IGNORED

How many more wins/majors will Bubba need before he stops crying after he wins?

boogielicious
Note: This thread is 3655 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. How many more wins/majors will Bubba need before he stops crying after he wins?

• He will always cry after a win.
    • One more major or three more wins.
    • Two majors, four wins and a Ryder cup
    • Four majors, eight wins, a Ryder Cup and a Gold Medal

This is not an anti-Bubba poll.  I do genuinely like to watch Bubba and have no ill will toward him.  I just thought he might be able to win this time without losing it at the finish.  Eventually it will be more commonplace for him to win.

What are your thoughts?

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm a sucker for that kind of emotion.  I can dislike a guy as much as possible, but when I see a genuine display like that, I can't help but be happy for the guy.

As a fan, it is nice to know how much that the tournament that means so much to us, also means so much to the players.

I think if he were to win four more majors and a Ryder Cup and a Gold Medal, that by then he would not be quite as emotional after doing something that is so commonplace for him. :)

I say he will likely always tear up.

I was a fencer back in college.  I competed at a very high national level with some rather unlikely international aspirations that were never tested.....damn you Jimmy Carter.

The level of effort, sacrifice, and emotion that goes into competing at that level is unfathomable to anyone who hasn't actually experienced it.  When/if that effort and sacrifice finally pays off with a result that you've always dreamed of, but never really knew would happen, the emotion is enormous.  In my experience, there are those that tear up and those that don't.  I'm not terribly embarrassed to say that I was in the former camp myself.....as were a LOT of my fellow competitors, men and women.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

He probably cries when he wins a game of scrabble - so no, it will never stop.

In all honesty, doesn't really bother me as I have no idea what it would feel like to win a tour event, let alone a major.

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

I'm sure he would eventually get used to it.

He's an emotional guy and pretty much wears all of them, good and bad, on his sleeve. Nobody knows what thoughts were going through his mind. Maybe he's thinking about how he would have liked his dad to be there to see it or something. No big deal to me.

P.S. I played football with a guy that cried after losses, cried after wins, and cried on the field during games when he got mad...And when he did he would tear somebody's head off and we were glad he was on our team.

I say he will likely always tear up.

I was a fencer back in college.  I competed at a very high national level with some rather unlikely international aspirations that were never tested.....damn you Jimmy Carter.

The level of effort, sacrifice, and emotion that goes into competing at that level is unfathomable to anyone who hasn't actually experienced it.  When/if that effort and sacrifice finally pays off with a result that you've always dreamed of, but never really knew would happen, the emotion is enormous.  In my experience, there are those that tear up and those that don't.  I'm not terribly embarrassed to say that I was in the former camp myself.....as were a LOT of my fellow competitors, men and women.

Very well put.

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

I'm a sucker for that kind of emotion.  I can dislike a guy as much as possible, but when I see a genuine display like that, I can't help but be happy for the guy. As a fan, it is nice to know how much that the tournament that means so much to us, also means so much to the players. I think if he were to win four more majors and a Ryder Cup and a Gold Medal, that by then he would not be quite as emotional after doing something that is so commonplace for him. :)

I agree 100%. I'm not a big Bubba fan by any stretch of the imagination but I do respect his passion for his family and the emotion he shows on course. When his son walked onto the 18th green, it was extremely powerful.. I'd shed some tears as well if it was me.

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

I voted "he will always cry" but, like Barney, I have no beef with it. Plus, it helps that I turn the TV off the moment the last putt drops. I can do without the sermon.

Jimmy Carter beat you in fencing?

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

The title of this made me chuckle so much..

Where I come from, if you cry, ya better expect some stick off your mates!

Personally I dislike bubba a lot, and despite him deservedly winning yesterday, he still comes across like a big girl when he cries..

Man up Bubba.

Bubba's interview on Sunday actually changed my opinion about him. He's not cocky at all and seems to appreciate how lucky he is to be playing professional golf.

LOL @ thread title w ow.   It started and I thought it would end with "before he is #1" or "before he is considered top 10" etc.  Wow.

But really I think he will always tear up after a victory.  Just seems like that's his personality.  But he might change, who knows.

He probably cries when he wins a game of scrabble - so no, it will never stop.

:dance:

After the Masters, cameras find Bubba, wife, and friends at Waffle House.  A tear rolls down Bubba's eyes as he wipes his face on his wife's shoulder... a low sobbing murmer is heard: "Baby these waffles are so got darn good."

• Upvote 1

Personally I like him and the fact he is able to compose himself and gut it out really shows that he has some cold nerves running through him, then of course he shows his human side and emotions after an awesome win... What more would anyone want? Congrats to him and his family and friends!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Bubba wears his emotions on his sleeve.  He shows it (in the form of anger) when he misses a shot he thought he should make and shows it after a big win (crying).  I would prefer he didn't yell at his caddie but don't mind the tears after a win.  To be honest I'd probably get emotional after a win like that, especially with my 2 year old walking onto the green to give me a hug.

Joe Paradiso

This is not an anti-Bubba poll.  I do genuinely like to watch Bubba and have no ill will toward him.  I just thought he might be able to win this time without losing it at the finish.  Eventually it will be more commonplace for him to win.

What are your thoughts?

Hopefully he will never lose that emotional connection to the game.  To me it just shows how deeply meaningful it is for him win at Augusta.  To be in a position to be at or near the top of your chosen profession is special, and I like that he can let it show.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

The title of this made me chuckle so much..

Where I come from, if you cry, ya better expect some stick off your mates!

Personally I dislike bubba a lot, and despite him deservedly winning yesterday, he still comes across like a big girl when he cries..

Man up Bubba.

Being a man has nothing to do with crying or not.

If I was Welsh, I'd probably cry at the state of my national rugby team.

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Jimmy Carter beat you in fencing?

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Note: This thread is 3655 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!