IGNORED

Tipping the Beer Cart girl

soup
Note: This thread is 3797 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

not to hijack this tread, but yes latin women, particularly of South America, are (at least in my eyes) in general more beautiful than others...

Originally Posted by The_Pharaoh

Yes, they are. Although Spanish men claim the best looking women in the world are Argentinian. I was in Buenos Aires for a week once and I can honestly say it is a very tough one to call.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have no problem with tipping and even over tipping when it is a service I request however some of these golf courses are out of control. Valet, kid that takes your clubs from trunk to bag rack, another kid that loads your bag on a cart, starter, and then the kid with a muddy rag that wants to "clean" your clubs! Then there are kids to tip in reverse order when your round is finished. They even want to shuttle you to your vehicle if you didn't use their valet service. Of course another tip is expected. This is all on top of folks I normally tip, beverage cart girl, waiter/waitress and bartender.

How much do they expect you to pay for a simple round of golf? These courses are already plenty expensive.

I can, and do, park my own car, get my clubs out, walk to the proshop, load my own bag and my clubs are already clean!

And It wouldn't bother me so much except for the fact that these people constantly hover like vultures and will not leave you in peace. Some courses will not even let you take the cart to your car to load up, it's like they're trying to force you into using the services.

Wait, I forgot another one that expects a tip, the kid you get the range balls from.

Unbelievable.

David

These kids are in a no win situation.  If they don't come up and ask to assist you, people complain the kids just stand around and don't help anyone.  If they do try to assist you people call them vultures.

Originally Posted by dmnoland

I have no problem with tipping and even over tipping when it is a service I request however some of these golf courses are out of control. Valet, kid that takes your clubs from trunk to bag rack, another kid that loads your bag on a cart, starter, and then the kid with a muddy rag that wants to "clean" your clubs! Then there are kids to tip in reverse order when your round is finished. They even want to shuttle you to your vehicle if you didn't use their valet service. Of course another tip is expected. This is all on top of folks I normally tip, beverage cart girl, waiter/waitress and bartender.

How much do they expect you to pay for a simple round of golf? These courses are already plenty expensive.

I can, and do, park my own car, get my clubs out, walk to the proshop, load my own bag and my clubs are already clean!

And It wouldn't bother me so much except for the fact that these people constantly hover like vultures and will not leave you in peace. Some courses will not even let you take the cart to your car to load up, it's like they're trying to force you into using the services.

Wait, I forgot another one that expects a tip, the kid you get the range balls from.

Unbelievable.

Joe Paradiso

Is it really that hard to ask for help if you want/need it?

These guys really need to get a clue. I don't mind being asked once but they don't seem to understand no thanks, I'm fine, already taken care of, we're good, etc.

I do understand, however, the beverage cart gals coming back around since you are constantly working up a sweat.

I know my whole rant went further than just the beer cart but this subject really irritates me. I've got a couple of rounds at resort courses coming up in the next month and as I called them, vultures, suck a lot of the fun out for me. I just want to play golf and not be hassled.

David

Originally Posted by dmnoland

Unbelievable.

You play in a very different environment than I do.  I schlep my own clubs, clean my own clubs, etc., and nobody offers to do it for me at any of the courses I play.  Even at courses where there is a bag drop, it's just a rack where you leave your clubs while you park the car, then walk back and pick them up and take them around to the cart.  I've played exactly one course in the last 3 years which offered any sort of club service like you refer to (it was also the most expensive course I played, and laying out 3 or 4 dollars in tips to those kids is a drop in the bucket). And I don't have an issue with giving a buck each to a couple of kids who are at least trying to learn what it's like to earn their own way.  Beats the hell out watching the typical teen strolling the mall spending Daddy's money instead of going out and earning his/her own.

• Upvote 2

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

• 6 months later...
Originally Posted by Bridget Hartman

Cart girls do not make minimum wage. They are servers on wheels. If you don't want to tip, don't buy anything.

Got that right.  They may make a minimal wage, but it isn't even minimum wage.  Like a server in a restaurant, most of what they make comes from tips.  The income from that $5.00 beer goes to the course, not to girl who delivers it to you.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

It amazes me that we're STILL debating whether or not you should tip the cart girl.  It shouldnt even be a discussion.  Tip her.  She deserves it and depends on it to make her money.  End of discussion.

• Upvote 1

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

I tip with a smile.

What's In My  Stand Bag

Driver:  FT-iZ 9*

Hybrids: C3 3,4,5

Irons: C3 6-GW

Wedges: C3 58*/8 and 54*/12

Putter:  blade

Ball: Gamer V2

http://cdn.thesandtrap.com/0/0d/150x50px-LL-0d81d772_tst_award_kickstarter_otm.png

Originally Posted by Goonsidious

I tip with a smile.

She would probably prefer money.  Hard to spend a smile.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Beer cart girls depend on the drunks for tips........

We've all seen this group:

That group that buys 8 beers at a time and need her to return every third hole for more....................

My regular group is not one of those.........LOL

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Originally Posted by turtleback

She would probably prefer money.  Hard to spend a smile.

Not a fan of fake people. So I don't really try to encourage it. Plus I think cart girls are a joke, for the most part. Depending on how they carry themselves and act.

I don't need that sort of interaction.

What's In My  Stand Bag

http://cdn.thesandtrap.com/0/0d/150x50px-LL-0d81d772_tst_award_kickstarter_otm.png

I think it's a job and probably a tough job at that. Not because you need a Ph.D to sling beer and soda but because it doesn't pay much and I doubt many people do it for the fun of it. It's likely a second job for most. We had an off season school teacher this summer. She was out there because she needed some extra $$ over the summer and couldn't commit to something requiring more hours. With tips she made a decent go of it. I know because we became friendly. I treat them the way I do any service worker as long as they provide acceptable service , with respect.

Dave :-)

Originally Posted by Goonsidious

Not a fan of fake people. So I don't really try to encourage it.  Plus I think cart girls are a joke, for the most part. Depending on how they carry themselves and act.

I don't need that sort of interaction.

If you don't want to encourage them by tipping them, then don't use their services.  If you aren't, then by all means, it isn't something you have to worry about.  But if you are using their services and aren't tipping, you're just being a prick.

Jeff

Originally Posted by GaijinGolfer

It amazes me that we're STILL debating whether or not you should tip the cart girl.  It shouldnt even be a discussion.  Tip her.  She deserves it and depends on it to make her money.  End of discussion.

THIS!  people that don't tip are cheap a**holes

• Upvote 1

In my Grom Stand bag:

Driver: Ping G20, 8.5 Tour Stiff
Wood/Hybrid: G20 3W, Raylor 19*, 22*
Irons: R9 5I - SW, TM CGB LW

Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi-Mid

Favorites: Old Ranch (Seal Beach), Ike/Babe (Industry Hills), Skylinks (Long Beach), Desert Willow (Palm Desert)

If you don't want to encourage them by tipping them, then don't use their services.  If you aren't, then by all means, it isn't something you have to worry about.  But if you are using their services and aren't tipping, you're just being a prick.

Yeah I bring my own goods.

What's In My  Stand Bag

I drink water when I play and carry a water bottle that I refill at the coolers.  If anything, the beer-cart girls annoy me because they are usually clueless on where and when to park.  They always drive from green to tee and park right where they shouldn't.............  I'll sometimes wave them up to just get them off the hole.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Note: This thread is 3797 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!