IGNORED

Fat Grips on Putters

Note: This thread is 3629 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I use one and I'd definitely recommend using one, especially if you tend to use your wrists a lot during your stroke.  At least for me, it helps me in keeping the putter face square.

I use one and I'd definitely recommend using one, especially if you tend to use your wrists a lot during your stroke.  At least for me, it helps me in keeping the putter face square.

THIS! I also like the bigger grip ( I use a Super Stroke Slim 3.0 ), it helps me to remember to use my shoulders in the putting stroke rather than in my wrist/hands. I would recommend trying one if you are having trouble on the greens. My putts per round went down significantly when I changed to the Super Strike grips. Hope this helps!

Driver: TaylorMade Jet Speed Matrix 49 Gram Velox T Stiff Shaft

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha Aldila NVS 65-S 350 Shaft

Hybrid(s): Cobra Baffler T-Rail - 3H - 19*
                 Cobra Baffler T-Rail - 4H - 22*
Irons:  TaylorMade RBladez Jetfuel 85 Gram Steel Shaft 4-AW 

Wedges: Cleveland REG.588 Tour Action - 60*

Callaway Forged Rust - 54*
Putter: Ping 1/2 Wack-E - Super Stroke 3.0 Slim Grip

Balls:  Maxfli U/4H

Some people like them because it helps you to not be too wristy, and others don't because it takes some of your touch out of the stroke.

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Switched last year to a Super Stroke 3.0 I certainly noticed a difference in the putts from about 10 feet and in. Outside of that, no real change in feel or make-ability. The one downside that I came across- many putts that would have missed completely turned into lipglancers and lipouts. Eventually, more went in than lipped out though.

My Taylor Made Rossa putter grip was falling apart so I just had a Winn Pro fat grip put on.  It's a medium sized fat one, I don't like the super fat ones.  I am looking forward to using it.  I have a tendency to just wiggle the putter to much during my stroke and miss putts, also need to correct my alignment but that's another issue.  I do like the feel of it.  I hate that it no longer fits in the dedicated side putter tube of my bag lol.

Callaway XR 9.5 + 1, Taylormade R15 3 Wood, Burner 3 Rescue, Callaway XHot 5H, Warbird 4H, Nike Vapor Fly 6-AW Irons, Titleist Vokey 54, 60 Wedges, Taylormade Rossa Fontana Putter, Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow.

Best Score 2017:  82 (Traditions at the Glen, Par 70)

Favorite Course - Conklin Players Club (Par 72) - Best Score 86

I switched to one at the end of last year (Super Stroke 3.0) and very happy with the change so far. Takes a little getting used to, though.

Likewise. What I like is that it gives me more control with my stroke, since getting the 3.0 my putting has improved a bunch. YMMV, but I would at least give one a try. BTW, I'm sure you know they come in different sizes, so get one that fits your hands the best.

SuperStroke 2.0 for me. Put one on a year ago, and my putting improved dramatically, especially from inside 15 ft. Bonus with the 2.0, it still fits in the putter well of my bag and doesn't hang up. Highly recommend!

Ive used the Superstroke 1.0 and 2.0 in the past and theyre nice.  Im not sure that it really improved my putting though.  You might experience more of a benefit with the bigger ones like the Fatso though...

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

I like my Winn fat grip.  I'd get a Superstroke if it would fit in the bag.

Bill - 

I'm sure that my Super Stroke 3.0 would fit into most bags. I guess I'm lucky that I have a specific chamber on the Ogio carry bag for it. It is an oversize slot that has no trouble handling the 3.0 and could probably swallow a larger one as well. I have also made a small concession to back issues by sticking one of those "Halo" ball pickups in the putter. It came with a clip so the putter can hang on the outside of the bag while on the pushcart or golfcart, but when not in use the putter fits into the bag no problem.

My Taylor Made Rossa putter grip was falling apart so I just had a Winn Pro fat grip put on.  It's a medium sized fat one, I don't like the super fat ones.  I am looking forward to using it.  I have a tendency to just wiggle the putter to much during my stroke and miss putts, also need to correct my alignment but that's another issue.  I do like the feel of it.  I hate that it no longer fits in the dedicated side putter tube of my bag lol.

I've used that grip for 2 years now. My putting improved dramatically almost immediately, hope you have the same luck.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

At the Golf Galaxy nearest to me, I was able to try out the Super Stroke grips and hated the feel.    I went with the Winn Excel Jumbo.    I really like it and it seems to have helped my putting tremendously.

Razr Fit Xtreme 9.5* Matrix Black Tie shaft, Diablo Octane 3 wood 15*, Razr X Hybrid 21*, Razr X 4-SW, Forged Dark Chrome 60* lob wedge, Hex Chrome & Hex Black ball

Would not recommend it for a blade though, it just will take away all the feel.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

Note: This thread is 3629 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!