IGNORED

Tiger Woods Master Catch-All Discussion

Valleygolfer

32 minutes ago, Vespidae said:

Thanks. I did a search on Hal Sutton and scanned all the articles. I can’t find anything really negative on him. What leads you to have such a low opinion of him? Seems like a pretty good golfer.

This is to what he was referring, not Hal Sutton; it’s not Hal Sutton that is the issue, it’s the overstated important of the mental game

• Thumbs Up 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 minutes ago, woodzie264 said:

This is to what he was referring, not Hal Sutton; it’s not Hal Sutton that is the issue, it’s the overstated important of the mental game

Thanks. That clears it up. I don’t speak for Hal Sutton, but I think he would agree. The anecdote he shared was that he pulled his caddie aside and told him, “There are three people that need to know I’m going to beat his ass. I need to know it. You need to know it. And Tiger needs to know it.”

Does that make Hal full of shit? Sounds like he agrees with the idea.

7 minutes ago, Vespidae said:

I don’t know how to respond to that. It sounds like he was stressing the importance of confidence and exuding that.  But I don’t think that makes the mental game more important than having a better skill set than your opponent...which is I believe what others here are saying. 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

• Administrator
36 minutes ago, Darkfrog said:

I don't think it's Hal Sutton specifically, but rather the importance (or lack of importance) of the mental game.

This.

11 minutes ago, Vespidae said:

Thanks. That clears it up. I don’t speak for Hal Sutton, but I think he would agree. The anecdote he shared was that he pulled his caddie aside and told him, “There are three people that need to know I’m going to beat his ass. I need to know it. You need to know it. And Tiger needs to know it.”

🤦‍♂️

This is the Tiger topic. It's not the "Hal Sutton is full of shit about the importance of the mental game" topic.

Tour pros say a lot of stupid shit.

P.S. You can be as confident as you want, but if the other guy performs better than you physically, he'll probably beat you. Also, Hal beat Tiger like one time. If Hal was a better player because he had a better "mental game" than Tiger or something like that, why didn't he win 16 majors and 83 PGA Tour titles?

Seriously, man, look at the other topics. Post there.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator
On 11/30/2020 at 4:29 PM, iacas said:

I recorded it, I think. I saw it was on, and then there was a later showing at midnight or something. I should have it, I think.

So… I thought I recorded it, but it was soccer.

• Funny 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

IIRC, around that time he was with Harmon, and started shortening his swing, especially for wedges because he was flying over greens? And people were saying he won the Masters and he's changing his swing? That's ludicrous!

131440756_3549271625155962_2957168136004912048_n.jpg

• Funny 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator

Stop me when we find something Leadbetter got right, mmmmkay?

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

9 minutes ago, iacas said:

Stop me when we find something Leadbetter got right, mmmmkay?

His previous career was as a music agent who passed on The Beatles. 😀

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Wasn't sure where to post this, but here's an article from the Ringer on Tiger Tracker:

tiger.jpg

Tiger Tracker has been an integral part of online golf and Tiger Woods fandom since 2012. Who was behind it—and where did it go?

Sounds like there's a good chance the account is shut down for good.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

• Administrator
1 hour ago, DeadMan said:

Poor Rex.

3 hours ago, DeadMan said:

Wasn't sure where to post this, but here's an article from the Ringer on Tiger Tracker:

tiger.jpg

Tiger Tracker has been an integral part of online golf and Tiger Woods fandom since 2012. Who was behind it—and where did it go?

There is no replacement for Tiger Tracker, but there are others to fill in some of the void. I follow twspot on Instagram. There are one or two accounts that are on the tip of my tongue, but not recalling the handles right now. Stopped following one of them because it was just too much Tiger Woods in the feed.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator
2 hours ago, iacas said:

Poor Rex.

I think he was the most often used one. That, or he was just doing it every time I saw him. 🙂

1 hour ago, nevets88 said:

There is no replacement for Tiger Tracker, but there are others to fill in some of the void. I follow twspot on Instagram. There are one or two accounts that are on the tip of my tongue, but not recalling the handles right now. Stopped following one of them because it was just too much Tiger Woods in the feed.

The twspot instagram account has been brutal lately. The guy is pimping some big rebrand ploy. Dude, we're here to follow Tiger's rounds and occasionally get a WITB. I don't need a breakdown on what the red, white, and black colors you're using for your new weird logo are called. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Informative 1

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

On 12/12/2020 at 6:31 PM, Vespidae said:

If Hal thinks it is all about the mental game, and his win over Tiger in the Players shows he was mentally stronger, then why didn't he outperform Tiger consistently?  

Because of the wide gap in their physical ability, that's why.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Too soon? Lol.

Screen Shot 2020-12-21 at 3.16.43 PM.png

Definitely too soon, lol.

• Funny 1

Steve

• 4 weeks later...

Oldie but goodie:

• Like 1

-Jonny

• Administrator

And another microdiscectomy.