IGNORED

Death Perception

Gilberg
Note: This thread is 3651 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am looking for a new pair os sunglasses to wear on my face/hat while I play.  The model I use now is real slippery when they get whet and it makes it hard to tell how far away things are when they are moving around on my nose from slickness.  I need some that are more sticky or rap all the way round.  I was playing last night and I went to put down my bag and I dropped down a crevasse and/or sinkwhole because I just couldn't get the distance.  Yeah I know ... Anyway, the experience made me thank a lot about death and being dead and how many people percieve it as the "ULTIMATE" sinkwhole.  I can't help but to thank that is how golf is going with those huge 14" holes.  I would "LOVE" to hear what golfers think about this direction with the new holes from good and serious golfers.  No noob opions please!

I went through a ton of different sunglasses trying to find a pair that works best for me when golfing. I didn't really like any of them but at the end of the day, I think it's important to protect your eyes so now I just close them when playing golf.

• Upvote 1

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I love it!!!  Gilberg is back with a BANG!!

Solid answer to the challenge I threw down on the other thread.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

I went through a ton of different sunglasses trying to find a pair that works best for me when golfing. I didn't really like any of them but at the end of the day, I think it's important to protect your eyes so now I just close them when playing golf.

It might be hard for the average golfer to keep them closed with all the distractions on the course. Another idea is to just get some duck tape and tape your eyes close for the round. Just make sure you have a reliable playing partner who will guide you and make sure you set up to the right ball.

Brands I use:

:tmade::cobra: :titleist: 

It might be hard for the average golfer to keep them closed with all the distractions on the course. Another idea is to just get some duck tape and tape your eyes close for the round. Just make sure you have a reliable playing partner who will guide you and make sure you set up to the right ball.

Yeah, well, that's kinda bullshit from a duck's perspective.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Yeah, well, that's kinda bullshit from a duck's perspective.

How so? They don't seem to mind when I tape my eyes shut when I'm hunting.

Brands I use:

How so? They don't seem to mind when I tape my eyes shut when I'm hunting.

Oh, I'm sorry, I though you were making tape out of ducks which, clearly, would be bullshit in the opinion of ducks.

Ducks are pricks anyway.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Oh, I'm sorry, I though you were making tape out of ducks which, clearly, would be bullshit in the opinion of ducks.

Ducks are pricks anyway.

I was driving the other day and slowed down to let this duck merge in front of me.  No "thank you" wave.  I understand he doesn't have hands, just wings, but total prick move IMO.

Golf is hard.

I was driving the other day and slowed down to let this duck merge in front of me.  No "thank you" wave.  I understand he doesn't have hands, just wings, but total prick move IMO.

Earlier this week I actually had a Canadian Goose in the road just chillin' and ignoring my incessant horn beeping and cussing. I had a stage 5 emergency and had to get home ASAP or else I would have had to go shopping for new pants. SOB just struts to the curb all inconvenienced and snide about the situation at that... :censored:

Earlier this week I actually had a Canadian Goose in the road just chillin' and ignoring my incessant horn beeping and cussing. I had a stage 5 emergency and had to get home ASAP or else I would have had to go shopping for new pants. SOB just struts to the curb all inconvenienced and snide about the situation at that...:censored:

He must not have been a real Canadian goose then. I would have expected him to step right out of the way otherwise.

Earlier this week I actually had a Canadian Goose in the road just chillin' and ignoring my incessant horn beeping and cussing. I had a stage 5 emergency and had to get home ASAP or else I would have had to go shopping for new pants. SOB just struts to the curb all inconvenienced and snide about the situation at that...

I assume you mean a Canada Goose.

Any goose that resides in Canada and has citizenship would be a Canadian Goose regardless of species. A Canada Goose however is a Canada Goose regardless of where he/she resides.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

He must not have been a real Canadian goose then. I would have expected him to step right out of the way otherwise.

Also, Dude, Canadian goose is not the preferred nomenclature.  Canadian-American goose, please

Golf is hard.

Also, Dude, Canadian goose is not the preferred nomenclature.  Canadian-American goose, please

Whatever. They're total douchebags. They come every year to one of my favorite courses, crap all over the place, and leave without even the common decency to clean up after themselves. What's up with that? :mad:

Brands I use:

Whatever. They're total douche bags. They come every year to one of my favorite courses, crap all over the place, and leave without even the common decency to clean up after themselves. What's up with that?

My buddy has an irrational fear of geese ever since we went fishing and one charged him. He dropped his subway meatball sub and it ate it. He still thinks it was trying to show dominance as a predator and he won't accept the fact that it just wanted a bite of his sub... We still argue about it and he retorts with "I WATCHED IT EAT MEAT! Don't tell me they're not ferocious carnivores!".

My buddy has an irrational fear of geese ever since we went fishing and one charged him. He dropped his subway meatball sub and it ate it. He still thinks it was trying to show dominance as a predator and he won't accept the fact that it just wanted a bite of his sub... We still argue about it and he retorts with "I WATCHED IT EAT MEAT! Don't tell me they're not ferocious carnivores!".

Is that Gilberg?

Brands I use:

I've never owned super expensive sunglasses, though I've owned many cheap and medium priced ones.  I've never once owned a pair that if I wore on the course I felt 100% about my depth perception and focus on the ball.  That's why I never wear them on the course, despite the fact that I live in SoCal and wear them pretty much 100% of the time I'm outside off the course.  It's one of the reasons I've taken to wearing a sort of old man style wide brimmed straw hat on the course.  Luckily oldster style hip is sort of in these days (though its moment seems to have passed a bit), so...  Wide brim hat!

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

Note: This thread is 3651 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!