IGNORED

The Golf Club - Xbox One PS4, and PC

Kieran123
Note: This thread is 2968 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I finally bought the game this weekend, and just played a few rounds for the first time. I actually like the gameplay a lot. In the Tiger Woods games, it always felt like they had to kill the game to make it difficult; this one I don't think will be like that.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

21 minutes ago, jamo said:

I finally bought the game this weekend, and just played a few rounds for the first time. I actually like the gameplay a lot. In the Tiger Woods games, it always felt like they had to kill the game to make it difficult; this one I don't think will be like that.

I have it on X-Box One. I like it too. I like how the putting is all feel. Have you tried building a course yet?

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

2 minutes ago, Ernest Jones said:

I have it on X-Box One. I like it too. I like how the putting is all feel. Have you tried building a course yet?

I only played it for an hour or so, so not yet. That's probably next.

The putting is interesting. I didn't like it early on, but it's so minimalist that I've actually come to like it. The best thing about the putting so far is that it very clearly differs based on green conditions. When the greens look dried out and crusty, the greens are firm and roll quick.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

31 minutes ago, jamo said:

Whenever I want some real difficulty from my virtual golf I just pop in this old gem.

pga-tour-golf-usa-europe-v1.2.png

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

4 minutes ago, SavvySwede said:

Whenever I want some real difficulty from my virtual golf I just pop in this old gem.

Mark McCumber? Sign me up!!! :-P

In my bag:

19 minutes ago, pumaAttack said:

Looking at this for PS4.

Is it worth the price?  Better than Rory PGA Tour?

I think I paid around $25 for an automatic download of the game, so yeah, I'd say it's worth it. The course designer can be a little frustrating but it is pretty fun building your own course and tricking it up  a bit! 

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

32 minutes ago, SavvySwede said:

Looks like you had a better version of this game than I did.  My leaderboards seemed to always be populated by Billy Andrade and Lance Ten Broeck.

I had the course record at Sterling Shores though, that's for certain. :P

38 minutes ago, pumaAttack said:

Looking at this for PS4.

Is it worth the price?  Better than Rory PGA Tour?

I think I only paid $17 for the disc. The McIlroy game is like double that, but I haven't tried it so I can't really compared the two.

In my bag:

I've got it on XB1 and PC (the latter which I've never actually played). It's OK, and while the course designer is great, it's not what I want a golf game for. It's a bit disappointing that there's so little character customization and no player progression. I know the idea is to base the results on your ability to hit, but building up a golfer is kind of fun. Starting with a guy driving 200 and working towards a 300-yard power hitter is interesting to me.

Rory plays really well, but its create-a-golfer is kind of a mess and the course offerings are pretty shallow. I'm waiting for it to get added to EA Access, then I'll probably sign up for that ($30 for a year of access to, like, 15 games).

I downloaded the game last night and really enjoy it.  

I wonder how close I can get to creating my own local course.  That would be fun to play.

Tony  

:titleist:    |   :tmade:   |     :cleveland: 

I prefer Perfect Golf (PC only, Steam) over The Golf Club. TGC looks great and has better graphics, but Perfect Golf has better ratings/reviews and is much more realistic; it's more a simulation while TGC is arcade. An other low acces golf game is World Golf Tour (wgt.com); to start it's free of payment, it's a browser game but with surprisingly nice graphics and a very big online community. You can try and if you like it you can pay for better equipment, balls etc.; some choose to do so, but it's not necessary in order to have fun and continue to play the game.

~Jorrit

1 hour ago, Silent said:

I prefer Perfect Golf (PC only, Steam)

I have been waiting for the course building software for perfect golf to get released but it seems to be taking ages (I think it was about a year ago when I last checked in and it still isn't public yet).  I quite like the idea of building my home course on the sim and then trying out different approaches to holes.

Adam

:ping: G30 Driver 

:callaway: XR16 3W
:callaway: Big Bertha 5W
:ping: S55 4-W 
:ping: 50' , 56', 60' Glide Wedge
:odyssey: White Hot #7 Putter

56 minutes ago, ZappyAd said:

I have been waiting for the course building software for perfect golf to get released but it seems to be taking ages (I think it was about a year ago when I last checked in and it still isn't public yet).  I quite like the idea of building my home course on the sim and then trying out different approaches to holes.

Yea, it's still an early access. There already are user created courses up for download, but not sure how they created it. Since last month (latest update) the game became even better in my opinion with some new stuff. Most realistic feel I ever had in a golf game.

~Jorrit

Note: This thread is 2968 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!