IGNORED

Ever have a ball disappear, vanish with no trace of it ever being here?

Note:Β This thread is 3665 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

Yes it has a few times. One time I had a fox grab my ball and take off.

I had a fox take my ball once and no one believes me. Β I know the ball was on the right side of the fairway. Β Walking, so I get about 30 yds from tee box and look up and a fox is running across the fairway with my ball in his mouth. Β I did not take a stroke!!!!!!!

Roy

I have lost my tee shots before. I see the bounce and think it's got to be easy to find. But no. . .

Just recently I hit a little off and saw the ball bounce in a knoll, and looked around for almost 3 minutes. It turned out to be deep in a puddle of water.

:ping:Β  :tmade:Β Β :callaway:Β Β Β :gamegolf:Β Β :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

People in opposite fairways pickup balls all the time, super frustrating!!! Whatever happened to "if it not yours don't touch it"

:titleist:Β 913 D3 9.5* Diamana 72g X-flex neutral

Β :titleist: 913 FD 15* Diamana 82g X-flex neutral

Β Β :titleist: AP2 712 3-PW S-300

Β :vokey:51-08/ 55-11/ 59-08 equal length shaft

Β :cameron: Select Newport 2

Lol. Poor you guys. But isn't it a club rule not to pick up balls from the courses?

I'm a newbie and o ly play at ranges tho.

Not when you play on public courses, it's the wild west out there. No one yells "Fore", and people pick up golf balls that isn't theirs.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
Β fasdfaΒ dfdsafΒ 

What's in My Bag
Driver;Β :pxg:Β 0311 Gen 5,Β  3-Wood:Β 
:titleist:Β 917h3 ,Β  Hybrid:Β  :titleist:Β 915 2-Hybrid,Β  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel:Β (52, 56, 60),Β  Putter: :edel:,Β  Ball: :snell:Β MTB,Β Β Shoe: :true_linkswear:,Β  Rangfinder:Β :leupold:
Bag:Β :ping:

Not when you play on public courses, it's the wild west out there. No one yells "Fore", and people pick up golf balls that isn't theirs.

Happened today to a playing partner on the first freaking hole. Β Yanked his drive left and near the green on an upcoming hole. Β No rough to speak of, no water, nowhere for the ball to be, other than in the pocket of one of the guys who passed through there before we got there. Β Just annoying.

Happened today to a playing partner on the first freaking hole. Β Yanked his drive left and near the green on an upcoming hole. Β No rough to speak of, no water, nowhere for the ball to be, other than in the pocket of one of the guys who passed through there before we got there. Β Just annoying.

Yep, same here. Its one of the few things I will look out for. I will yell across the course to let people know that the ball there is mine.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
Β fasdfaΒ dfdsafΒ 

What's in My Bag
Driver;Β :pxg:Β 0311 Gen 5,Β  3-Wood:Β 
:titleist:Β 917h3 ,Β  Hybrid:Β  :titleist:Β 915 2-Hybrid,Β  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel:Β (52, 56, 60),Β  Putter: :edel:,Β  Ball: :snell:Β MTB,Β Β Shoe: :true_linkswear:,Β  Rangfinder:Β :leupold:
Bag:Β :ping:

Partly my fault, but I lost a drive into another fairway, and someone hit it into a bunker three holes ahead of us. I found it again when I was making an up and down, and noticed a ball in the bunker that didn't "belong" to any of us. Had the same logo on the Titleist proV1X that I found last week on anotherΒ course :whistle: (I did check to see if anyone was the owner, no one admitted to beingΒ its owner).

In any case, I took the penalty on that hole where it was lost, and put the ball back into my bag. :-)

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I'm sure there's some guy out there with a big black plastic bag full of pro balls. Haha

The funny thing is I have over 5 dozen brand new balls, I just keep forgetting to bring them with me. These are my shag balls most of which I bought for $20 per 48 at Target. I sometimes buy titleist pro v1 from a local ball monger who swims into the ponds for 0.50/pc too. I have something like 150 balls in this "shag bag", now that I rarely lose balls. Plus I end up finding some of them. I do look for the owners, but if no one is within a 300 yard radius, pretty much a keeper. They're great for chipping practice. I have another 80 at home that I hit into a net. Plus I have all the balls that I played out for scoring rounds. I used to lose one or two per round, but end up putting them in the shag bag too. The bag is getting heavier these last few months. I should donate some to the local range or something. . ,

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Some don't even follow the old rule "Never pick up a lost ball that's still rolling."

