IGNORED

2014 Masters Discussion Thread

Note: This thread is 2471 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

If Mike Weir wins this would be the most shocking win ever in golf. Canadian golfers like myself would go nuts!

I would love to see Weir win again. Love a comeback story.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Boring?  BORING?  Mike & Mike, Mad Dog Radio, etc etc how could these guys even use the word?  Did these sportscasters even watch the tournament, or did they tune in for the last 3 holes and expec

I'd like to make a suggestion to the Augusta people: Quickly write into your tournament by-laws a contingency tradition; if the son of a former winner wins the tournament, his dad gets to prese

It's not the weather, though, as you may expect ... But rather, Phil Mickelson is just starting his practice round. ;)

He won't. I don't even feel bad about not betting. Would have been a waste of $10.

I wouldn't bet on him either but you never know. He certainly has better odds now than if he was +5.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Well, my new go-to line for the wind not carrying my ball is "MUD BALL! OHHHH MUD BALL!". Starting tomorrow morning at 9 AM on the first tee.

Note: This thread is 2471 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasjan21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
    • During my exquisitely wonderful (sarcasm) practice session today I was wondering about asking this very question. With my wedges thru 6 iron I look at the top of the ball, steeper angle of attack, hit ball first ground second. With my 5 iron, 2 & 3 Utility irons, 5 Wood and Driver I look at the back of the ball, this for sweeping.  When all things work in perfect unison and coordination it seams to turn out pretty good.  Today nothing turned out good so I read this topic and super excitted about what I can learn and crap.  I read fuzzy, a foot before the ball, see target hit target, mind zen type stuff.  OK all fine and good but now I have no idea, no idea at all how to look at a golf ball. Take this with a grain of salt, very frustrating day of practice followed by the most frustrating year of golf I have had, ever.   At least in baseball it was easy, see ball hit ball.  In football it was even easier, see ball destroy who has ball, get ball.  In practice I think a lot, mechanics and such When I play I do not think at all, just focus
    • Day 19 (missed 1 and 7 days ago) - Missed posting yesterday despite practicing.  2nd so far since starting.  Need to be perfect for the next 3 weeks if I'm going to hit my goal of keeping it active all year.  Today, was partial swings with the smart ball.
    • Your situation still calls into question the accuracy of or the confidence we should have in the recovery/hrv numbers.  In reality, your SWS cycle occurred when it occurred.  And thus, your HRV in the last 5 minutes of that cycle was what it was.  However, if the change in the algorithm can change the estimate of when that was and have it result in a 25% change, then what does it really mean? I've had a similar debate going on about my numbers.  I actually manually start my sleep activity when i lie down to go to sleep.  Last night, that was 10:15 or so, and I know i didnt actually fall asleep until close to 11.  However, my whoop data counts 10:15 to 11:00 as light sleep with only one occurrence of "awake".  Does that mean lying still in bed while awake isn't any different than light sleep?  If so, thats fine.  If not, then the same thing holds where the baseline calc could be off, and that changes the rest of the metrics. Yes, that is a better answer.  Still uncomfortable with a 25% difference in recovery.
    • Day 17 - got to do a practice round today.  Working to continue developing a repeatable driver.  Overall - ball striking was not as consistent yet I was in the fairway just as often.  Iron play was decent while fairways suffered.  Putting - worked on keeping the eyes looking down and not chasing the ball once struck....not easy as "eye" want to see it go in.  
    • A better answer:  
  • Today's Birthdays

1. csarge
      csarge
      (25 years old)
    2. ecrugger
      ecrugger
      (41 years old)
    3. Fairway_CY
      Fairway_CY
      (42 years old)
    4. paperclip
      paperclip
      (59 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...