IGNORED

2014 Masters Discussion Thread

iacas
Note:Β This thread is 3654 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

I'd love to see Adam Scott win again. Great player and a decent bloke. I don't think he can defend the title though, it's a VERY tough ask! Matt Kuchar for me, he has been in great form and surely now's the time to roll with it in the first major of the year. My money will be going on him!

One player I expect in the top 5 is Sergio Garcia. I'm sure he'll be all smiles out there knowing that Woods is out of the mix. His game suits Augusta too.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Jimenez not in Houston this week. Β Probably meandering around Georgia taking in the blooms and checking out the sand (traps) of Augusta. No doubt also gearing up the wine cellar in his rented house as he will needΒ gallons of the red stuff after he takes home the green jacket and well wishes of all his compatriots, and fellow wine-drinking golfers. Β I believe he will be the oldest ever to win the Master's and possiblyΒ the oldest ever major winner too. Β Miguel did Β not enter the Master's last year due to broken leg. But was recovered in time to win the Hong Kong Open in Dec 2013 so is well and fit today.

Wouldn't pick Dustin Johnson......he's busy thinking about other things....

Ya thats what I'm saying. He's so whipped on Paulina its not even funny. The marriage won't last either.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5*Β 

3WD: Β Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons: Β Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2 Β 52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

Sergio is looking good at Houston and will do well in Augusta too. Β He no longer has a gf, as she 'dumped' him after they won the Thailand Open in Dec . Β She was on hisΒ bag during that week so Sergio has nothing but golf on his mind these days...ha ha.

Sergio is looking good at Houston and will do well in Augusta too. Β He no longer has a gf, as she 'dumped' him after they won the Thailand Open in Dec . Β She was on hisΒ bag during that week so Sergio has nothing but golf on his mind these days...ha ha.

Sergio and his girlfriend are still together, she's just not his caddy anymore. Nonetheless, as I mentioned previously, I expect him to finish inside the top 5 at Augusta.

Right. Β I checked this out and it's 'my bad'. However, Sergio and I must have different opinions as to the meaning of the word 'dumped' when used in a romanticΒ relationship. I never thought the caddy couldΒ dumpΒ the pro.

Anyway, she's seems to Β be good for him, can play good golf and is easy on the eyes. Probably better educated than ole Serg, however.

Kind of interesting watching the Drive, Chip, Putt - thought it was contrived at first - we'll see how long this program lasts and what is produced out of it. Is it to improve the public perception of Augusta National - rich old white guy's society (after Martha Burk protesting)?Β  It does give everyone their first glimpses of Augusta National for the year.....a good thing.

• Administrator

Kind of interesting watching the Drive, Chip, Putt - thought it was contrived at first - we'll see how long this program lasts and what is produced out of it. Is it to improve the public perception of Augusta National - rich old white guy's society (after Martha Burk protesting)?Β  It does give everyone their first glimpses of Augusta National for the year.....a good thing.

Seriously Rick? Do you have to act like a douche about everything ?

I spent three hours watching it this morning with my wife, and my kiddo asked that we record it so I'm gonna watch it again later. CondoleezzaΒ Rice, Bubba Watson, Fred Couples, Zach Johnson, Mark O'Meara, Nick Faldo… several others were all out there cheering these KIDS on. They were getting to hit a putt on the 18th green at Augusta National on a Sunday in April that meant something - they might or might not win a national (international) tournament.

My kid's doing it next year, and it's great for the growth of the game.

Improve the public perception of Augusta National? And I thought I was cynical, cripes.

• Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Seriously Rick? Do you have to act like a douche aboutΒ everything?

I spent three hours watching it this morning with my wife, and my kiddo asked that we record it so I'm gonna watch it again later. CondoleezzaΒ Rice, Bubba Watson, Fred Couples, Zach Johnson, Mark O'Meara, Nick Faldo… several others were all out there cheering these KIDS on. They were getting to hit a putt on the 18th green at Augusta National on a Sunday in April that meant something - they might or might not win a national (international) tournament.

My kid's doing it next year, and it's great for the growth of the game.

Improve the public perception of Augusta National? And I thought I was cynical, cripes.

Out of all the incredibly douchey posts that LittleΒ Ricky has posted over the years, this is the one that pisses you off? This doesn't even registered on the scale of Ricky's douche potential, I mean, I suppose it's a 3 or 4 on the Rick Martin douche scale but seriously, that scale goes WAY, WAY, WAY PAST eleven.

Yours in earnest,Β Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks:Β :cleveland:Β 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5* Β :tmade:Β RBZ HL 3wΒ Β :nickent:Β 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H Β :callaway:Β X-22 5-AW Β :nike:SV tour 56* SWΒ :mizuno:Β MP-T11 60* LWΒ :bridgestone:Β customized TD-03 putterΒ :tmade:Penta TP3 Β Β :aimpoint:

• Administrator

Out of all the incredibly douchey posts that LittleΒ Ricky has posted over the years, this is the one that pisses you off? This doesn't even registered on the scale of Ricky's douche potential, I mean, I suppose it's a 3 or 4 on the Rick Martin douche scale but seriously, that scale goes WAY, WAY, WAY PAST eleven.

Yeah, because now he's practically picking on ****ing CHILDREN at this point.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

He's upped his game and is rounding into form just in time for the Masters. :-P

Yours in earnest,Β Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks:Β :cleveland:Β 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5* Β :tmade:Β RBZ HL 3wΒ Β :nickent:Β 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H Β :callaway:Β X-22 5-AW Β :nike:SV tour 56* SWΒ :mizuno:Β MP-T11 60* LWΒ :bridgestone:Β customized TD-03 putterΒ :tmade:Penta TP3 Β Β :aimpoint:

Quote:

Originally Posted by iacas

He's upped his game and is rounding into form just in time for the Masters.

LOL. He always peaks for the majors yea.

Constantine

LOL. He always peaks for the majors yea.

That makes one person who's peaking at the right time this year.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5Β° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17Β° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20Β° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60Β° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Add Matt Jones into the Masters field. Woo hoo....have you ever seen a more star-studded Masters field? Bring on the Chris Kirk-Matt Every-Steven Bodwitch-Matt Jones Sunday showdown. I can't wait.

BTW, if that actually happens, I will literally watch a boring NASCAR race next Sunday before I will The Masters.

Oz is having a great yearΒ so far in the PGA.

Scott

Titleist, Edel,Β Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Note:Β This thread is 3654 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!