IGNORED

Tiger Woods Master Catch-All Discussion

Valleygolfer

24 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

That really just fuels the technical fallacy of the total wins. Not only are Snead’s bs wins counted, but many of Tiger’s better wins are not. 

Agree 100%.  But that’s sports.

You can put as many asterisks after Barry Bonds name, but he still officially hit 7 more than Hammerin’ Hank.  Each year he is getting more votes for HOF.

No one said it was fair.

John

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

@70sSanO, nobody thinks that Sam is a better golfer than Tiger Woods, by the record(s), and plenty of people have known that Tiger was shy of Snead's "record" number of wins.

This isn't new information too many. To you, it seems to be.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

5 minutes ago, iacas said:

@70sSanO, nobody thinks that Sam is a better golfer than Tiger Woods, by the record(s), and plenty of people have known that Tiger was shy of Snead's "record" number of wins.

This isn't new information too many. To you, it seems to be.

Not news to me.  Snead was good, but not close to Tiger’s level.

The comparison thread/poll just got me wondering how anyone could possibly think Snead could be better.

Others may not care, but I’d like to see him pass Snead.

John

• 2 weeks later...

• Thumbs Up 1

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

23 hours ago, nevets88 said:

SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!

:-)

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

720K first place prize money back then. That's like solo third in a big tourney today?

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

On 8/1/2019 at 10:18 AM, nevets88 said:

SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!

Is Bryson DeChambeau a time traveler?????

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

Colin P.

10 hours ago, colin007 said:

Is Bryson DeChambeau a time traveler?????

Not  . . .  yet. 😉

• Like 1

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

Back is not looking good. Stopped hitting full swings during pro am and just chipped and putted. Sigh.

Steve

2 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Back is not looking good. Stopped hitting full swings during pro am and just chipped and putted. Sigh.

Seems to be happening a lot lately. I feel he put everything into that Masters win and since then he’s struggled to get himself physically well. I think his schedule next year will prolly be even more reduced. 

With changing stiffness from day to day, it's tough to play four consecutive rounds and end up at the top of the leaderboard.

Woods didn’t hit a tee shot after the seventh hole during his pro-am round at Liberty National and opted to only chip and putt over the final nine holes.

“Just feeling stiff, being smart about it. What I did pre-Augusta, where I chipped and putted for nine holes. Same thing,” explained Woods, who said he began feeling “stiff” early in his round. “This is kind of how it is. Some days I’m stiffer than others.”

Full-field tee times from The Northern Trust

Full coverage of The Northern Trust

The Northern Trust is Woods’ first start since missing the cut at last month’s Open Championship, where he was slowed by the cold and wet conditions. It was a similar story at the PGA Championship in May (missed cut) and the U.S. Open in June (T-21).

Some of Woods’ caution is likely rooted in his possible schedule the next three weeks. He’s currently just inside the top 30 at No. 28 on the FedExCup point list, and if he qualifies for the Tour Championship, which he won last year, that would mean he’d have to play three consecutive weeks for the first time this season.

“There is concern,” he said. “I'm trying to get myself where I'm in contention, where it takes a toll on you, and that's what I want to feel. I want to feel that type of tiredness where I have a chance to win, had a chance to win, had a chance to win. That's a good feeling.”

GCLogo.png

Tiger Woods' back stiffened up on him Wednesday at Liberty National, and Woods remains concerned about a busy FedExCup Playoffs.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

7 hours ago, ChrisP said:

Seems to be happening a lot lately. I feel he put everything into that Masters win and since then he’s struggled to get himself physically well. I think his schedule next year will prolly be even more reduced. 

How few events can he play? He can play the Masters and PGA for the rest of his life. He can play five years in the U.S. Open following his Masters win, and probably get invites or exemptions for as long as he wants. The Open he can play in until he's 60.

He can't lose his PGA Tour card because of 20+ wins and being a member for 15 years.

Tournaments he could miss are WGC ones, if he drops down the OWGR, and some other ones. But if he were to reduce his schedule even more, I don't think missing out on a few events is a worry.

In theory, he could reduce his schedule a lot without it affecting his chances to tee it up in majors, which is what matters now. That said, I don't know if he would reduce his schedule that dramatically. There's something about competing and being out there, even if it's not that often.

8 hours ago, Zeph said:

How few events can he play? He can play the Masters and PGA for the rest of his life. He can play five years in the U.S. Open following his Masters win, and probably get invites or exemptions for as long as he wants. The Open he can play in until he's 60.

He can't lose his PGA Tour card because of 20+ wins and being a member for 15 years.

Tournaments he could miss are WGC ones, if he drops down the OWGR, and some other ones. But if he were to reduce his schedule even more, I don't think missing out on a few events is a worry.

In theory, he could reduce his schedule a lot without it affecting his chances to tee it up in majors, which is what matters now. That said, I don't know if he would reduce his schedule that dramatically. There's something about competing and being out there, even if it's not that often.

I think he’ll cut the WGC Match Play and I don’t see him playing three Fed Ex playoff events, which who knows how his qualification position will be moving forward if he doesn’t play a lot. Bay Hill is a more likely no every year than a yes. It’s getting closer  to just majors, The Players and just a couple other events.

WD from the Northern Trust due to an oblique strain.

Feel like he probably needs to shut it down for a while. Come back next year fresh and rearing for what should be a good set of major venues for him. If not, I hope he retires. Not sure what else he really needs or wants after that Masters victory. He's already broken Snead's record by an honest assessment of their wins. Jack's record is probably not in reach unless his body stays healthy for 5 years. That seems unlikely.

Love to see more of him at his best, but I also thinking going out on the Masters victory would be fitting.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

He needs to worry about the future of his health more than any record at this stage.  He will be GOAT as far as many fans are concerned.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

• Administrator

I agree. If that's "feeling good" then I don't know man.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets