IGNORED

2014 Masters Discussion Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 3655 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

What maniac paired Luke Donald with Bubba Watson? I know Luke's got a strong enough mind to not let the gap get to him, but... wow. [quote name="Kieran123" url="/t/73499/2014-masters-discussion-thread/486#post_975228"] Not a fan of Steve Williams. [/quote] Me neither, especially post-parting. Just putting it out there. [quote name="Ernest Jones" url="/t/73499/2014-masters-discussion-thread/504#post_975288"]Holy Shit. Did Brandel read the "good golf posture" thread? He actual said 2-3 things that I agree with. Mind = Blown[/quote] Something something broken clock.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'd like to make a suggestion to the Augusta people:

Quickly write into your tournament by-laws a contingency tradition; if the son of a former winner wins the tournament, his dad gets to present the green jacket in place of the previous years winner.  I don't think anybody would mind.

Just sayin ...

• Upvote 2

Crap, Erik sniffed us out of the old chat room hehe

Let's see, I got my stream on the Bubba group at the moment. I got my very unhealthy lunch laid out before me in all its glory. Life could be a lot worse right now, I think.

Oh yea, as the day 1 leader in the Masters contest, and thus, unlikely to win the event (Brandel Chambell led after one round too), I did some quick digging and here is the list of all the past Contest winners at theSandTrap:

2012 Masters -- @VforVendetta, runner-up: @darkstar76

2012 PLAYERS -- @Matthew Brett

2012 US Open -- @Aquaguru

2012 British -- @realed

2012 PGA -- @Yukari

2013 Masters -- @MEfree

2013 US Open -- @Shaggie13, runner-up: @cabelly

2013 British -- @dtambo, runner-up: @Mulligan Jeff

2013 PGA -- @DCrotty22 runner-up: @Aquaguru

No one's ever repeated, but @Aquaguru has a 1st and 2nd place finish.

Come on, Bill Haas, don't shoot 78 today!

As past winners, are they automatically invited back to play every year? :-O That will make some forum members bum out.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Anyone else see the ball land on 12 tee when grace was teeing off?

GIF is too big to post:

http://media.giphy.com/media/1guRIRRyudXbiikrKpi/giphy.gif

That was close!

Will W

Bjorn shot a 68 ... -3 T3 with 5 others at the moment.  Best score of the day so far.

Lucas Glover shot a 69, Streelman a 70.

Also, Branden Grace followed up his 84!!!!!!!! from yesterday with a 69 today!!  Still missing the cut by a mile, but still a good way to finish!

EDIT:  And Leishman still in freefall!!  +8 over his last nine holes!!

My computer isn't the best or the fastest, and jumps and skips and gets clear and then fuzzy.  All I was able to see was that it looked like it started high and left and he wasn't too pleased with it.  Then it appeared to end up way long and left, but so long that he was past all of the trees!  Big high hook, I guess?? And great second shot, now has a pretty reasonable putt for eagle. Also great birdie on 12, and barely left his birdie putt on 11 a bit short. Bubba is dialed in.

From what I gleaned, it started left, drew over the trees, and then carried over the fairway and into the right rough, past the trees and pine straw. Pretty crazy.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

From what I gleaned, it started left, drew over the trees, and then carried over the fairway and into the right rough, past the trees and pine straw. Pretty crazy.

From a righty's perspective, Tigs hit one last year that was a massive cut, pretty much the same line as Moro- i mean Bubba's.

Colin P.

Gosh sergio's pitch was fantastic! He's had some cool short game shots on this back 9.

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

Nevermind, Bubba won that one....

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

if i was an announcer, i would refuse to refer to the fans as "patrons"...i wouldnt say "fans" but i'd use generic terms like "everyone" or "everybody" or "the people here".  so pretentious...

Colin P.

Guys, start rooting for Bubba, maybe that'll stop this run of his  He's feeding off this haterade.

Bubba golf mode is fully engaged right now

Tony  

:titleist:    |   :tmade:   |     :cleveland: 

if i was an announcer, i would refuse to refer to the fans as "patrons"...i wouldnt say "fans" but i'd use generic terms like "everyone" or "everyone" or "the people here".  so pretentious...

*confused by comments*

*looks at location*

*ahhh that makes sense*

Tony  

:titleist:    |   :tmade:   |     :cleveland: 

PGATour.com's leader board seems to be lagging. Yahoo is updating much faster.. which is rare.

I'm exclusive to masters.com right now.  Their leaderboard looks just like the wooden one on the 18th hole at the course.  Kinda cool.

Note: This thread is 3655 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!