IGNORED

Patrick Reed - Is he arrogant?

Kieran123
Note: This thread is 3456 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 member has voted

1. 1. Arrogant?

• Yes
    • No

He didn't call you an idiot, he said that one particular opinion was idiotic. Further, he explained why ... And he has a good point. Your opinion on this makes little sense. Nobody's saying you can't have it, but we're just saying it's wrong.

I see it differently. Maybe I'm wrong for being respectful of other people. Saying I don't agree with your opinion and this is why is ok.  Calling someone else's "opinion" idiotic is not.  But hey, we do live in a world where people are growing less and less respectful every single day so I guess it's no surprise.

I see it differently. Maybe I'm wrong for being respectful of other people. Saying I don't agree with your opinion and this is why is ok.  Calling someone else's "opinion" idiotic is not.  But hey, we do live in a world where people are growing less and less respectful every single day so I guess it's no surprise.

He was a little more emphatic than was probably necessary, I'll give you that ... but, still, he was just disagreeing with your opinion, and he wasn't calling you names.

Also, I don't think passive aggression is the most respectful way to debate either.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

They all played the same course, but some were more penalized by the wind than others.  Fact is Reed put the best four days of golf together and deservedly won.  It was a great win against a tough field no one can take that away from him.

Yep, agree. Reed "survived" better than anyone. There is water everywhere on that course. You can't get "lucky" for four straight rounds.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

I'm sure the old school guys were arrogant but that doesn't change the fact they they run the airwaves now and they are gonna burn him big time on the air if he doesn't win again.

You are overstating it. If Reed falls off the face of the earth, he will be nothing but a footnote and nobody will care. But I suspect that a guy who has already won three times in the last 7 months is not falling off the face of the earth anytime soon. This was no one-and-done. Kid can play.

Bill M

You are overstating it. If Reed falls off the face of the earth, he will be nothing but a footnote and nobody will care. But I suspect that a guy who has already won three times in the last 7 months is not falling off the face of the earth anytime soon. This was no one-and-done. Kid can play.

Let's be real, if Reed didn't say what he did during those interviews and have his cute wife caddy for him no one would even know his name.  The interviews, intentional of not, have kept him relevant much longer than most no name golfers that win a tournament.

Jimmy Walker is probably consulting with a PR firm to find out why he's won 3 times this season and no one is talking about him.

Joe Paradiso

Jimmy Walker is probably consulting with a PR firm to find out why he's won 3 times this season and no one is talking about him.

Who? Is that the brother of the guy that makes the whiskey? ;-)

Well, some people are talking about him

Mike McLoughlin

Who? Is that the brother of the guy that makes the whiskey?

Well, some people are talking about him

Is it a coincidence that "some people" are (sorta) also named after whiskey?? :-P

Is it a coincidence that "some people" are (sorta) also named after whiskey?? :-P [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/93940/] [/URL]

I see what you did there.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Just heard the announcers during the first round of the  Valspar talking about the "confident" Patrick Reed...then they started sarcastically saying that they were top 5 announcers LOL. Pretty funny.

Pretty funny.  It shows that even some guys that are closely involved with "the business" feel he was being arrogant.

Pretty funny.  It shows that even some guys that are closely involved with "the business" feel he was being arrogant.

I think it shows that his comments were controversial and commentators and bloggers like to drag this stuff out to the end.  Miller knows what it's like out on the Tour, I'm sure he's chuckling a bit because he has an idea on the level of ribbing that Reed will get from fans and others on the Tour.

He might be arrogant and it might work for him, let's see how he does the rest of the season.  If he plays like close to a Top 5 the rest of the season I'll be happy for the guy, plus Callaway needs an heir to Phil.

Given Reed's admiration of Tiger what are the chances Nike tries to sign him away from Callaway.

Joe Paradiso

I think it shows that his comments were controversial and commentators and bloggers like to drag this stuff out to the end.  Miller knows what it's like out on the Tour, I'm sure he's chuckling a bit because he has an idea on the level of ribbing that Reed will get from fans and others on the Tour.

He might be arrogant and it might work for him, let's see how he does the rest of the season.  If he plays like close to a Top 5 the rest of the season I'll be happy for the guy, plus Callaway needs an heir to Phil.

Given Reed's admiration of Tiger what are the chances Nike tries to sign him away from Callaway.

I'm sure Phil (Knight) will be on a plane before the season ends if Reed can rack up substantial wins.

Shot 77 on Sunday.

Only one shot more than Adam Scott and he's #2 player in the world, so he's basically still top 5 ;-)

• Upvote 1

Mike McLoughlin

Seems Reed has ruffled feathers within the golf world.  The commentators were pretty quick to take pot shots at Reed almost every time they switched coverage to him.   I realize these guys love controversy but I think it's also because Reed has brought some of this attention on himself, almost like a rookie hazing.

Joe Paradiso

• 2 weeks later...

I think he answered all the question great. I thought he handled the questions that were aimed at trying to get him to say something they could publish or talk about well. I see him as a person who is comfortable with who he is. He handles himself well. Just because he's out spoken it shouldn't be taken against him. I honestly rather hear someone talk honestly about themselves than sit there and throw out the same script every time.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Note: This thread is 3456 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!