IGNORED

Tipping the Beer Cart girl

soup
Note: This thread is 3775 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Goonsidious

Not a fan of fake people. So I don't really try to encourage it.  Plus I think cart girls are a joke, for the most part. Depending on how they carry themselves and act.

I don't need that sort of interaction.

Willing to bet the feeling is mutual.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by dak4n6

I don't give the cart girl a tip, I give her the whole thing!  Ba-da-bomp.

Of course you tip the cart girl, and tip her well. This thread is silly

Obviously not for a few cheapskates.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

Willing to bet the feeling is mutual.

Because I don't buy a drink from them? Not sure I understand the attempted jab.

What's In My  Stand Bag

Driver:  FT-iZ 9*

Hybrids: C3 3,4,5

Irons: C3 6-GW

Wedges: C3 58*/8 and 54*/12

Putter:  blade

Ball: Gamer V2

http://cdn.thesandtrap.com/0/0d/150x50px-LL-0d81d772_tst_award_kickstarter_otm.png

Because I don't buy a drink from them? Not sure I understand the attempted jab.

No, because you're smug and self-righteous about it, and seem to think a young girl working in a service job is beneath you.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Originally Posted by k-troop

No, because you're smug and self-righteous about it, and seem to think a young girl working in a service job is beneath you.

Think you're reaching for that one. Never once said anything close to that.

What's In My  Stand Bag

http://cdn.thesandtrap.com/0/0d/150x50px-LL-0d81d772_tst_award_kickstarter_otm.png

Quote:

Originally Posted by k-troop

We can read between the lines.  Your supercilious attitude just shouts it out.

Rick

Do you also think I laugh and am smug with waiters and waitresses?

I don't mind them being cart girls, or cart girls being an actual position. Just think the fake personality and sometimes revealing clothes to try and influence myself or others is ridiculous.

But all of you can enjoy!

What's In My  Stand Bag

I suppose it depends on the person. Personally I haven't encountered any under-dressed cart girls a-la Hooters. Nor have I had any be overtly flirtatious. In almost every instance I am old enough to be their father. The exchange is purely offering something on the cart and nothing more where I play.

Dave :-)

Originally Posted by BuckeyeNut

Beer cart girls depend on the drunks for tips........

We've all seen this group:

That group that buys 8 beers at a time and need her to return every third hole for more....................

My regular group is not one of those.........LOL

Do you also think I laugh and am smug with waiters and waitresses?

I don't mind them being cart girls, or cart girls being an actual position. Just think the fake personality and sometimes revealing clothes to try and influence myself or others is ridiculous.

But all of you can enjoy!

.Really?  The ones I'm familiar with are often high school or college girls (Hell, I've even seen cart guys) just trying to make a little money during the summer.  I've even known at least one cart attendant who was nearly 70 years old.  I don't recall just what she usually wore, but I know that it wasn't short shorts and a halter.

The fact that they are maybe wearing a t-shirt and shorts just might be due to the fact that the job usually comes with warm summer weather.  And having a good personality is also part of being successful in the service industry.  I won't deny that having a nice personality is more likely to earn a tip than being grumpy and surly, but I also can't understand how you would see that as an undesirable attribute for a person in that position.

Rick

Originally Posted by Dave2512

I think it's a job and probably a tough job at that. Not because you need a Ph.D to sling beer and soda but because it doesn't pay much and I doubt many people do it for the fun of it. It's likely a second job for most. We had an off season school teacher this summer. She was out there because she needed some extra $$ over the summer and couldn't commit to something requiring more hours. With tips she made a decent go of it. I know because we became friendly. I treat them the way I do any service worker as long as they provide acceptable service , with respect.

