Okay.

So, then, briefly (because it's not really on topic), why did they get the forecast so wrong? They even held the ceremony outside.

35 minutes ago, iacas said:

Okay.

So, then, briefly (because it's not really on topic), why did they get the forecast so wrong? They even held the ceremony outside.

They had it right up until 2pm. Radar at 2pm looked awful for them. Then all of a sudden the storm weakened just as it got to Augusta. Was odd. 

Weather is always just predictions and they couldn't predict it breaking up in time with enough confidence to let them play as normal. Changing the schedule was an insurance. They knew it could break up amd cause no problems to the tournament, but it could just as well have broken up after tearing through Augusta. 

Edited by Zeph

New Nike commercial.

This doesn't get old.

So, after about 10 years of various pretenders named Rory, Jordan, Jason, Justin, Dustin, and Brooks, is the 'next Tiger Woods' going to end up being . . . .

Tiger Woods?

51 minutes ago, turtleback said:

So, after about 10 years of various pretenders named Rory, Jordan, Jason, Justin, Dustin, and Brooks, is the 'next Tiger Woods' going to end up being . . . .

Tiger Woods?

Heh, looks like.  Tiger has broken Earl's curse: in 1995, Earl predicted that Tiger would win 14 majors.  That number held up for over ten years, until yesterday.

Edited by brocks

1 hour ago, turtleback said:

Tiger Woods?

Stolen.