IGNORED

Tiger Woods Master Catch-All Discussion

Valleygolfer

23 minutes ago, Abu3baid said:

I'm too lazy to go back and post the previous articles about how great tiger is looking in practice lol.. Don't these people ever get tired of posting the same stuff over and over?  I'll just wait and see when he plays to make a judgement on how he looks, as should they.

This is not the same stuff, reading the posts in chronological order, you're seeing a steady progression.

It's not, I saw TW eating ice cream, I saw TW eating ice cream, I saw TW eating ice cream, it's he's walking around not like an old man, he's swinging like an old man, he's swinging a driver now, now he's practicing in long sessions. 

I get tired of overexposure too, but this guy moves the needle like no one else, still.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

37 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

According to Rosaforte: Woods practicing in more protracted sessions. 4-5 hours.

http://www.golfdigest.com/story/report-tiger-woods-stepping-up-his-practice-schedule

Well that's the best news I've heard about Tiger. Hope he can make it back this year 100%. 

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

6 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

This is not the same stuff, reading the posts in chronological order, you're seeing a steady progression.

It's not, I saw TW eating ice cream, I saw TW eating ice cream, I saw TW eating ice cream, it's he's walking around not like an old man, he's swinging like an old man, he's swinging a driver now, now he's practicing in long sessions. 

I get tired of overexposure too, but this guy moves the needle like no one else, still.

I have heard on different PGA radio shows about rumors of a Tiger return at the Wells Fargo.

I just hope he doesn't rush it back...

Tony  

:titleist:    |   :tmade:   |     :cleveland: 

24 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

I think you are misunderstanding what I'm commenting about.  I'm commenting on the specific "I've been told that woods looks great" comment.  He's practicing, that's great and good for him, but spare us the he looks great stuff..

Last time they talked about how great he was I think was when he shot a 59 in a worst ball practice or something and then we all know how that ended up..

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Longform ESPN piece, haven't read it yet.

The Secret History of Tiger Woods

The death of his father set a battle raging inside the world's greatest golfer. How he waged that war -- through an obsession with the Navy SEALs -- is the tale of how Tiger lost his way.

http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/15278522/how-tiger-woods-life-unraveled-years-father-earl-woods-death

• Upvote 2

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

1 minute ago, nevets88 said:

http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/15278522/how-tiger-woods-life-unraveled-years-father-earl-woods-death

You beat me to posting this by one minute. Really good piece. I'm not sure it's anything really that new, but really interesting nonetheless.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

8 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Really good read. One of the most comprehensive articles about him in a long time.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

3 hours ago, jamo said:

Really good read. One of the most comprehensive articles about him in a long time.

That was indeed a very good read.  It makes you almost feel bad for the guy.  Its a perfect example of the saying that money can't buy happiness.  He has everything and almost nothing.

• Upvote 1

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

Here are some videos from him at a clinic today: http://www.golfdigest.com/story/tiger-woods-conducts-clinic-at-junior-golf-tournament?mbid=social_facebook

Really makes you wonder when he's planning on teeing it up again?  @pumaAttack says Wells Fargo, which is only in two weeks and the week prior to the Players, but I'd buy that.  If not, perhaps its going to be Colonial or Memorial in prep for the US Open.

Who knows, but it will be interesting.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

Here are some videos from him at a clinic today: http://www.golfdigest.com/story/tiger-woods-conducts-clinic-at-junior-golf-tournament?mbid=social_facebook

Really makes you wonder when he's planning on teeing it up again?  @pumaAttack says Wells Fargo, which is only in two weeks and the week prior to the Players, but I'd buy that.  If not, perhaps its going to be Colonial or Memorial in prep for the US Open.

Who knows, but it will be interesting.

He won't play the Colonial, only did once, I think.  He'd do whatever he could to play Jack's event (which is another reason Jack is GOAT).  But, I doubt he'll be ready.  He'd be smart to put aside any thoughts of trying to compete this year.  It will demoralize him and then he'll truly be done.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Here are the vids:

Steve

That driver swing looks downright fluid, something we haven't been able to say about Tiger in many years.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

18 minutes ago, JetFan1983 said:

Agreed. It was well written with some new anecdotes, but the overall themes surrounding Tiger Woods remain unchanged by the article. 

The major point I disagree with is definitively declaring that he's totally done. If Rocco bitch-ass Mediate can survive a horrible back injury and win the Frys at the age of 48, Tiger can salvage his game and win again... and maybe even throwing in his own Jack '86 moment as a bonus.

There have been many golfers who were once left for dead that came back and somehow found their game again, even if it was only for one year or one week. I obviously concede that the odds are stacked against him, but since his whole life is one big anomaly too, I'm inclined to at least keep that shred of belief alive.

Ultimately though, I have no problems with people thinking he's done. A fair opinion. I'm not gonna bother arguing the point much. It's just my opinion and I hope I'm right.

I agree, Tiger is a phenomenal athlete, if he wants to come back, he will do it.  If the article is accurate the real question is why is he coming back.  If Jacks record was never that important to him and he's preparing for a life without golf then why go through the motions if his heart isn't into it.   

I'm a huge Tiger fan and would love to see him make a run for Jacks record but if he isn't physically or mentally prepared to do so I'd prefer he just retire.  Golf is starting to recover from his absence, at this point it might be best for golf and Tiger if he retires.  

Joe Paradiso

Just came across this article by espn. After reading the Big Miss it gives a bigger insight into what really rocked Tigers world.

Remember its just a game.....more serious than life and death.

Yes, a lot of people are saying it's a good read. We're talking about it in the thread below, skip to the last page:

Steve

I thought the story was very well done -- although I don't really appreciate the whole "Tiger threw away the career with his SEAL/Special Ops obsession".......I don't care how much talent you have and/or what you possibly may accomplish, nobody has the right to tell someone what they can or cannot do with their lives -- if that stuff made Tiger happy, nobody has the right to criticize him for it.  

Anyway......big Tiger fan and just hope he finds fulfillment in his life

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

Bitici says that Tiger asked Rachel to meet him when he'd gone too long without sleep. Only after she arrived could he nod off. Bitici thinks Tiger just wanted a witness to his life.

Uhhh, no Bitici.

Edited by MrDC