IGNORED

Nicest guy on tour?

Foursum Golf
Note: This thread is 3478 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

After watching Tommy Gainey on Holly's show, he's just a down to earth regular dude ... big fan & respect how he won and competed with a swing that looks like no one else's on tour (hope he gets his card back).

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My nephew was in the locker room at Sea Island in late spring, 2012.  He had just worked out and was shaving and getting cleaned up. Another guy, Matt, was doing the same.  They started talking about the resort, their family & kids, etc...  After a while, a couple kids approached Matt and asked for his autograph.  After Matt signed their hats, my nephew asked Matt, "What exactly do you do?  Should I know who you are?"  Matt laughed and said unless he was a golfer (he isn't) that there was no reason for him to know who he was.  The kids looking for an autograph were asking him because he had won a fairly big tournament recently.

After hearing the story, I maintain the opinion that Matt Kuchar is a nice person in addition to being a very good golfer.

Brian Kuehn

Whilst walking from the tee box, 183 yrds par 3 hole, i asked John Daly what club he used to put the ball on the green. He told me simply "7".  How great is that?

Friend of mine briefly met Ryo Ishikawa a couple years ago. There was a clear language barrier, but he said Ishikawa was nothing but a sweetheart and a classy guy. It's great to know, because Ishikawa has been one of my favorite players for a number of years.

I know a few Dutch pro golfers. Very down to earth and mad about the game. Very willing to share.

I was on the final day of the KLM Dutch open this year. The players are very 'accessable' after their round. That striked me. They all seem very willing to to shake hands, autographs etc. Harrington seems to be a very nice and open guy.

I met a man who played in Spain with Jiminez when he was training and asked if he could join. Lots of fun, Jiminez ripped every ball miles away. But the big Cuban never left his mouth.

Heck, they are all human.

I always wonder how you could live a reasonable normal life when everything you do is mentioned on internet or other media. You can't  even farth or it's news. And people judge. Must be difficult.

When I was marshaling at the ATT National at Aronimink a few years ago, Robert Garrigus made a point of going around and thanking all the volunteers.

Bill M

Part of their job is public relations on behalf of their sponsors so I'd hope / expect most would act nice.  I'd go with Phil, Kuchar, Fowler and G-Mac, they always seem to make the extra effort to be nice.

Joe Paradiso

Note: This thread is 3478 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!