IGNORED

Tiger Woods Master Catch-All Discussion

Valleygolfer

19 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Guy who won big on Masters bet doubling down on Woods. Bet 100K at 100 to 1 odds to win Grand Slam.  

tiger-woods-bet.jpg

James Adducci made the media rounds when he cashed in on an $85,000 bet on Tiger Woods to win the Masters, but he's now betting bigger.

I saw this. IMO, a terrible bet at 100:1 odds. Completely emotion-driven bet.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

This is really good:

i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2019%2F0511%2Fr541633_1

When things looked bad, when even Tiger thought his career was finished, Joe LaCava believed. This is the story of the guy standing right beside Tiger.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Woods on playing in the Olympics. I read McIlroy wants to as well.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

On 5/13/2019 at 1:49 PM, chspeed said:

I saw this. IMO, a terrible bet at 100:1 odds. Completely emotion-driven bet.

So he's currently $1,190,000 - $85,000 = $1,105,000 ahead.  and he's betting $100K...He's playing with house money. 

Do the math - he loses, he's still got $1M and change more than he had in March.

This bet isn't terrible....it's just fun.  The FIRST bet was ridiculous and he got very lucky (and fortunate).

Bill - 

2 hours ago, nevets88 said:

I read McIlroy wants to as well.

I very much doubt that, based on what he said when he withdrew the last time.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

22 minutes ago, rehmwa said:

So he's currently $1,190,000 - $85,000 = $1,105,000 ahead.  and he's betting $100K...He's playing with house money. 

Do the math - he loses, he's still got $1M and change more than he had in March.

This bet isn't terrible....it's just fun.  The FIRST bet was ridiculous and he got very lucky (and fortunate).

House money - that's exactly how Vegas wants people to think. It's not house money, it's his money that he's playing with, and it's a lot of money - at least that's how I think.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, chspeed said:

House money - that's exactly how Vegas wants people to think. It's not house money, it's his money that he's playing with, and it's a lot of money - at least that's how I think.

I actually feel like you do.  I wouldn't make the bet.  But he started with, apparently in his mind, $85k he was willing to lose.  If he stops here and Tiger doesn't make it.  He still has $1M in his pocket more than he started with.  That's a pretty good first half of the year.

I'd be more worried that (note the article says the first bet was his first time betting on anything) this indicates he's got the gambling bug...

• Like 1

Bill - 

1 hour ago, colin007 said:

My nerves are starting to get woogity

Deep breaths.

• Like 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

29 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Deep breaths.

I honestly don't sleep well when he's playing in a major. Not joking.

Colin P.

1 hour ago, colin007 said:

I honestly don't sleep well when he's playing in a major. Not joking.

You sure you’re not the guy with $100k riding on him?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chspeed said:

You sure you’re not the guy with $100k riding on him?

Ours is more of a spiritual connection

😁

Colin P.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Tiger Woods. Memorial. That is all.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Informative 1

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Tiger talking about his swing thoughts,

tiger2.jpg

Tiger Woods explained to GOLFTV his swing keys, and how they help protect his stiff back, ahead of the 2019 U.S. Open.

His first key, as he explains, his really turning into his right hip on his backswing. To make a big turn and “load” more. The more he does it, the more pressure it takes off his back during the rest of his swing.

Reminds me a bit of this thread,

Tiger specifically mentions turning into his right hip. He's not swaying into his right hip as I think most people think whey someone says load into their right side.

When he loads onto that right hip, Tiger says his next thought is to turn as much as he can into his opposing left hip. That keeps the club out in front of him, and helps him hit the fades that he used to such great success at the Masters. When he doesn’t load properly, he springs up and out of his posture, the club gets too far behind him, and it adds pressure on his back.

Also, Tiger talking about how he has two swing thoughts right now made me think of this thread,

Pretty simple swing thoughts when working absolutely shows Tiger is a contender in any tournament.

On a side note, I like that my piece is similar to Tiger's in that I want to turn more in the downswing, but more so turn in a better way for me. Still, i am taking it as a plus! :-P

• Thumbs Up 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Also, Tiger talking about how he has two swing thoughts right now

There you go.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

17 hours ago, saevel25 said:

His first key, as he explains, his really turning into his right hip on his backswing. To make a big turn and “load” more. The more he does it, the more pressure it takes off his back during the rest of his swing.

He got that from the helpful tape I sent him:

Edited by brocks