IGNORED

Sponsored Golf

Royster1984
Note: This thread is 3629 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi Guys and Girls,

I'am after a little advice, I am looking at ideas to raise some money for a local animal charity and hoping to do via playing golf.

I was thinking about something like 72 holes in one day in maybes fancy dress or something like that. Has anyone done anything like this and have any advice on the matter?? Or does anyone have any other suggestions of some form of challenge which could be as a sponser??

Many Thanks

Anthony

The only advice that I can give, and take it as you may..... why not raise money for some other charity that actually involves humans, like cancer research or orphans or something like that?  Animals are great and all, but I don't ever picturing my self donating to save cats and dogs when I know that I can help an orphan..  just saying.

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The only advice that I can give, and take it as you may..... why not raise money for some other charity that actually involves humans, like cancer research or orphans or something like that?  Animals are great and all, but I don't ever picturing my self donating to save cats and dogs when I know that I can help an orphan..  just saying.

I am big animal person and really hate seeing animal cruelty and think it would be nice to help earn this charity a bit of cash to help it out and put it to good use. I guess everyone has different feelings towards all different charity's and there is no right and wrong answer, at the end of the day any charity work is better than none.

Sorry I've haven't had any experience myself but found these, good luck!

http://teetimespress.com/main.asp?SectionID=5&SubSectionID;=60&ArticleID;=25

https://www.golfregistrations.com/s/How-to-Organize-a-Golf-Tournament/index.cfm

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

I guess everyone has different feelings towards all different charity's and there is no right and wrong answer, at the end of the day any charity work is better than none.

I totally agree.  Giving to any worthy charity is a good thing.

Anyways, I am unclear as to what you are planning.  What do you mean by "playing 72 holes in fancy dress???"  Like black tie only golf?

I totally agree.  Giving to any worthy charity is a good thing. Anyways, I am unclear as to what you are planning.  What do you mean by "playing 72 holes in fancy dress???"  Like black tie only golf?

I dont have figure for black tie only lol. I was thinking more like funky chicken outfit.

Great initiative Royster! Maybe you could have people sponsor you with a small amount for every hole you can manage to play in a day and try to play as many as you can?

I try and raise awareness for the plight of elephants by making birdies and telling everybody I get paired to about them. I've had several people in my flights join me to raise money for them for the day or donate afterwards which so far has been really great. Please see the link in my signature for more information about it if you're interested :)

Keep us updated with what you decide to do?

Birdies 4 Elephants - raising money and awareness for elephants while out playing golf :)

I guess everyone has different feelings towards all different charity's and there is no right and wrong answer, at the end of the day any charity work is better than none.

I totally agree.  Giving to any worthy charity is a good thing.

Anyways, I am unclear as to what you are planning.  What do you mean by "playing 72 holes in fancy dress???"  Like black tie only golf?

+1.  Doing something for charity is a pretty noble endeavor, regardless if it's for humans or animals.  It's where a person's heart lies.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Great initiative Royster! Maybe you could have people sponsor you with a small amount for every hole you can manage to play in a day and try to play as many as you can?

I try and raise awareness for the plight of elephants by making birdies and telling everybody I get paired to about them. I've had several people in my flights join me to raise money for them for the day or donate afterwards which so far has been really great. Please see the link in my signature for more information about it if you're interested :)

Keep us updated with what you decide to do?

I did think about trying to play as much as I could in one day and I also thought about a dusk till dawn golf game aswell, just dont know if i could manage it. I am quite a large person and my home course is very hilly played 36 yesterday without no trouble but could imagine 16 hours+ of golf would be a killer but might give it a try going to give 54 holes a go next for a test run.

Birides4Elephants is a great idea keep up the good work and keep us informed, that baby elephant is so cute.

I dont have figure for black tie only lol. I was thinking more like funky chicken outfit.

Now that sounds fun!  I see this in the Boston Marathon every year.  Runners will wear a crazy outfit to bring attention to a charity they are running for.  I would suggests going to Vet offices and see if people visiting would be interested.  Get a feel for the idea.  I am a dog lover and this would be fun.  I would limit it to 18 holes and make it a scramble to attract more players.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Now that sounds fun!  I see this in the Boston Marathon every year.  Runners will wear a crazy outfit to bring attention to a charity they are running for.  I would suggests going to Vet offices and see if people visiting would be interested.  Get a feel for the idea.  I am a dog lover and this would be fun.  I would limit it to 18 holes and make it a scramble to attract more players.

lol, i m like 6ft 2" and 22 stone I dont think it would be too nice lol :D

• 5 weeks later...
@Royster1984, how is the charity golf coming along? :)

It's still in the planning stage sadly, cant decide on what would be the best way to get people interested in sponsoring. People I've mentioned it too, seem to think golf from dusk till dawn but not sure if i could man that :(

Hows birdies 4 elephants going??

Would be a tough day playing all day long but it would be for a good cause! :)

Birdies4Elephants is going well, thanks for asking. It's given me the opportunity to tell lots of people about the problems facing the elephants and the danger of extinction. Would have liked to have made more birdies by now but there's been lots of people helping which has been great. I wrote an update on the website the other day or you can follow things on facebook if you'd like :)

Birdies 4 Elephants - raising money and awareness for elephants while out playing golf :)

Would be a tough day playing all day long but it would be for a good cause! :)

Birdies4Elephants is going well, thanks for asking. It's given me the opportunity to tell lots of people about the problems facing the elephants and the danger of extinction. Would have liked to have made more birdies by now but there's been lots of people helping which has been great. I wrote an update on the website the other day or you can follow things on facebook if you'd like :)

Just got your page up on Facebook gave it a like, its definately a great cause. keep up the good work. :D

Very awesome of you sir.

It seems that a lot of the charity events I play in, the fund raising revolves around raffles and door prizes. A lot of them sell mulligans which don't cost you anything, but... I played in one where you could buy 3' sections of string which could be used to pull the into the hole and not count a putt. It was a nice alternative to a mulligan because you still had to get the ball to within 3' before you could use it. Back to the door prize tickets, if you can get sponsors or donors to give you lots of goodies to give away, you can create opportunities to win tickets. One scramble I play has a par 3 challenge where each player can pay $5 to participate on each par 3. If they miss the green, they get 1 ticket for trying, but if they hit the green, they get 5 tickets. You can also bet on other players to hit the green. I've seen this done where players bet on whether they hit the fairway on a tight par 4. I even played in an outing where you could pay a long drive competitor to hit a drive for your group.

I know there are mixed feelings about outings on here. I am just giving you some fundraising ideas.

Best of luck to you!

- Shane

Thanks guys, really appreciate it! :)

CarlSpacker, some good idea's for a fund raiser during a tournament. I really like the idea of the raffle tickets on the par3, I've seen something similar over here several times where you pay to be in the 'hole in one' challenge to win a car. The other idea's are good and could be fun as well but this would work in a 'serious' tournament as well without affecting scoring. I think I'll try and see if I can get my local course to 'borrow' me one of the par3's during a club tournament one day for something like this :)

Note: This thread is 3629 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!