IGNORED

2014 Masters Discussion Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 3655 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
So many oldtimers make the cut - so many big names didn't make the cut - what does this say about Augusta National and the Masters  - what's the difference between this event and the other majors?

That it's a great event that a almost everyone loves. That local knowledge is important. That you're a perpetual grump?

• Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Everyone ready for a Bubba crash and burn. I think he's up for it.  He has a history of it. Nothing even Bob Rotella can preemptively prevent. Hate to be Bubba's caddy today -----because it will be all his fault, no doubt.

Everyone ready for a Bubba crash and burn. I think he's up for it.  He has a history of it. Nothing even Bob Rotella can preemptively prevent. Hate to be Bubba's caddy today -----because it will be all his fault, no doubt.

If you were closer to avoid the shipping I'd wager you an old beat up putter that ol' Bubba will stay in the top ten today. I'm not a Bubba-fanboy, but I do like seeing when him and Phil and some others just go for broke for it. The old "here, hold my beer and watch this" stuff. Not always the smartest approach but fun to watch when it works. Should be a good day for golf in any case.

Taylormade M2 driver @ 9.5*+2

TM M6 D-type 3wood 16*, 
TM M2 Rescue 3H@19* and 4H@22* ,
TM RocketBladez irons 5-9,PW,AW, SW(23*,26.5*,30.5*,35*,40*,45*,50*,55*),
TM Hi-Toe 60* wedge,
Ping Karsten 1959 Craz-E, or a Scotty
Bushnell Tour V3 rangefinder

I think Adam Scott and Jordan Spieth have the right mental makeup to win this thing. Since Spieth is so young I give that edge to Scott.

I don't think Bubba Watson will hold it together when things start to go bad (which they will at some point). Unlike most people I do like Bubba Watson, even though he almost lost me when he was completely out of line with his caddy on the yardage incident. Then after thinking about it I wondered how many pros I would have to not like if every time they chewed a caddy out it was caught on camera.

I suppose I like him because he thinks like I do and is constantly looking for a reason to work the ball, even when it's totally unnecessary. Plus he always seems like a train wreck waiting to happen (and I can certainly relate to that). ;-)

So I'm rooting for Bubba but picking Scott.

Given the way this season's gone, wouldn't it only be fitting that John Senden slips on the green jacket? Seriously....it's the theme of the season. And I hear the analysts talking about about everyone on that leaderboard but him. I know he's the "boring"pick and I'm not pulling for him in the least, but he is one of the best ball-strikers on Tour and his putting has improved drastically this year.

Rory is playing by himself today. Do any of you think this will be an advantage for him?

It will give him an advantage at finding the best seat at the bar after his round.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Maybe, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Former Masters champ who's playing very well right now.  I don't think he backs up much.....

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

It will give him an advantage at finding the best seat at the bar after his round.

That is a good line, I'll have to remember that one for later today when I play in my monthly league. Golf channel just said that he will have a playing partner, a marker. Learn something new everyday.

Kurt

McDowell is +3 after four holes today. @David in FL , go straighten him out or we are not going to have a shot at winning this contest!

Damnit, I called and called, but he must have had his phone off.  He knows better.  I could've gotten him in line.  Too late now. :doh:

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

That is a good line, I'll have to remember that one for later today when I play in my monthly league. Golf channel just said that he will have a playing partner, a marker. Learn something new everyday.

Will his partner actually be playing a round, or just walking alongside him? If the former is true, that guy is going to have an awesome story for his grandkids. If I got to play a round with Rory McIlroy at Augusta National, with the patrons gathering around ever hole, I'm not sure if I'd be able to even swing a club because of nerves.

Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Maybe, but I wouldn't bet on it. Former Masters champ who's playing very well right now.  I don't think he backs up much.....

I think Bubba shoots 74 today. He'll back up a little, but he won't play himself out of contention by any means.

Will his partner actually be playing a round, or just walking alongside him? If the former is true, that guy is going to have an awesome story for his grandkids.

If I got to play a round with Rory McIlroy at Augusta National, with the patrons gathering around ever hole, I'm not sure if I'd be able to even swing a club because of nerves.

He actually plays with him. They said he has been the "marker" for the past 2 years, good player that does pretty well in Georgia mid amateur.

Kurt

Maybe, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Former Masters champ who's playing very well right now.  I don't think he backs up much.....

I think Bubba shoots 74 today. He'll back up a little, but he won't play himself out of contention by any means.

Bubba Watson is only 1-for-8 when holding the 36-hole lead. Could be an interesting finish.

Will W

That it's a great event that a almost everyone loves. That local knowledge is important. That you're a perpetual grump?

Stop it!  I have the flu and you made me laugh and my head aches!  Ouch! :cry: It is tough watching anything with a fever.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Damnit, I called and called, but he must have had his phone off.  He knows better.  I could've gotten him in line.  Too late now.

We let him down David.  We let him down.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

So many oldtimers make the cut - so many big names didn't make the cut - what does this say about Augusta National and the Masters  - what's the difference between this event and the other majors?

That anything can happen over just 36 holes.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Look here, I really like Jordan Speith, I really hope he wins it.

But the announcers won't stop saying he's 20 years old. YES WE GET IT, HE's 20 YEARS OLD!

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

Note: This thread is 3655 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!