IGNORED

Deep Face 5 Wood

Note: This thread is 3656 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Looking for a deep (tall) faced 5 wood for a few holes on my course where 3 iron isn't enough, and driver is too much. I have a burner (07 I think) 3 wood already, but it's a bit too long when it's warm, and I'd link something taller. This will be used from the tee primarily, so I'm not concerned how it works off the fairway.

I'd prefer something from a season or two ago for the discounts.

Thanks!

Have you considered checking something out from Taylormade? You're already hitting a 3 wood... why not jump forward to a Burner 2.0 series? Or possibly even a Rocketballz wood?

I went looking for a Rocketballz driver and wound up hitting that driver, TM RBZ 3 wood, TM RBZ Stage 2 3 wood, TM RBZ 4 wood, and TM RBZ 7 wood. I was surprised that I knocked the 3 and 4 woods almost the exact distance and the 7 wood followed closely thereafter.

You might want to consider looking for something like a 7 wood... unless you think the face might be a little too steep for the launch angle.

Not meaning to ignore your question though, I'd hit a local pro shop or Golfsmith or other similar store close to you and check out the used club section. You should be able to pick up something that suits your needs, hasn't been hit too hard or often, and not pay full price.

Chris

I don't play golf, I play at golf. There's a difference.

TM RBZ driver, RBZ Stage 2 Tour 3 wood, RBZ 7 wood, TM Burner 2.0 4-AW, Cleveland CG16 Black Pearl 56* sand wedge, Yes! Golf Valerie putter, Snake Eyes golf balls, TM stand bag

http://www.globalgolf.com/golf-clubs/1019756-taylormade-burner-superfast-20-fairway-wood/used/

It doesn't seem to match "high face" but the old TM Burner 2.0 drivers and fairways are awesome.  I have the 4W and love it.  Price point is good too.

Note: This thread is 3656 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!