IGNORED

Practice and Time Off

Paiste
Note: This thread is 3689 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I was wondering about how much practice is good practice and when it is too much. I've been practicing, with lessons in between almost everyday for the entire winter. I've decided to start taking weekends off and then starting up again on Mondays. I figure that the time off won't hurt my game and it will actually make want to practice even more come Monday.

This practice and lessons has improved my game to the point where I had only one real mishit today out of 2 buckets of balls. Normally I have a handful of mishits, mostly thin but today was an exception. I really excited about my improvements but I figure that a couple days off during the week will be good for my game. How much do you guys practice when you are trying to improve and what do you think about time off?

I was wondering about how much practice is good practice and when it is too much. I've been practicing, with lessons in between almost everyday for the entire winter. I've decided to start taking weekends off and then starting up again on Mondays. I figure that the time off won't hurt my game and it will actually make want to practice even more come Monday.

This practice and lessons has improved my game to the point where I had only one real mishit today out of 2 buckets of balls. Normally I have a handful of mishits, mostly thin but today was an exception. I really excited about my improvements but I figure that a couple days off during the week will be good for my game. How much do you guys practice when you are trying to improve and what do you think about time off?

Good question. I was just thinking about a good program of practice and time off. Also, what to do on the time off to still burn calories and add flexibility. Adding exercises like yoga and pilates. So, I have been working on a schedule that keeps me fit and optimal for golf.

Any input will be great.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

... This practice and lessons has improved my game to the point where I had only one real mishit today out of 2 buckets of balls ....

If your course has opened up, take your practice out onto the actual holes. Can you drop a ball on a slightly uphill or sidehill lie, or first cut of rough, and hit a good shot? The next step in your practice is to play a few holes before the course gets overrun by golfers, and try some "action" shots.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

If your course has opened up, take your practice out onto the actual holes. Can you drop a ball on a slightly uphill or sidehill lie, or first cut of rough, and hit a good shot? The next step in your practice is to play a few holes before the course gets overrun by golfers, and try some "action" shots.

Courses in my region won't be open until April 1st, depending on weather of course. I'm really good at making solid contact now so the next steps are accuracy, distance control and like you said, shots from various lies. My short game is strong but my putting needs a little work too. My game has improved by leaps and bounds but there's still much to learn.

Note: This thread is 3689 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!