• Announcements

• iacas

GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Contest   09/22/2016

Join our GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Challenge to win an autographed GAME GOLF, a Pebble Steel watch, and many more great prizes!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dsal13

pulling the ball

18 posts in this topic

I started playing 4 months ago... fixed my driver and irons slice but now I seem to be pulling the ball with my Irons! I was hitting my irons fine and I did something without knowing that is making me pull the ball. Any idea why?

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

I started playing 4 months ago... fixed my driver and irons slice but now I seem to be pulling the ball with my Irons! I was hitting my irons fine and I did something without knowing that is making me pull the ball. Any idea why?

Well, it is really hard to say what exactly is going on without seeing a swing..

It is possible that you just assume that you fixed your driver and iron slice.. Very rarely does someone fix their iron and driver slice without real professional help of some sort.  Basically, I want to guess that you just kept making compensations in your swing until your club face was square relative to your swing path.. i.e. out - in swing path and a square club face relative to that path at the point of impact and boom you have an annoying straight pull!

of course there is no way for me to even guess at what could possibly be the root cause of this, but it could be a range of things from not enough weight transfer to the front foot, to releasing the club so early that even if you had an in-out path by the time the club gets to impact it is really an out-in path.

Post your swing and everyone else will be able to really help you I think!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I did not have professional help bUT I did have help from my buddy that plays NBA Do golf... and plenty of range balls and YouTube vids :) but yea I will post my swing

I did not have professional help bUT I did have help from my buddy that plays NBA Do golf... and plenty of range balls and YouTube vids :) but yea I will post my swing

Your buddy that plays in the NBA (National Basket Ball League) helped you out in Golf?  :)

who cares about golf.. play Basket ball !!  ;)

Ah shit auto correct NCAA

I almost did it again hahaha

For whatever reason the clubface is left at impact. Could be a couple reason, most likely a grip or Key1/2 issue. Is it a straight pull, pull cut or pull draw?

Without seeing your swing, this would be a good one to check out.

I have this problem also. I start the ball left and it goes further left. The instructor I went to told me I need to swing more out to the right but it's not working or fixing anything?

I have this problem also. I start the ball left and it goes further left. The instructor I went to told me I need to swing more out to the right but it's not working or fixing anything?

Hmmm... when you swing out to the right more, does it curve more left?

How would I post my swing ? I'm a noob sorry

Yes sometimes and others I just hit it right

Idk why but I feel like my setup is horrible in this picture. I have done something in the last couple of weeks that has made my setup different. I feel like I am really far from the ball

Idk why but I feel like my setup is horrible in this picture. I have done something in the last couple of weeks that has made my setup different. I feel like I am really far from the ball

Looks like you have an incredibly strong grip for sure.  You need to check out the posture thread so that you can get rid of that arch in your lower back, this helps with pivoting and saves your back as well later on.. You should have a soft lower back that is straight and then a slightly arched upper back.. You are doing well with your focal vision being directly at the ball so that is a good thing.

Just take a look here

You might be bending over a bit much, but I'm not qualified enough to say anything about that..

Looks like you have an incredibly strong grip for sure.  You need to check out the posture thread so that you can get rid of that arch in your lower back, this helps with pivoting and saves your back as well later on.. You should have a soft lower back that is straight and then a slightly arched upper back.. You are doing well with your focal vision being directly at the ball so that is a good thing.

Just take a look here

You might be bending over a bit much, but I'm not qualified enough to say anything about that..

Cool Thanks.. I posted te video of my swing on the myswing thread!

Sounds like your instructor might be operating under the idea that the ball starts in the direction of the path. It's incorrect.

Good article for you to check out

http://thesandtrap.com/b/playing_tips/ball_flight_laws

Grip looks really strong, right hand looks like it's underneath the grip.

For whatever reason the clubface is left at impact. Could be a couple reason, most likely a grip or Key1/2 issue. Is it a straight pull, pull cut or pull draw?

Without seeing your swing, this would be a good one to check out.

@mvmac would using the "turn your hips like a tour pro" and "bat signal" videos primarily help with this?

@mvmac would using the "turn your hips like a tour pro" and "bat signal" videos primarily help with this?

For pulling the ball? Yes, thrusting up, butt underneath you, belt buckle facing the sky, will help control the rate of closure.