IGNORED

2014 Shell Houston Open Discussion

iacas
Note: This thread is 3663 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

I'm not gonna watch, cuz Tiger's not playing. :)

(Really, it's because I'm you-know-whats-to-the-wall with three or four various projects…).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm not gonna watch, cuz Tiger's not playing. :)

(Really, it's because I'm you-know-whats-to-the-wall with three or four various projects…).

You better be working on that book that we are all excited about reading!!!!!!!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I'm pretty excited about this year's Shell Houston Open.  The field is probably the strongest since Doral, and The Masters aura is in the air.  This is the last chance for some of the players to earn their way to Augusta, and it's a chance for some of the top-ranked golfers to put an end to the "slightly mediocre" run on the PGA Tour of late.  Bring on a great leaderboard and Sunday finish!

I'd like to see Mahan do well, too. With his swing you would think he'd win more often.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

I'd like to see Mahan do well, too. With his swing you would think he'd win more often.

X 2... :beer:

looking for CHIII to win - he's been as consistent this season as about anyone out there

I'm going with the more obvious choice - Dustin Johnson. Every stroke play event he's played in the 2013-2014 season has been a top 10 result, including a win at a WGC event.

I didn't realize that Mahan withdrew from Bay Hill 2 weeks ago citing lower back pain. Hopefully he got that all taken care of.

It's tough to say what his major bane is on the course.

Here's his 2014 stats so far.

http://www.pgatour.com/players/player.24781.hunter-mahan.html/statistics

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

Does it ever make you a little mad knowing that guys like Paddy Harrington, Ernie Els, Phil Mickelson, and Henrik Stenson are teeing off within 30 mins....and you can't watch it anywhere?

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

Does it ever make you a little mad knowing that guys like Paddy Harrington, Ernie Els, Phil Mickelson, and Henrik Stenson are teeing off within 30 mins....and you can't watch it anywhere?

When The Golf Channel doesn't have scheduling conflicts with another golf tournament going on that they are obligated to cover it does. It doesn't bother me too much on a Thursday or Friday morning because I can give them the benefit of the doubt that the crews are not set up yet.

What I really hate is when a scheduled weekend round is delayed and finished the next morning and it's obvious they could cover it because they occasionally cut away from some BS show and show a clip or two.

That tells me they have a crew there but either can't (due to contract obligations) or won't (because they are stupid) show the round.

I must say though that the most ridiculous thing I ever saw on The Gold Channel involved a European Tour event I was watching (which I very rarely do). It was tied at the end of regulation and I was actually looking forward to the playoff...Until they quit covering it to cut away to the start of a Nationwide Tour event.

I couldn't believe I had watched two hours of golf only to not be able to watch the finish.

Note: This thread is 3663 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!