IGNORED

Spike and spikeless golf shoes.

Note: This thread is 3648 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm a spikeless convert here - made the switch last year (Ecco Biom and FJ Contour). Don't ever see myself going back to soft spikes. I started walking more last year and find he spikeless so much more comfortable and not lacking in traction at all. Ordering a pair of True's this week given all the talk about them. Very curious about the feel.

Driver- :nike: Nike VR-Pro Limited Edition 9.5* Diamana 'ahina Stiff Flex 3 Wood- :titleist: Titleist 980 5 Wood- :tmade: Taylormade R9 3i-PW- :tmade: Taylormade Tour Preferred (Dynamic Gold S300) Putter- :tarmour: Tommy Armour T-Line 150 (it's old but I love it and haven't been able to find anything that feels better)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I just walked into golfsmith before I hit the course and tried on a pair of True Linkswear Protos on clearance. They were like majestic chariots for my feet. I walked out the door with them and hit some balls with them, then walked 27 holes and hit more balls until it was basically dark. Never wished I took a cart, even with a heavyish bag.

@saevel25 I tried on the TW'14 which did nothing for me and the Puma Faas lite, which aside from being an abhorrent color and not waterproof, was a really nice shoe. They had a good comfortable fit and plenty of grip, with a bit more cushioning than Truelinks. If the Truelinks didn't meet my high expectations I might have gone with the Pumas. Didn't want to try on the Footjoy DNA because I was afraid I'd want them too bad as a complement for softer conditions. I'm better off keeping my old shoes in the trunk for rainy days or something, since I don't want to wear out the new ones too quickly.

I always practiced martial arts barefoot, and was really athletic in that context, so I really like the extra mobility versus my spikes. Felt like my hip turn was more balanced and comfortable, and really helped my stability. I putted a lot better too, in no small part due to feeling the break through the sole better, and hit a number of good bunker shots and felt they were very stable in the sand. I feel like my movements are very fluid with these and I like that they're not going to leaving giant gouges in bunkers and greens if I don't walk carefully.

In My Bag:

Adams Super LS 9.5˚ driver, Aldila Phenom NL 65TX
Adams Super LS 15˚ fairway, Kusala black 72x
Adams Super LS 18˚ fairway, Aldila Rip'd NV 75TX
Adams Idea pro VST hybrid, 21˚, RIP Alpha 105x
Adams DHY 24˚, RIP Alpha 89x
5-PW Maltby TE irons, KBS C taper X, soft stepped once 130g
Mizuno T4, 54.9 KBS Wedge X
Mizuno R12 60.5, black nickel, KBS Wedge X
Odyssey Metal X #1 putter 
Bridgestone E5, Adidas samba bag, True Linkswear Stealth

@saevel25 I tried on the TW'14 which did nothing for me and the Puma Faas lite, which aside from being an abhorrent color and not waterproof, was a really nice shoe. They had a good comfortable fit and plenty of grip, with a bit more cushioning than Truelinks. If the Truelinks didn't meet my high expectations I might have gone with the Pumas. Didn't want to try on the Footjoy DNA because I was afraid I'd want them too bad as a complement for softer conditions. I'm better off keeping my old shoes in the trunk for rainy days or something, since I don't want to wear out the new ones too quickly.

Yeah I am seriously in the hunt for some shoes man. I don't think the stores care the newest of the Truelink stuff. They got some shoes that look like they stitching is different. The issue for me is that the leather U shape were the laces are at form a hinge point that crimps the leather onto the top of my toes when I press off when I walk. I am a fast walker with large strides. The new shoes look like they done away with that for another design.

If not I am seriously considering a pair of Merrel trail/hiking minimalist shoes. They have some nice tread on them.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

We were talking about this today. Most of the shoes we have in the shop now are spikeless. I can see sometime down the road, spikes might just phase out. Remember the metal spikes?

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:tmade: Spider Tour X putter

:snell: MTB Prime X, :adidas: Tour360 22

We were talking about this today. Most of the shoes we have in the shop now are spikeless. I can see sometime down the road, spikes might just phase out. Remember the metal spikes?

Quite a few PGA tour players still use metal spikes. Spikes are definitely a requirement for my swing in wet conditions.

Yeah I am seriously in the hunt for some shoes man. I don't think the stores care the newest of the Truelink stuff. They got some shoes that look like they stitching is different. The issue for me is that the leather U shape were the laces are at form a hinge point that crimps the leather onto the top of my toes when I press off when I walk. I am a fast walker with large strides. The new shoes look like they done away with that for another design.

If not I am seriously considering a pair of Merrel trail/hiking minimalist shoes. They have some nice tread on them.

I wore cushy new socks and didn't need to tie them tightly, so perhaps the laces are just a bit tight at the bottom? I also guess it's possible your feet may be shaped a bit differently, but even though the seam you're talking about falls in the same spot, it just never caused me any trouble. The fact that the seam is in the same spot for me means it's probably not a sizing issue and the fact that you tried others on means it's not a defect.

