IGNORED

Bubba Watson....Fan or not a fan?

inthehole
Note: This thread is 2898 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

10 members have voted

1. 1. Bubba - fan or not ??

• Yes
    • No

Every time this bigot loses is a victory for humanity. He represents hatred and bias.

Because...?

Quotes from Bubba? Any evidence that he represents bias and hatred other than he is from the south, and bought a cool car from a popular TV show that has a flag on the roof? I really am curious, because I have not personally seen any such evidence.

Quote:

Originally Posted by newnoggin

Every time this bigot loses is a victory for humanity. He represents hatred and bias.

Because...?

Quotes from Bubba? Any evidence that he represents bias and hatred other than he is from the south, and bought a cool car from a popular TV show that has a flag on the roof? I really am curious, because I have not personally seen any such evidence.

agree ... seems a bit HARSH to me (the word "hatred" is overused in society today - any use of that word in public in relation to a PGA player I would question the source)

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Guys, don't feed the trollish comments.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I was a fan of him when this happened.

• Upvote 1

"Golf is a day spent in a round of strenuous idleness."
William Wordsworth

Gear:
Callaway FT-S Driver Nike VR Blades/wedges TM Ghøst Putter.

I'm a fan...very talented golfer that gives me hope that someday someone will mistake my slice for a Bubba-esque "power fade"

"If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf."

I'm a fan.

Considering his background, developed his own game and earned everything he has.

Definitely didn't grow up with a silver spoon like most guys on the tour did. Public school, Community college...

He can be whiney sometimes but overall he's fun to watch.  He's a lefty so that cuts him some additional slack with me.

Joe Paradiso

Always been a fan of Bubba. I find him very entertaining. I like the unique swing. He obviously has ADD and unfortunately he doesn't have it under control. I get frustrated when he gets a little too "worked up", but it will take a lot more than that for me to dislike him. From what I understand is that he and his caddies are buddies. I kind of view their interactions similar to brother/sibling interactions. I take it with a grain of salt.

• 8 months later...

He is a creative shot maker. He is lefty, uses pink clubs, buttons up his shirts, has attitude.  That makes him colorful in a sport that can be drab.  Pro golfers have a code of conduct, dress, and demeanor that is remarkably narrow.  Guys like Daly, Ricky, and Bubba greatly enrich the sport.  I miss Ray Floyd, ChiChi, and Lee Trevino.

• Upvote 1

Funny shit.  Not a fan but glad to see him in China, doing the promotions and even appearing to enjoy them. I'm sure the $2MM (or whatever it was) appearance fee helps but still, it's a commitment to promote golf across the globe and I salute him for it.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Note: This thread is 2898 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!