IGNORED

Tiger Woods Master Catch-All Discussion

Valleygolfer

Seems fishy. Maybe Hero in December then.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

38 minutes ago, ChrisP said:

Not good, but he did say he felt good

What’s the name of that river in Egypt?

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

1 hour ago, Missouri Swede said:

What’s the name of that river in Egypt?

I don’t know. I just read Bob Harig’s article on ESPN and he said he looked good so that’s someone other than Tiger saying it.

21 minutes ago, ChrisP said:

I don’t know. I just read Bob Harig’s article on ESPN and he said he looked good so that’s someone other than Tiger saying it.

I hope you’re right. I might come across as anti-Tiger, but I’m not. I just am skeptical of what his long term post-operative capabilities will be. 

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, Missouri Swede said:

I hope you’re right. I might come across as anti-Tiger, but I’m not. I just am skeptical of what his long term post-operative capabilities will be. 

I’m not too worried about long term. Dude is over 40 already. Four years. That’s about all that matters.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

He didn't get a chance to defend at East Lake, so the 18-19 season is over. Though many would say he disappointed in a lot of the events, he won a major, which was a first since the U.S. Open in 2008. 

He'll be part of the Presidents Cup, one way or the other.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

• 2 weeks later...

Knee surgery number 5

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

37 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Knee surgery number 5

that's explains quite a bit -

simple knee carilage repair is MUCH better than more spine stuff

Bill - 

Hopefully he's ready for next season (Masters), but even if they are optimistic, he's still 43 with a long career in golf. One just has to hope for the best and enjoy it when his body is cooperating and he's playing well. He might cut down hard on number of events to be ready for the majors. One tournament means a lot of swings that could hurt his chances at majors.

It's really too bad. He's been fighting these injuries for so many years now, and still comes back every time as one of the currently best players in the world. It would have been cool if he'd stayed healthy those years instead. Jack's record would be smashed I think.

Edited by Zeph

• 3 weeks later...

Tiger's apparently playing in the Presidents Cup:

GCLogo.png

U.S. Presidents Cup captain Tiger Woods may have declared himself a captain's pick for the matches at Royal Melbourne.

Edited by Zeph

• Administrator
5 hours ago, Zeph said:

Tiger's apparently playing in the Presidents Cup:

As noted here, yeah:

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

IMHO, it would have been better to let someone else play.  He should play a PGA tournament instead to better prepare for a major.

Just my 2 cents.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

• Administrator

Also it was pointed out today he’s been signing them all that way since April.

Ehh. The Masters is still 4 months from December. If he thinks he can play and wants to play, why not.