I would have tried something more "barefoot" and I may grab a pair of truelinks that's thinner and more ventilated in the future, but the Merrel stuff looks pretty flashy for my tastes. I also can't see the tread on them, but the platform looks pretty flexible. I couldn't bring myself to wear any of the vibram stuff though, even though it's probably pretty good. For me the Puma Faas Lite were the next best mix of comfort and grip after the Trues.

In My Bag:

Adams Super LS 9.5˚ driver, Aldila Phenom NL 65TX
Adams Super LS 15˚ fairway, Kusala black 72x
Adams Super LS 18˚ fairway, Aldila Rip'd NV 75TX
Adams Idea pro VST hybrid, 21˚, RIP Alpha 105x
Adams DHY 24˚, RIP Alpha 89x
5-PW Maltby TE irons, KBS C taper X, soft stepped once 130g
Mizuno T4, 54.9 KBS Wedge X
Mizuno R12 60.5, black nickel, KBS Wedge X
Odyssey Metal X #1 putter 
Bridgestone E5, Adidas samba bag, True Linkswear Stealth

My right foot has slipped on occasion in spikleless golf shoes. Usually it's on matted down dormant Bermuda when I am going after it way too hard with a driver.

It appears that my foot slipping caused a bad shot but in all honesty I would have more than likely hit a bad shot on those times anyway. One of my biggest flaws is to push off of my back foot way too hard and way too fast when hitting a driver.

Hasn't happened recently and the spikeless shoes may subconsciously actually be helping me remember to stay more under control.

the spikeless are nice, but do NOT offer as much traction as softspikes.  i use the spikeless when its pretty dry/not mushy and my TW 13s for when its wet.

Colin P.

• 3 weeks later...

I have both as well..... Spikeless (Adidas Crossflex) when I am walking the course and soft spikes (Adidas Tour360 ATV M1) when in a cart or wet out. Adidas fit my feet perfect and have been playing them for 5 years now. Both my current shoes were purchased towards the end of last season.....

I have True Linkswear spikeless golf shoes. Love them.  Main reason is I play a lot of 9 and dines after work and time is tight.  I have to get to the course quick and not be held up when I get there. So I put them on and ware them to the course. You can drive very well in them unlike my old FJs with spikes...

I have True Linkswear spikeless golf shoes. Love them.  Main reason is I play a lot of 9 and dines after work and time is tight.  I have to get to the course quick and not be held up when I get there. So I put them on and ware them to the course. You can drive very well in them unlike my old FJs with spikes...

I drive all the time in my FJ green joys... :-D

I just picked up a pair of the and Footljoy ICON Spikeless and Callaway Master Staff Spikeless, they are both very comfortable.  I like the True and Ecco brands for the range but I wanted something that was a little more formal for walking around in the club house before and after a round.

Joe Paradiso

Spikes all the way.  Aggressive spikes at that.  I have Ecco Biom Hydromax shoes with Champ Zarma spikes, which are pretty aggressive.  I like knowing that my foot is not going to slip or slide while I'm making a swing... especially because I typically like to be the first one off in the morning when I play golf, so I'm playing on wet grass for at least 12-13 holes.  Although I admit, I have never actually tried spikeless shoes.  But either way, I like having spikes

Callaway XR 9.5 + 1, Taylormade R15 3 Wood, Burner 3 Rescue, Callaway XHot 5H, Warbird 4H, Nike Vapor Fly 6-AW Irons, Titleist Vokey 54, 60 Wedges, Taylormade Rossa Fontana Putter, Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow.

Best Score 2017:  82 (Traditions at the Glen, Par 70)

Favorite Course - Conklin Players Club (Par 72) - Best Score 86

I have both - don't have much of a preference ... if I have comfortable shoes in either style, I'm good

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Tried on the new Puma Biofusion Spikeless Mesh Golf Shoes yesterday.  They looked and felt great, love that they are waterproof, but the tread pattern made me put them back on the shelf.  Just didn't seem like they would provide enough traction.  Am I wrong?  Has played in them?

In my bag:
Driver:
Woods:
HyBrid:
Irons: 

Putter:

Please see my evaluation of the Ecco Biom Hybrid, posted at http://thesandtrap.com/t/58401/ecco-biom-hybrid-golf-shoe#post_981663 - I think that thread is in the wrong subforum and should be in this Apparel, Gear, Etc Forum. But just for clarity' sake, I refer anyone that is interested in this particular spikeless shoe back to that post.

:titleist:  913D2 10.5*  913F 15* 18*  913H  21*  24*  27*    :tmade: Burner Superfast 7i  8i  9i   :vokey: Vokey SM4  48*  52*  56*  60*    :cameron:  Newport 2 Notchback (Black)      :srixon:  Z Star XV (Yellow)    :ecco:  Biom Hybrid

Note: This thread is 3648 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!