IGNORED

Tiger Woods Master Catch-All Discussion

32 minutes ago, Vespidae said:

Thanks. I did a search on Hal Sutton and scanned all the articles. I can’t find anything really negative on him. What leads you to have such a low opinion of him? Seems like a pretty good golfer.

This is to what he was referring, not Hal Sutton; it’s not Hal Sutton that is the issue, it’s the overstated important of the mental game

• Thanks 1
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Agreed. It was well written with some new anecdotes, but the overall themes surrounding Tiger Woods remain unchanged by the article.  The major point I disagree with is definitively declaring tha

From what I've heard, at one point Nike was very low on wedge blanks for tour players so they sourced some blank heads from Miura. The heads were ground by Nike tour club guys, were in play for a shor

I don't know if this has been brought up here before, but I just watched a YouTube video about Tiger's SixPeat - his six year run of 3 USGA Junior Amateurs followed by his 3 US Amateurs.

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, woodzie264 said:

This is to what he was referring, not Hal Sutton; it’s not Hal Sutton that is the issue, it’s the overstated important of the mental game

Thanks. That clears it up. I don’t speak for Hal Sutton, but I think he would agree. The anecdote he shared was that he pulled his caddie aside and told him, “There are three people that need to know I’m going to beat his ass. I need to know it. You need to know it. And Tiger needs to know it.”

Does that make Hal full of shit? Sounds like he agrees with the idea.

7 minutes ago, Vespidae said:

I don’t know how to respond to that. It sounds like he was stressing the importance of confidence and exuding that.  But I don’t think that makes the mental game more important than having a better skill set than your opponent...which is I believe what others here are saying. 

• Administrator
36 minutes ago, Darkfrog said:

I don't think it's Hal Sutton specifically, but rather the importance (or lack of importance) of the mental game.

This.

11 minutes ago, Vespidae said:

Thanks. That clears it up. I don’t speak for Hal Sutton, but I think he would agree. The anecdote he shared was that he pulled his caddie aside and told him, “There are three people that need to know I’m going to beat his ass. I need to know it. You need to know it. And Tiger needs to know it.”

🤦‍♂️

This is the Tiger topic. It's not the "Hal Sutton is full of shit about the importance of the mental game" topic.

Tour pros say a lot of stupid shit.

P.S. You can be as confident as you want, but if the other guy performs better than you physically, he'll probably beat you. Also, Hal beat Tiger like one time. If Hal was a better player because he had a better "mental game" than Tiger or something like that, why didn't he win 16 majors and 83 PGA Tour titles?

Seriously, man, look at the other topics. Post there.

• Administrator
On 11/30/2020 at 4:29 PM, iacas said:

I recorded it, I think. I saw it was on, and then there was a later showing at midnight or something. I should have it, I think.

So… I thought I recorded it, but it was soccer.

• Funny 1

IIRC, around that time he was with Harmon, and started shortening his swing, especially for wedges because he was flying over greens? And people were saying he won the Masters and he's changing his swing? That's ludicrous!

131440756_3549271625155962_2957168136004912048_n.jpg

• Funny 1

9 minutes ago, iacas said:

Stop me when we find something Leadbetter got right, mmmmkay?

His previous career was as a music agent who passed on The Beatles. 😀

3 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

His previous career was as a music agent who passed on The Beatles. 😀

My previous career was as a toy buyer and I passed on Cabbage Patch Kids.

• Funny 1

Wasn't sure where to post this, but here's an article from the Ringer on Tiger Tracker:

tiger.jpg

Tiger Tracker has been an integral part of online golf and Tiger Woods fandom since 2012. Who was behind it—and where did it go?

Sounds like there's a good chance the account is shut down for good.

3 hours ago, DeadMan said:

Wasn't sure where to post this, but here's an article from the Ringer on Tiger Tracker:

tiger.jpg

Tiger Tracker has been an integral part of online golf and Tiger Woods fandom since 2012. Who was behind it—and where did it go?

Sounds like there's a good chance the account is shut down for good.

There is no replacement for Tiger Tracker, but there are others to fill in some of the void. I follow twspot on Instagram. There are one or two accounts that are on the tip of my tongue, but not recalling the handles right now. Stopped following one of them because it was just too much Tiger Woods in the feed.

1 hour ago, nevets88 said:

There is no replacement for Tiger Tracker, but there are others to fill in some of the void. I follow twspot on Instagram. There are one or two accounts that are on the tip of my tongue, but not recalling the handles right now. Stopped following one of them because it was just too much Tiger Woods in the feed.

The twspot instagram account has been brutal lately. The guy is pimping some big rebrand ploy. Dude, we're here to follow Tiger's rounds and occasionally get a WITB. I don't need a breakdown on what the red, white, and black colors you're using for your new weird logo are called. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative 1

On 12/12/2020 at 6:31 PM, Vespidae said:

If Hal thinks it is all about the mental game, and his win over Tiger in the Players shows he was mentally stronger, then why didn't he outperform Tiger consistently?  

Because of the wide gap in their physical ability, that's why.

• 4 weeks later...