IGNORED

What's your Cigar of choice?

Kenny87
Note: This thread is 2543 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

And every golfer that smokes should get the Cigar Compadre, clips to your bag and has a slim cup, so much better than the clip style holders that crush the stogie.

I'll try one out next time I lose a clip, thanks for the suggestion.

• 4 months later...

Bought a box of Romeo Y Julieta Rothchilde Limited Edition - Very good

In fact having one right now. :-)

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 4 weeks later...

Padron anything! I have enjoyed most of them and the Padron 3000 Maduro tends to be my go to cigar. I had last week playing golf actually a Romeo Y Julieta #2 Tubo's Habano.

What's in the bag?
2 Iron, 3 Iron, 4 Iron, 5 Iron, 6 Iron, 7 Iron, 8 Iron, 9 Iron, PW, GW, 3 Wood, 5 Wood, Putter
Titleist Irons, Callaway Woods and a Jack Nicklaus putter. Cigars and a case of Stella.

Puffed a San Lotano "The Bull" a couple days ago. Not as good as the maduro I think...

What's in the bag?
2 Iron, 3 Iron, 4 Iron, 5 Iron, 6 Iron, 7 Iron, 8 Iron, 9 Iron, PW, GW, 3 Wood, 5 Wood, Putter
Titleist Irons, Callaway Woods and a Jack Nicklaus putter. Cigars and a case of Stella.

I don't know if I have a Cigar of choice, but I had a Montecristo Platinum series the other day which was very nice.

and I have been smoking my box of Romeo y Julieta Edicion Limitada

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

A great place to purchase cigars is online at cigarsinternational.com.  A fantastic every day stick, or one for the golf course is the Gran Habano Vintage 2002.  At $50 for a bundle or 2.50 a stick it is hard to beat.  La Perla Habana Black Pearl is also a good golf course smoke.  I like to keep my nicer cigars for when I can really pay attention to them.

When I have time with a scotch or cognac some of my favorites are:

Padron 1964 or 1926 maduro

Oliva Serie V Belicoso

Partagas Black (they usually need to take a nice 6 month nap, more is better in the humidor)

La Gloria Cubana Serie R (same, need to rest first)

Kristoff Ligero Maduro

Punch Gran Puro

Note that none of the above are cuban.  The Kristoff, Oliva Serie V and Padron 1964/26 are pretty much as good as any cubans I have smoked.  In all honesty, only a small population of smokers can really tell the difference between the top Nicaraguan and Dominican Tobaccos and Cuban Tobaccos.  The seeds all came from Cuba and the soil and climate conditions (especially in Esteli Nicaragua) are very similar.

Cuban Montecristo #2

Cuban Montecristo #4 or 5 for a good 30 to 40 min smoke (they need to rest for a while usually)

Cuban Partagas Serie D

I smoke about 2 cigars a week on the weekends, maybe 3 if I decide to have one on the golf course.

I only smoke cigars a couple times a month, but my choice is the Acid Kuba-Kuba.  I'm not a fan of the strong cigars and I enjoy the sweetness of the wrapper. 

A great place to purchase cigars is online at cigarsinternational.com.  A fantastic every day stick, or one for the golf course is the Gran Habano Vintage 2002.  At $50 for a bundle or 2.50 a stick it is hard to beat.  La Perla Habana Black Pearl is also a good golf course smoke.  I like to keep my nicer cigars for when I can really pay attention to them.

When I have time with a scotch or cognac some of my favorites are:

Padron 1964 or 1926 maduro

Oliva Serie V Belicoso

Partagas Black (they usually need to take a nice 6 month nap, more is better in the humidor)

La Gloria Cubana Serie R (same, need to rest first)

Kristoff Ligero Maduro

Punch Gran Puro

Note that none of the above are cuban.  The Kristoff, Oliva Serie V and Padron 1964/26 are pretty much as good as any cubans I have smoked.  In all honesty, only a small population of smokers can really tell the difference between the top Nicaraguan and Dominican Tobaccos and Cuban Tobaccos.  The seeds all came from Cuba and the soil and climate conditions (especially in Esteli Nicaragua) are very similar.

Cuban Montecristo #2

Cuban Montecristo #4 or 5 for a good 30 to 40 min smoke (they need to rest for a while usually)

Cuban Partagas Serie D

I smoke about 2 cigars a week on the weekends, maybe 3 if I decide to have one on the golf course.

Another great place is Thompson Cigar company.  Since you live in Tampa, you can actually order them online and pick them up at the warehouse.  Their physical location is just a mile or 2 north of the airport.

Edited by djfajt71

DJ

Follow me at Game Golf Profile: http://www.gamegolf.com/player/djfajt71 

I only smoke cigars a couple times a month, but my choice is the Acid Kuba-Kuba.  I'm not a fan of the strong cigars and I enjoy the sweetness of the wrapper. 

Another great place is Thompson Cigar company.  Since you live in Tampa, you can actually order them online and pick them up at the warehouse.  Their physical location is just a mile or 2 north of the airport.

I never knew that Thompson Cigar was out here, thanks for the tip.  I know Cuesta Rey has their building over here but not sure they still operate out of it.  I like CigarsInternatonal's deals a lot better, seem to have better pricing.  I don't mind an Acid cigar once in a great while.  I used to love the Acid Blondies when they first came out but a few years later it seemed like the quality of the tobacco declined that they were using.  Kuba-Kuba's are good too as well as the Nasty.  My wife would smoke one once in a blue moon if we were all together with family and sitting outside doing game night and drinking.