Can't really say its gotten worse over the years though, even back in the 70's and 80's there were people that wouldn't give a thought as to how that ball might of gotten there and if it could still be in play by someone else.

People not yelling "Fore" anymore is another story.Β  That has most definitely gotten worse.Β  Need an f-in hardhat on some courses anymore.

Driver: R7 425,Β  3-wood: V-Steel
3H Burner,Β  4-pw: R9 TP
SW: Vokey, 56-10
Putter: Cameron

Years ago as a kid a friend and I were playing a couple of the back holes around dusk on a course next to his family's vacation camping lot. I hit a worm burner approaching a green and just before the ball was about to roll up onto the green a big owl swooped down and snatched up the ball. That owl was probably thinking it just picked up dinner and all it got was an old pond found golfball. As to snagging balls on the course, if I'm 100% positive that the ball is abandoned then it is fair game, but if there is so much as a remote chance that it is still in play then I'll leave it be. Myself having mis-hit balls in the past up to two fairways away with a wicked push or slice I know all to well just how far a bad shot can go astray.

Taylormade M2Β driverΒ @ 9.5*+2

TM M6 D-type 3woodΒ 16*,Β 
TMΒ M2 Rescue 3H@19* and 4H@22* ,
TMΒ RocketBladez irons 5-9,PW,AW, SW(23*,26.5*,30.5*,35*,40*,45*,50*,55*),
TM Hi-Toe 60* wedge,
Ping Karsten 1959 Craz-E, or a Scotty
Bushnell Tour V3 rangefinder

I was playing quick earlier this year and 2 older gentlemen were in front of me so they allowed me to play through. I teed up and hit a shot just left of the cartpath. So I go the exact spot I saw the ball land and its not there. It didnt hit the path or anything else, it should have been exactly where I went. I turn and look at the 2 gentlemen and ask Is this where it landed?One of them nods yes and the other yelled absolutely. So I walked area right around there nothing. They come over to help me and nothing, we spent 10 minutes looking for that ball and walked nearly the entire hole with no sign of it. No idea what happened there.

This happens to my friend most weeks at the mo! But the grounds a bit soft still, we've found that the as the ball lands, a clump of dirt sticks to the ball, and as it rolls it covers it self! Kinda camouflaging itself! It's happened an awful lot over winter!

Gaz Lee

Fall of last year I split a pretty big fairway but couldn't find my ball because their wereΒ leaves EVERYWHERE. It had to have rolled underneath one...I was pretty pissed, haha.Β It's not every day I hit a good drive.

Other than that, I've lost a few discs from disc golf this way. Could have sworn they hit the fairway or an opening. They probably ended up rolling into the woods or something.

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

This happens to my friend most weeks at the mo! But the grounds a bit soft still, we've found that the as the ball lands, a clump of dirt sticks to the ball, and as it rolls it covers it self! Kinda camouflaging itself! It's happened an awful lot over winter!

. . .or it could land deep in a puddle of water like one of mine did, recently. I found it after 10 minutes, but we were waiting for the green to clear only 80 yards away. I just happened to be standing there and preparing my "lateral" ball for deployment when I caught a glimpse of it in the corner of my eye. There it was under 3 inches of water half covered in mud. I just tapped it out, and bogeyed the hole. Not really worth getting soaked in stagnant water for a par. :-X

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

. . .or it could land deep in a puddle of water like one of mine did, recently. I found it after 10 minutes, but we were waiting for the green to clear only 80 yards away. I just happened to be standing there and preparing my "lateral" ball for deployment when I caught a glimpse of it in the corner of my eye. There it was under 3 inches of water half covered in mud. I just tapped it out, and bogeyed the hole. Not really worth getting soaked in stagnant water for a par.

@Lihu , just so you know in the future - that's a free drop under the casual water rule. One club length, no nearer to the hole. No penalty.

Yours in earnest,Β Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks:Β :cleveland:Β 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5* Β :tmade:Β RBZ HL 3wΒ Β :nickent:Β 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H Β :callaway:Β X-22 5-AW Β :nike:SV tour 56* SWΒ :mizuno:Β MP-T11 60* LWΒ :bridgestone:Β customized TD-03 putterΒ :tmade:Penta TP3 Β Β :aimpoint:

I found it after 10 minutes,

@Lihu, just so you know in the future - that's a free drop under the casual water rule. One club length, no nearer to the hole. No penalty.

Well, not technically. ;)Β  But in a casual round, I'd certainly play it as such. :beer:

Note:Β This thread is 3665 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!