IGNORED

Ping I 25's or..????

Note: This thread is 3622 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So, I'm gonna be getting new irons either in June or July, and I'm really liking the Ping I 25's. My question for those that have played or hit the I 25's and other compare able clubs, is there any other irons I should look at.? I want a GI iron, a SGI, not so much.

I'm playing titleist 695CB's and like them, would like a bit more forgiveness though. And yep, I'll be getting fit for them. So..any suggestions.?

Thanks.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would suggest hitting both the i25 and the G25. You can get an excellent clubhead comparison, because both have the CFS as the stock steel shaft. (quite a shaft!)

CFS Regular = 99 grams / CFS Stiff = 109 grams // both are midlaunch.

I got to hit both during a Ping preview day when the golf shop was almost empty. I did OK with the i25, but I could hit the G25 about 8 yards longer and a bit higher. (A full fitting would probably put me in a G25 w/ CFS R.flex). I have about 79 MPH clubhead speed with a 6-iron.

On GD Hot List , G25 is billed as a GI, i25 as a very friendly Player's. (I'd say i25 performs on the line between Player's and GI).

Hope this helps...

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

I would suggest hitting both the i25 and the G25. You can get an excellent clubhead comparison, because both have the CFS as the stock steel shaft. (quite a shaft!)

CFS Regular = 99 grams / CFS Stiff = 109 grams // both are midlaunch.

I got to hit both during a Ping preview day when the golf shop was almost empty. I did OK with the i25, but I could hit the G25 about 8 yards longer and a bit higher. (A full fitting would probably put me in a G25 w/ CFS R.flex). I have about 79 MPH clubhead speed with a 6-iron.

On GD Hot List, G25 is billed as a GI, i25 as a very friendly Player's. (I'd say i25 performs on the line between Player's and GI).

Hope this helps...

Thanks. Also I see that the shafts are very different from my Dynamic Gold s300's, and the swing weight on my clubs are D 2, where as the Pings are D 0 except for the PW and other wedges, I like the D 2 swing weight, and I'm sure that Ping can build them.

Re: the G 25's, I am considering those clubs too, but the 25's just look really good to me, I'd like to hit some comparable irons as well, just looking for some suggestions on those.

Thanks for the info..

I am currently switching out my TT DG S300 shafts with the stock CFS stiff shafts on my i20s.  I feel my S300 flight the ball a bit too low for me.  I am probably middle to lower on the spectrum of stiff anyway.  Yeah ping can make them whatever swing weight you like.  As far as the i20-25s are concerned it has to be one of the best looking irons that will perform like a GI iron.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

I am currently switching out my TT DG S300 shafts with the stock CFS stiff shafts on my i20s.  I feel my S300 flight the ball a bit too low for me.  I am probably middle to lower on the spectrum of stiff anyway.  Yeah ping can make them whatever swing weight you like.  As far as the i20-25s are concerned it has to be one of the best looking irons that will perform like a GI iron.

Although I'm not nearly as good as you are, can I ask approx. how high is your 8 i..?

Although I'm not nearly as good as you are, can I ask approx. how high is your 8 i..?

As in peak height?  Not sure but not high enough with the S300s.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

As in peak height?  Not sure but not high enough with the S300s.

Thanks...Just a guess, but I "think" my 8i goes about 35-40 yds high, with a distance, again guessing about 140-150 yds.

Thanks...Just a guess, but I "think" my 8i goes about 35-40 yds high, with a distance, again guessing about 140-150 yds.

My 8 is good for 150ish and I would say maybe 30-35(guessing) with the S300s.

Nate

My 8 is good for 150ish and I would say maybe 30-35(guessing) with the S300s.

Thanks. So the stock CFS stiff shaft offers a higher ball flight..? Not sure if I need, or want a higher flight, depending on how much higher..I'll have to ask them about that.

Thanks. So the stock CFS stiff shaft offers a higher ball flight..? Not sure if I need, or want a higher flight, depending on how much higher..I'll have to ask them about that.

The Ping CFS Stiff is a medium launch shaft, where the s300 is a low launch one.

Nate

The Ping CFS Stiff is a medium launch shaft, where the s300 is a low launch one.

Ahhh, thanks, I thought the S300 was a mid launch. I really need to READ more..lol

Ahhh, thanks, I thought the S300 was a mid launch. I really need to READ more..lol

No problem, I snuck a peek at the website to verify. :)

Nate

It depends on which flavor of True Temper shaft you have. It's best to go check the specs to be sure.

For the XP95 and XP105, the R300 and S300 are high launch shafts - similar to the old Dynalites, but not as heavy.In the Dynamic Golf variants, the R300 and S300 are low launch.

Be aware that the shaft characteristics listed in the club manufacturer catalogs don't always match the TT website specs.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

It depends on which flavor of True Temper shaft you have. It's best to go check the specs to be sure.

For the XP95 and XP105, the R300 and S300 are high launch shafts - similar to the old Dynalites, but not as heavy.In the Dynamic Golf variants, the R300 and S300 are low launch.

Be aware that the shaft characteristics listed in the club manufacturer catalogs don't always match the TT website specs.

Thank you sir. I'll be sure to tell my fitter exactly what I'd like.

Anyone else hit the I 25's and comparable irons..??  I don't want to have to hit 10 different irons to help me decide.. :-D

Anyone else hit the I 25's and comparable irons..??  I don't want to have to hit 10 different irons to help me decide..:-D

So don't, just buy the i25s, your golf ball will thank you! ;)

Nate

Well i'm not a Ping fan at all. I get sick just by looking at an iron. ( woods are ok tho )

I currently play Mizuno MP 59. this is my second set off irons from mizuno.

I can honestly say there is not a better iron than a mizuno iron.

I'm about to trade them for the more forgiving JPX EZ Forged maybe this is a good pick for you also.

Dirver: Mizuno JPX 825 9,5 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 65 g.
3 wood: Mizuno JPX 825 14 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 75 g.
Hybrid: Mizuno JPX 825 18 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 85 g. 
Irons: Mizuno MP 59 3 / PW KBS Tour stiff shaft ( Golf Pride Niion )
Wedges: Taylormade ATV Wedges 52 and 58 ( Golf Pride Niion )
putter: Taylormade ghost series 770 35 inch ( Super Stroke slim 3.0 )
Balls: Taylormade TP 5

Thanks. Also I see that the shafts are very different from my Dynamic Gold s300's, and the swing weight on my clubs are D 2, where as the Pings are D 0 except for the PW and other wedges, I like the D 2 swing weight, and I'm sure that Ping can build them.

Yes PING can make them any swing weight you want. That's what the tuning ports (weight slugs in the cavity) are for.

I'll bring out a couple clubs for you to hit tomorrow.

Yes CFS will tend to go higher than a dynamic gold S300.

Well i'm not a Ping fan at all. I get sick just by looking at an iron. ( woods are ok tho )

Have you seen the i25 and S55 irons?

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Note: This thread is 3622 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!