Really?  The beer cart girl where I played last weekend was about 30 and was the only post-college age beer cart girl I've seen in at least a dozen years.  In the distant past, I've worked as a server at a restaurant and that actually was pretty physically difficult work - I had more back aches as a waiter than I did in other summer jobs working construction lifting 5-10x as heavy of weights.  But driving a beer cart?  No way that's tough.  I've often thought that if I was a cute college girl who liked golf, being a beer cart girl would be the ultimate summer job.  You get to drive carts around all day and even though it's routine, a golf cart is still pretty fun.  You get to work on a killer tan while getting paid for it, and if you have a pleasant personality, I imagine that tips are pretty decent, probably $10-$20/hr.  Plus I imagine that, like most golf course employees, they get to play for free.  Sure you'd have to deal with drunks (and some sober guys) hitting on you, but that's the case at any restaurant or bar, plus you wouldn't likely end up with regular groups of 12-18 church ladies coming in, all requesting custom orders with separate checks and most tipping with phony dollar bills with psalms printed on the back in lieu of actual cash or else tipping you a quarter (happened to me several times in my waiter days).

In my bag: - Ping G20 driver, 10.5 deg. S flex - Ping G20 3W, 15 deg., S flex - Nickent 4dx 3H, 4H - Nike Slingshot 4-PW - Adams Tom Watson 52 deg. GW - Vokey 58 deg. SW -Ping Half Wack-E putter

In my bag: - Ping G20 driver, 10.5 deg. S flex - Ping G20 3W, 15 deg., S flex - Nickent 4dx 3H, 4H - Nike Slingshot 4-PW - Adams Tom Watson 52 deg. GW - Vokey 58 deg. SW -Ping Half Wack-E putter

Not quite a reach, you labeled them all fake, and a joke ("for the most part").

Not a fan of fake people. So I don't really try to encourage it.  Plus I think cart girls are a joke, for the most part. Depending on how they carry themselves and act.

I don't need that sort of interaction.

Joe Paradiso

Originally Posted by Wisguy

Really?  The beer cart girl where I played last weekend was about 30 and was the only post-college age beer cart girl I've seen in at least a dozen years.  In the distant past, I've worked as a server at a restaurant and that actually was pretty physically difficult work - I had more back aches as a waiter than I did in other summer jobs working construction lifting 5-10x as heavy of weights.  But driving a beer cart?  No way that's tough.  I've often thought that if I was a cute college girl who liked golf, being a beer cart girl would be the ultimate summer job.  You get to drive carts around all day and even though it's routine, a golf cart is still pretty fun.  You get to work on a killer tan while getting paid for it, and if you have a pleasant personality, I imagine that tips are pretty decent, probably $10-$20/hr.  Plus I imagine that, like most golf course employees, they get to play for free.  Sure you'd have to deal with drunks (and some sober guys) hitting on you, but that's the case at any restaurant or bar, plus you wouldn't likely end up with regular groups of 12-18 church ladies coming in, all requesting custom orders with separate checks and most tipping with phony dollar bills with psalms printed on the back in lieu of actual cash or else tipping you a quarter (happened to me several times in my waiter days).

I don't think it's phsically demanding as much that it's a low wage job without much gratification. I suppose everyone is different but I'd feel debased if I had to do that and I had the slightest idea of what the vast majority of the men really thought of me. I recently was paired up with a 3some of guys at least 20 yrs older than me that said some real nasty stuff about a cart girl that couldn't have been a day over 21. These guys were old enough to be her grandfather and had no problem speaking of how they would treat her in bed with a stranger there. I get the boys club mentality of golf but these guys were pigs. This is my first season to golf in a while but I witnessed a lot of that on the course this year.

I didn't mean to imply that beverage cart attendant is any more difficult than any other similar service job, pretty sure I didn't. I don't think any of those jobs are easy and that's why I treat people in that industry with respect. Somebody has to do it. As a single guy I rely on their service a lot.

Dave :-)

Originally Posted by cooke119

I always tip the cart girl, how much can she be making anyway and look at all the a-holes she has to put up with.

I know.. all those guys trying to flirt with her and get a little more than a beverage. Disgusting. She might boost your ego a little, but that's about it.

What's In My  Stand Bag

I know.. all those guys trying to flirt with her and get a little more than a beverage. Disgusting. She might boost your ego a little, but that's about it.

You mean guys like you?  Who "tip them with a smile" but never fork over any cash?

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Note: This thread is 3775 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!