IGNORED

2014 Masters Discussion Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 3659 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Guy is on fire

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Woodland. 30 on the front. Wow.

I hope someone was smart enough to pick him in the Cobra contest. [quote name="colin007" url="/t/73499/2014-masters-discussion-thread/720#post_975729"] They don't lay up, per se, but players [U]constantly[/U] bail out to the flat landing area short and right of the green. That second shot is scary, the angle the players are coming from makes the water very much in play.[/quote] Sure. One of the top players once said that if he's ever on 11 in regulation, it means he pulled his approach shot. Still, sending one's ball to a high percentage up and down is very different from laying up short of a water hazard.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Damn, I was hoping to not have to follow it today until after the leaders tee'd off, but now Woodland is forcing me into action early. Oh well, could be worse, I guess! :-D

And of course, as soon as I start watching, he chunks a putt fifteen feet short of the hole.

Bogey. First of the day.

Constantine

Just bogeyed 11 though.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Woodland is in featured group 2, in case anyone was wondering.

They're playing 11 and 15 at the same time, that's talent lol

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Aaaaaand he's in the water at 12.

OK, as soon as I start watching? Really Golfing Gods? Okay then.

Guess I can wait to watch until later.

Constantine

Look here, I really like Jordan Speith, I really hope he wins it.

But the announcers won't stop saying he's 20 years old. YES WE GET IT, HE's 20 YEARS OLD!

LOL it is getting pretty annoying...also, did you know Kevin Stadler is Craig Stadler's son?? ;)

LOL it is getting pretty annoying...also, did you know Kevin Stadler is Craig Stadler's son?? ;)

Did not, good to know. BTW how's Tiger playing?

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

That is an awesome secluded little 13th tee. No patrons allowed over there?

Never really noticed it before.

Constantine

Quote:

Originally Posted by BENtSwing32

Did not, good to know. BTW how's Tiger playing?

Haven't seen him tee off yet today so he must be in the final group.

Haven't seen him tee off yet today so he must be in the final group.

He's always in the final group in my heart...

Colin P.

That is an awesome secluded little 13th tee. No patrons allowed over there?

Never really noticed it before.

Actually now that I think about it more, this is kind of a genius design by the people in charge over there. You come off the intense exposure of 10, 11, and 12 where you're pretty much thrown in the fire, and you enter into the secluded, peaceful tee of 13, a short par 5 you know you can eagle with 3 good ones.

Psychologically it's a cool boost the venue gives them to help jump start runs. Obviously the actual hole layouts and pin locations ultimately are the reason runs tend to either start or continue thru this stretch, but this hidden little tee is kind of a cool respite for the players to wipe their brows after playing the toughest stretch of the course. Here they can take a breath and gear up for their final stretch run.

Constantine

That is an awesome secluded little 13th tee. No patrons allowed over there?  Never really noticed it before.  [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/96098/] [/URL]

I think that's just because it's set so far back. Plus it's literally right behind the 12th tee, blocked only by some trees, so there would be no where for them to go.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I think that's just because it's set so far back. Plus it's literally right behind the 12th tee, blocked only by some trees, so there would be no where for them to go.

Yea, I can see it now on Google Earth:

Again, it just confirms my previous observation. Whether this was by design or not, I love how the players are hidden away from the crowds for their tee shot on 13. It's an interesting contrast from the more exposed twelve and eleven.

Constantine

Yea, I can see it now on Google Earth: [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/96099/] [/URL] Again, it just confirms my previous observation. Whether this was by design or not, I love how the players are hidden away from the crowds for their tee shot on 13. It's an interesting contrast from the more exposed twelve and eleven.

If you're watching the amen corner feed you can frequently see the guys coming off the 13th tee from the camera behind the 12th tee. Also, @JetFan1983 , if you're nerdy enough like me to be on google earth, check out bluegolf.com (find courses at the bottom, search for AN, then click "tour"), it's basically google maps but with the hole layouts, distances, green depths, and a distance calculator.

Yea, I can see it now on Google Earth: [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/96099/] [/URL] Again, it just confirms my previous observation. Whether this was by design or not, I love how the players are hidden away from the crowds for their tee shot on 13. It's an interesting contrast from the more exposed twelve and eleven.

In fact, I believe ANGC had to purchase that patch of land from Augusta Country Club when the 13th was lengthened to 510 yards a decade ago.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

If you're watching the amen corner feed you can frequently see the guys coming off the 13th tee from the camera behind the 12th tee. Also, @JetFan1983 , if you're nerdy enough like me to be on google earth, check out bluegolf.com (find courses at the bottom, search for AN, then click "tour"), it's basically google maps but with the hole layouts, distances, green depths, and a distance calculator.

I was about to mention that someone posted about that, but it was you haha: [quote name="Golfingdad" url="/t/73499/2014-masters-discussion-thread/330_30#post_974741"]Anybody interested in giving themselves more perspective on the course and some of the shots/distances might want to check this out: [URL=http://course.bluegolf.com/bluegolf/course/course/augustanationalgc/aerial.htm]http://course.bluegolf.com/bluegolf/course/course/augustanationalgc/aerial.htm[/URL] [/quote] There's the direct link. You can really see how much the 13th tee juts into ACC.

In my bag:

If you're watching the amen corner feed you can frequently see the guys coming off the 13th tee from the camera behind the 12th tee.

Also, @JetFan1983, if you're nerdy enough like me to be on google earth, check out bluegolf.com (find courses at the bottom, search for AN, then click "tour"), it's basically google maps but with the hole layouts, distances, green depths, and a distance calculator.

Yea, I'm on the Amen Corner feed. I'll look out for it.

Cool site! Thanks for the heads up. Checking it out now.

In fact, I believe ANGC had to purchase that patch of land from Augusta Country Club when the 13th was lengthened to 510 yards a decade ago.

Ahhh, thanks. Yea, that makes sense as you can see a piece of fairway from the other course in the bottom of my Google Earth pic.

OK, so the secluded nature of 13 tee is more of a by-product of expansion, but I still like it. As a player, I think I would love it.

Constantine

Note: This thread is 3659 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!