IGNORED

The Mental side/game to Golf

Note: This thread is 3648 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I think as Amateur Golfers or even professionals we can all relate to instances when nerves and sweats have taken over a swing or putt at some stage in our Golfing lives.

We all have seen situations or been in these types of scenarios

1. Water on the left, bunkers on the right, tight Fairway, all we see is trouble.

2. A 3 foot putt all of a sudden becomes like trying to discover a new planet in solar system

3. A straight forward Par 4 18th hole where you only need Bogey to win local competition. Even double Bogey might be enough. All of sudden these strange ideas and thoughts come into your head. You shoot a 8.

Its just a aspect of Golf that I think many find fascinating, frustrating if you're weak mentally and maybe useful if you have a confident and strong mind.

I hope to go back to basics this season, but also I want to be a more confident and stronger believer in my ability by end of the year. I think its something thats holding me back a little.  I have great confidence funny enough when im playing in matchplay situation, but a local strokeplay or stableford competition and I seem to falter bit too often. I see trouble or the bad shots.

I have began this season by buying 3 Bob Rotella books in hoping to find some inspiration from ebay for good value " Golf is not a game of Perfect" "Putting out of Mind" and "The Golfers Mind". I hope these 3 books will hopefully add some useful tips there somewhere and I start to see more progress.

However I would like us to share our own experiences too. Be it Good or Bad.

What makes you get nervous? Or what makes you a confident player?

All Stories, thoughts, theories, tips etc are welcome.

I will keep people up to date on my own progress throughout the season and hopefully together we can share information to get us playing to the best of our abilities.

Look forward to hearing from fellow Golfers.

Happy Golfing all!

Note: This thread is 3648 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!