IGNORED

2014 Masters Discussion Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 3652 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have a feeling that we're going to see more of Kuchar this weekend. He's a couple under today and only three back of the lead (probably 4 or 5 back at the end of the day). I find with the Masters we often see somebody sneak up on the lead come the weekend. I'm hoping it's Kuchar this time.

Agreed. I think by Sunday there will be a bunch that still have a shot.  The hard first day helped.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
Louis goes from T1 to T11 after that joke green 15.......crap

Disagree that it's a joke green. He got out of position and played some poor shots from there. Others have gotten up and down, or at least down in three from where he was.

It's not like 18 at Olympic the year they baked that green, or even Winged Foot when Goosen won.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Can someone explain what happened?

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

• Administrator

Can someone explain what happened?

To Louis?

He was over the green, chipped across and into the water (way too much speed, little spin). HE dropped on the other side and flew the green again, and then chipped on and left it way short, then left his first putt well short, and so three-putted.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

To Louis?

He was over the green, chipped across and into the water (way too much speed, little spin). HE dropped on the other side and flew the green again, and then chipped on and left it way short, then left his first putt well short, and so three-putted.

Wow. Pure disaster

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Bubba's drive on 13 was insane!

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Yeah looked like a good wedge... :beer:

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

Anyone else see the ball land on 12 tee when grace was teeing off?

GIF is too big to post:

http://media.giphy.com/media/1guRIRRyudXbiikrKpi/giphy.gif

"If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf."

Right now, this number is +3. And this one includes 78 players at +6 or better. Based on the scores so far this morning (pretty good) I'd put my money on the leader at the end of today being -6 or -7, so the two numbers are probably going to be close to lining up right around +3 or +4.

I think I've heard things are firming up and getting windy and some speculated scores may get significantly worse. We will see!

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Holy Shit. Did Brandel read the "good golf posture" thread? He actual said 2-3 things that I agree with. Mind = Blown

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Louis goes from T1 to T11 after that joke green 15.......crap

Joke greens and a weak field. Remind us why are are watching again.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Holy Shit. Did Brandel read the "good golf posture" thread? He actual said 2-3 things that I agree with. Mind = Blown

It's a miracle!

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Yeah looked like a good wedge...:beer:

Gonna get a good eagle try out of it too.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

My computer isn't the best or the fastest, and jumps and skips and gets clear and then fuzzy.  All I was able to see was that it looked like it started high and left and he wasn't too pleased with it.  Then it appeared to end up way long and left, but so long that he was past all of the trees!  Big high hook, I guess??

And great second shot, now has a pretty reasonable putt for eagle.

Also great birdie on 12, and barely left his birdie putt on 11 a bit short.

Bubba is dialed in.

Crap, Erik sniffed us out of the old chat room hehe :-D

Let's see, I got my stream on the Bubba group at the moment. I got my very unhealthy lunch laid out before me in all its glory. Life could be a lot worse right now, I think.

Oh yea, as the day 1 leader in the Masters contest, and thus, unlikely to win the event (Brandel Chambell led after one round too), I did some quick digging and here is the list of all the past Contest winners at theSandTrap:

2012 Masters -- @VforVendetta , runner-up: @darkstar76

2012 PLAYERS -- @Matthew Brett

2012 US Open -- @Aquaguru

2012 British -- @realed

2012 PGA -- @Yukari

2013 Masters -- @MEfree

2013 US Open -- @Shaggie13 , runner-up: @cabelly

2013 British -- @dtambo , runner-up: @Mulligan Jeff

2013 PGA -- @DCrotty22 runner-up: @Aquaguru

No one's ever finished first twice, but @Aquaguru has a 1st and 2nd place finish.

Come on, Bill Haas, don't shoot 78 today!

• Upvote 1

Constantine

I am just watch Amen corner.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Note: This thread is 3652 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!