Edited by Gator Hazard
Horrible grasp of the english language and spelling

I never knew that Thompson Cigar was out here, thanks for the tip.  I know Cuesta Rey has their building over here but not sure they still operate out of it.  I like CigarsInternatonal's deals a lot better, seem to have better pricing.  I don't mind an Acid cigar once in a great while.  I used to love the Acid Blondies when they first came out but a few years later it seemed like the quality of the tobacco declined that they were using.  Kuba-Kuba's are good too as well as the Nasty.  My wife would smoke one once in a blue moon if we were all together with family and sitting outside doing game night and drinking.

Very cool about your wife!  Mine is the reason I only smoke a couple times a month.  She hates the taste and smell of any kind of smoke or smoking.  If she didn't mind it, I would smoke every time I golf.  But I try to limit it to the times she's out of town.  Now, if one of my partners insists I have one...I can't be rude! ;-) I just won't be getting any sugar when I get home! :-(

DJ

Very cool about your wife!  Mine is the reason I only smoke a couple times a month.  She hates the taste and smell of any kind of smoke or smoking.  If she didn't mind it, I would smoke every time I golf.  But I try to limit it to the times she's out of town.  Now, if one of my partners insists I have one...I can't be rude! ;-) I just won't be getting any sugar when I get home! :-(

She is a great wife, sure do love her.  She doesn't do it often (smoke a cigar) and actually has not smoked one in a few years.  She is against me smoking cigarettes, and I don't blame her at all, she did mention that she would not marry a smoker.  I used to smoke on occasion but have given that up as well, want to be around for my family.  Cigars she let's me get away with because I only smoke a few a week.  Typically I will smoke them on a Friday night outside and then I dunk myself in the pool and brush my teeth before coming to bed.  

Perhaps when I am a little better at this game I can twist your arm one day.  Will be in your neck of the woods on Sunday, playing Lansbrook.

Might get out of work early today and grab my daughter get some golf in on a Friday afternoon.  Had to restock the humidor and hopefully my shipment arrives today but won't smoke if I have my daughter with me, that would be wrong.  

I got lucky and was given a chance to buy three boxes of real Montecristo #2 s a while back. Been enjoying them once a week or couple of weeks with a good glass of Bookers or Knob Creek single barrel. Those are some good smokes. 

I think this thread is more appropriate to be in The Grill Room.    

(Too many cigar butts around green at my course along with sunflower seed covers, cigarette butts, ....   No Cigar choice for me.  )

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

She is a great wife, sure do love her.  She doesn't do it often (smoke a cigar) and actually has not smoked one in a few years.  She is against me smoking cigarettes, and I don't blame her at all, she did mention that she would not marry a smoker.  I used to smoke on occasion but have given that up as well, want to be around for my family.  Cigars she let's me get away with because I only smoke a few a week.  Typically I will smoke them on a Friday night outside and then I dunk myself in the pool and brush my teeth before coming to bed.  

Perhaps when I am a little better at this game I can twist your arm one day.  Will be in your neck of the woods on Sunday, playing Lansbrook.

Sounds good, I look forward to it!  You don't have to be good to play with me, I'm nowhere near good and have plenty of patience.  As long as you're not someone who freaks out at every bad shot, we'll get along great!  How did you do at Lansbrook?  I just played it Saturday, in a tournament and shot a 99.  It was my 1st time there and I didn't know how narrow it was.  It was like driving your ball through a chute!

DJ

Sounds good, I look forward to it!  You don't have to be good to play with me, I'm nowhere near good and have plenty of patience.  As long as you're not someone who freaks out at every bad shot, we'll get along great!  How did you do at Lansbrook?  I just played it Saturday, in a tournament and shot a 99.  It was my 1st time there and I didn't know how narrow it was.  It was like driving your ball through a chute!

Definitely will have to do, yesterday was crazy.  We had a 2PM tee time and as we were driving over we were laughing because it appeared it was going to be an exercise in futility.  We arrived at1245 so we could warm up with some buckets of balls and it was pouring pretty good so we went across the street to The Varsity Club and got some wings and a burger to wait it out.  It did stop, and we knew it would be doing that all day but we wanted to play so we went out.  The whole day was like that, it would rain like hell, then clear up, then rain like hell, then clear up but so long as there is no lightning we play. 

It was a really wet course yesterday and on the back nine even some of the tee boxes were soaked.  Two of them we played at a different area than where the markers were only because you would be teeing off out of puddles.  I don't freak out on my bad shots, I can get disappointed in one, and occasionally I may curse but in general I am out there to have fun.  There are far better people on here who have said they are just not good enough to get upset about it, so how could I?  We saw a guy throw his club yesterday.  A younger version of me could have been that guy, so probably best I didn't start playing until now, I guess getting older can have some benefits.

I have so far to go before I will even say that I play golf, but yesterday was a HUGE step in the right direction.  I have kept what I think is as close to an accurate score as I can and in general that score has been around 130ish for the past 4 rounds.  Yesterday I scored a 115.  If I could take back the first three holes and two more blow up holes, one where I needed to tee off three times, I would be close to a hundred.  I never thought that I would have a chance at breaking a 100 in my first year of golf because I just am not going to be able to play enough, but after my first lesson Saturday and my game yesterday, I am wondering if it is possible.  I have two more lessons with this instructor, so let me get those under my belt and get some rounds in in between and then maybe I will be ready.  

Note: This thread is 2543 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!