IGNORED

My Swing (TheBear)

TheBear
Note: This thread is 3676 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: 1 year] My current handicap index or average score is: high 80's, low 90's My typical ball flight is: fade The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: slice Hey guys, I'm new here, this is my first post. I'm hoping to get some feedback on why I come over the top, I can't figure it out. It's really annoying to have a fade and then get a huge banana slice every other hole. What am I doing wrong? [rule] Videos: [VIDEO]http://youtu.be/GpLcPyHF4F4[/VIDEO]

• Administrator

Gotta run for the day, but I wanted to post this link as it should be helpful: .

Also:

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Welcome to the site!  Nice swing overall.  Work on the posture like Erik is saying.  Was the driver swing you are showing a slice or a fade? There is loads of good stuff here to participate in.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

To me, I feel like my arms look constricted on the back swing, and maybe my hips/shoulders spin out too much.

Well, your hips are constricted.  You have virtually no hip turn going back and thus you cannot get your hands deep enough to come from the inside more.  All that you can do is throw the hands out and away from your body with your position at the top and then you cut across the ball.

I can't see the face on Driver, but you probably need to look at this:

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

Also check this out:

Nate

[/quote][QUOTE][/QUOTE][quote name="cipher" url="/t/73271/my-swing-thebear#post_964316"]No, your hips are constricted.  You have virtually no hip turn going back and thus you cannot get your hands deep enough to come from the inside more.  All that you can do is throw the hands out and away from your body with your position at the top and then you cut across the ball. [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/94205/] [/URL] I can't see the face on Driver, but you probably need to look at this: [/quote] Wow, I never even considered that. So according to that, if I flare my right foot a little more, and as a result get more hip turn, I should find it easier to drop my hands to the inside?

Wow, I never even considered that. So according to that, if I flare my right foot a little more, and as a result get more hip turn, I should find it easier to drop my hands to the inside?

It will help with a lot of things, but yeah it will make it easier to come from the inside a bit.  Make sure you watch both the video I embedded and the first video in the "myth" thread.

Nate

Would having a slightly closed stance be so bad? I don't come over the top too bad, and it really helps my ball striking.

You already do have one, but no it is not so bad as long as the pull is not so bad.

Nate

You already do have one, but no it is not so bad as long as the pull is not so bad.

Alright, I'll go out tomorrow and hit some drives a bit more closed, I'll post a video so you guys can give your opinion if I'm pulling it too hard.

Alright, I'll go out tomorrow and hit some drives a bit more closed, I'll post a video so you guys can give your opinion if I'm pulling it too hard.

I would not do that. You are already a bit closed from what I can tell. Don't worry about that right now, just work on those hips, watch that video a few times. Good luck, work on it a bunch and post again with some video. I will come back and help you when you start posting elsewhere one the site as well, happy to have you here. ;)

• Upvote 1

Nate

Thanks a lot, great to have someone nice to help out!

No problem!

Nate

Hey, I've been working on my swing a looooooot lately. Been swinging a bit easier, and really concentrating on getting those hands inside, as well as trying not to spin my hips. Almost every shot is a baby draw or fade, with the occasional pull or push. Still getting used to the swing. Anyway, here's some three quarter effort swings from today: [VIDEO]http://youtu.be/KqUR2gnCbmo[/VIDEO] not my best swing of the day, but don't trust the camera, it didn't fade more than two feet. [VIDEO]http://youtu.be/2t1C7ZjOBps[/VIDEO] and here's a face on angle. Much better swing.

Note: This thread is 3676 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!