IGNORED

2014 Masters Discussion Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 3652 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I don't know, I was busy watching Mercedes Benz commercials. I mean good god how many of the same commercial can they run?

It started great, for the first hour of coverage there was no commercials. I'm thinking this is awesome. Then the Benz commercials started like every 5 minutes of play!

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

[COLOR=282828]I don't know, I was busy watching Mercedes Benz commercials. I mean good god how many of the same commercial can they run?[/COLOR][COLOR=282828] [/COLOR][COLOR=282828] [/COLOR][COLOR=282828]It started great, for the first hour of coverage there was no commercials. I'm thinking this is awesome. Then the Benz commercials started like every 5 minutes of play! [/COLOR]

Mad Men's ending, Jon Hamm needs the work!

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
It started great, for the first hour of coverage there was no commercials. I'm thinking this is awesome. Then the Benz commercials started like every 5 minutes of play!

4 minutes of commercials (for all companies total) every 60 minutes. No more.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Huh? Somebody broke this rule then, because it was more like 2 minute commercials, in between every 5 minutes of play.

Huh? Somebody broke this rule then, because it was more like 2 minute commercials, in between every 5 minutes of play.

Yeah, the Masters is well known for setting the guidelines for the sponsors and for limiting the commercials. I think it was the year of or right after the Martha Burke nonsense, they said "eff all of you, we're having no commercials this year." Best part about the tournament is the lack of commercials, so I'm not really sure what you were watching. ;)

There was a time when the networks only had 2, 2 min. commercials during a 1/2 hr. show. Now the norm is 2 to 3 min commercials every 5 frekin mins. and that's for cable/satellite TV that we pay to get. Sorry for the rant, but just how much money for these guys is enough..?

Quote:

Originally Posted by iacas

Agreed with @Golfingdad ... I thought it felt like there were no commercials.

Constantine

Agreed with @Golfingdad ... I thought it felt like there were no commercials.

Me 3, I watched on CBS, and thought it was nice to see so few commercials.

Ah come on now? What coverage were you guys watching? Yes there was the SAME Benz commercials every 5 minutes, and it got worse on the last hour of coverage.

Now on the first hour of coverage there were no commercials. And I thought that was strange.

Trust me I was timing them commercial breaks.

A tad OT. Ever watch a normal PGA tourney..? They show maybe 3 or 4 shots from various parts of the course, then to a commercial. I've seen where they had shown 2 dangs shots then cut away for a word from our sponsors..WTF is that..?

• Administrator

I don't believe you. Prove it somehow. Someone still has it on their DVR I'm sure.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Ah come on now? What coverage were you guys watching? Yes there was the SAME Benz commercials every 5 minutes, and it got worse on the last hour of coverage.

Now on the first hour of coverage there were no commercials. And I thought that was strange.

Haha, I'm definitely not saying you're wrong, but I do recall feeling a bit rushed when loading up on food from the kitchen during the commercials. :-D

Constantine

The commercials were indeed quick, like 1 minute long sometimes, then quickly back to coverage. But nontheless, there were a ton of these.

I did have it on my DVR, but I ended up deleting it, so I can't prove it right now.

Not a single back nine roar, not a good sign. The finish was very anti-climactic. But after the last few Masters (the last three have been brilliant on sunday) it's not surprising to get a mediocre one.

I would never have thought that Watson would win a second major. But he drove the ball beautifully all week, the one on 13 was just crazy.

Good results for Spieth, Fowler and Blixt, dissapointing Sundays for Kuchar, Furyk and Westwood.

I don't believe you. Prove it somehow. Someone still has it on their DVR I'm sure.

I didn't delete it yet but I sure hate to go back and watch 5 hours of it again just to see one way or the other. :surrender:

Since I was "watching it" at work (more like it was on the TV and I would occasionally see some of it) I wouldn't have noticed the commercials.

But then...Now I'm at least curious enough to save it in case I get in the mood to really watch it.

• Administrator
I didn't delete it yet but I sure hate to go back and watch 5 hours of it again just to see one way or the other.

Since I was "watching it" at work (more like it was on the TV and I would occasionally see some of it) I wouldn't have noticed the commercials.

But then...Now I'm at least curious enough to save it in case I get in the mood to really watch it.

You could just fast forward and stop when you see a commercial.

But I hear ya… we may never have an answer because nobody wants to do it. I seem to recall the guy talking about the limited commercial interruptions at about 0:30 in, and IIRC it's still 4 minutes every 60. That's why The Players Championship followed the same route - they thought it added prestige (it does, somewhat).

I agree, Ricky is good for golf.  Kids can relate to him and overall he seems like a respectable guy.

I like Rickie a lot but I it doesn't mean he doesn't look like a goof ball with his ears tucked into his hat.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Note: This thread is 3652 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!