IGNORED

Bubba Watson....Fan or not a fan?

inthehole
Note: This thread is 2925 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

10 members have voted

1. 1. Bubba - fan or not ??

• Yes
    • No

I find it incredible that in 2014 there are people who can totally ignore overwhelming proof of something and cling to a nonsensical "belief" that was held by people a one and a half thousand years before a lot of people stopped believing that the earth was flat.

This is why a lot of people find the likes of you and Bubba hard to cope with. It's why some will admire his golf game but are "not a fan".

No point discussing anything further with you. The onus is on you to prove what you believe. Should be easy to do.

:offtopic: Just checking to see if that little sign would come up on both sides of a topic.

• Upvote 1

• Administrator

Stay on topic or people will be restricted from the thread.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Oye @WilsonWedgeMan .... I just feel like Bubba is a trick shot artist that can putt. He can dissect a golf course with his distance. Most of the trick shot guys don't have a short game to make it in the pga. I think he's fun to watch, I also think he battles depression or a mild bipolar issue. I don't think he is anything special off course. Needing religion is a character flaw in my book but if it makes you feel fuzzy inside I have no problem with it as long as you don't push it on others and make statements that it is the only way to live... Blah blah etc. Basically I like watching until he gets watery eyed about jebus.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Oye @WilsonWedgeMan....

I just feel like Bubba is a trick shot artist that can putt. He can dissect a golf course with his distance. Most of the trick shot guys don't have a short game to make it in the pga.

I think he's fun to watch, I also think he battles depression or a mild bipolar issue. I don't think he is anything special off course. Needing religion is a character flaw in my book but if it makes you feel fuzzy inside I have no problem with it as long as you don't push it on others and make statements that it is the only way to live... Blah blah etc.

Basically I like watching until he gets watery eyed about jebus.

Nope, doesn't seem to be bipolar at all. I think he just gets frustrated and openly shows it.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Nope, doesn't seem to be bipolar at all. I think he just gets frustrated and openly shows it.

You are probably right, which is why I said mild. I was not necessarily referring to course play exclusively either.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

If there was an option to select "neutral", that's what I would have picked. Sometimes it seems like he's a decent guy and just doing his thing. But he also seems to a bit of a cry baby, and a bit cocky (which don't seem to go together either way).

Bubba appears to convey his feelings very "truthfully". If he's frustrated, he shows it. If he's happy, he shows it.

If he were bipolar, he might toss his bags and walk off the course when things aren't quite going well. Bipolar people are much more extreme in their behavior, and don't always convey those feelings at the appropriate time.

http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/publications/bipolar-disorder/index.shtml

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Oye @WilsonWedgeMan....

I just feel like Bubba is a trick shot artist that can putt. He can dissect a golf course with his distance. Most of the trick shot guys don't have a short game to make it in the pga.

I think he's fun to watch, I also think he battles depression or a mild bipolar issue. I don't think he is anything special off course. Needing religion is a character flaw in my book but if it makes you feel fuzzy inside I have no problem with it as long as you don't push it on others and make statements that it is the only way to live... Blah blah etc.

Basically I like watching until he gets watery eyed about jebus.

how come I hear noone saying these same things about Zach Johnson/K.J.Choi/others who've openly given Thanks after a Victory ???? huh ???????? Bubba is not alone in his beliefs, and that's why he/they will ALWAYS be sucessful on/off the course. Bubba is Bubba, and I like that.

how come I hear noone saying these same things about Zach Johnson/K.J.Choi/others who've openly given Thanks after a Victory ????

There is plenty of talk about other players doing this. You're in a Bubba Watson thread so it's more than likely that people will be focusing on Bubba Watson ;-)

Let's not get off topic with the religious stuff, thanks

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Voted 'Fan' - Interesting golfer creating awesome golf shots - that's all I need to become a fan.

As for the outbursts on the course and all the negative things pointed out in the thread - Hey, don't golf bring out the Jekyll & Hyde in all of us; the best and worst we can be?

(I, for instance, never curse or use foul language, but I do so occasionally on the golf course, even in front of strangers - and I feel horrible afterwards. I never smoke, but do so now and again on the golf course [like when being 10 over after three holes in medal]. I never get drunk, but it has happened that I lingered too long at the 19th after a particularly hard day and I had to take a drive home with a teetotaller friend - and so on, and so on. What we see from others on the golf course, is often a dark shadow of who they actually are. I have long ago stopped judging people solely on what I experience from them on the course).

• Upvote 2

:titleist:  913D2 10.5*  913F 15* 18*  913H  21*  24*  27*    :tmade: Burner Superfast 7i  8i  9i   :vokey: Vokey SM4  48*  52*  56*  60*    :cameron:  Newport 2 Notchback (Black)      :srixon:  Z Star XV (Yellow)    :ecco:  Biom Hybrid

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was suddenly reminded of a pithy little riposte to Watson from the 2010 Ryder Cup. Corey Pavin (yet again) lost the plot, and this time reached for Major Dan Rooney, an F16 pilot, to deliver the rallying address to another US team destined to fail (I still haven't read anything, penned anywhere, by an American that gets close to understanding some of the reasons behind this run incidentally).

The following is from the British newspaper 'The Independent' who reported it

His stirring address reportedly had a profound effect on the rookie Bubba Watson, whose father is a Vietnam veteran. "I am more than likely never going to be in the military ... so this is a chance to be like my dad," Watson said. Someone should take him quietly to one side and explain the differences between the Tet Offensive and the Saturday foursomes.

Being a south east Texas redneck ... Anybody with the name Bubba and I'm a fan ... :-D Actually I do like him, I think he is a very caring man, and makes an effort to give back - especially to kids. On a side note: never thought I would come to a golf forum, on topic about a guy named bubba, and get views on Christianity and faith ...

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

• 3 months later...

http://www.pga.com/news/golf-buzz/bubba-watson-wants-be-held-accountable-actions-pga-championship?cid=pgacomsocial_20140820_30118676

At least he recognizes he has some issues to work through, specifically his maturity.

Quote:
The day after Kindred's sharply critical column, he met face-to-face with Watson to explain what he'd written. Rather than get upset, Watson took the criticism to heart and thanked Kindred , saying, "I need to be held accountable."

Looks like Bubba can be a good guy to,

Quote:
In Sobel's piece, Watson explained that he did do something right at the PGA Championship, aside from making the cut. After finishing his final round, the rain picked up significantly at Valhalla. A fan asked Watson if he could have his umbrella.

"I was like, 'you know what, that's a good question.' So I just gave it to him. I was like, 'I'm done. You need it more than I do.'"

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• 7 months later...

Bubba Watson most disliked player by his PGA peers?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/golf/bubba-watson-most-disliked-player-by-his-pga-peers/ar-AAauQyd

" An ESPN.com poll surveyed 103 tour pros (21 major champions) and asked them a variety of serious and lighthearted questions. One of the questions asked golfers which of their peers they would be least likely to assist in the event that a fight broke out in the parking lot. Bubba’s name showed up the most ."

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Bubba Watson most disliked player by his PGA peers?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/golf/bubba-watson-most-disliked-player-by-his-pga-peers/ar-AAauQyd

"An ESPN.com poll surveyed 103 tour pros (21 major champions) and asked them a variety of serious and lighthearted questions. One of the questions asked golfers which of their peers they would be least likely to assist in the event that a fight broke out in the parking lot. Bubba’s name showed up the most."

LOL.

Not surprised.

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

Note: This thread is 2925 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!