IGNORED

2014 Masters Discussion Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 3661 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

No Tiger-Phil Missing the cut.   Where is the buzz and the excitement in the crowd?   WOW......this is boring.

You are not alone with that opinion: The ratings on thursday were down 30% (compared to last year), friday they were down 45%

http://blog.timesunion.com/sportsmedia/masters-ratings-continue-to-lag-behind-last-year/14722/

• Administrator

You are not alone with that opinion: The ratings on thursday were down 30% (compared to last year), friday they were down 45%

http://blog.timesunion.com/sportsmedia/masters-ratings-continue-to-lag-behind-last-year/14722/

Yep. Tiger remains the only needle-mover in the game.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

That's not really a thing anymore. Sometimes I wear a hat sitting at my computer writing code, emails, etc. Who wants to see his balding hat-haired dome?

Not for some people, but it is for me.

Colin P.

No Tiger-Phil Missing the cut.   Where is the buzz and the excitement in the crowd?   WOW......this is boring.

It's not exactly a birdie fest either. Tough to get excited for relative no-names making par.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

• Administrator

It's not exactly a birdie fest either. Tough to get excited for relative no-names making par.

I'm gonna cut out early and grab some dinner. Yawn. :)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I swear, if I had a drink each time CBS says Speith is 20 years old, I'd be drunker than I was on my 21st birthday.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

I'm gonna cut out early and grab some dinner. Yawn. :)

I'm this close to getting a head start on some yard work.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Spieth's in at -6. If you've been playing the Spieth/Nantz 20-Year-Old drinking game, you're dead.

In my bag:

Spieth's in at -6. If you've been playing the Spieth/Nantz 20-Year-Old drinking game, you're dead.

-5. ;-) Understandable if you've been playing. P.S. No drinking and driving on that lawn tractor.

I swear, if I had a drink each time CBS says Speith is 20 years old, I'd be drunker than I was on my 21st birthday.

And you'd be dead if you drank every time Ian Baker Finch says the word "spectacular".

Understandable if you've been playing.

P.S. No drinking and driving on that lawn tractor.

Wish Nantz was.

And oh boy, if Speith has the lead on his own, TGC will be simply unwatchable.  It will be interesting to see if Chamblee is off Adam Scott's pecker and on Speith's, though.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

I'm surprised I'm watching as much as I am without Tiger there but it's interesting enough to keep my attention. If Bubba can hang on the final group tomorrow could be a pretty decent watch. Since I jinxed Adam Scott today I'm not jinxing anybody tomorrow with a prediction. ;-)

They are TRYING HARD to build up Spieth.   He doesn't have Rory's talent.

I am not so sure about that.

He may win a few majors, but he is not spectacular.

Yep winning a few majors would definitely not be spectacular... :hmm:

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

A final pairing tomorrow of two guys who probably won't go out for a beer if they win.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Note: This thread is 3661 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!