IGNORED

2014 Zurich Classic Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3613 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

After a few weeks on tough courses with high scores, the PGA Tour heads to the Bayou for the Zurich Classic of New Orleans which usually turns into a birdie-fest resulting in plenty of excitement and red numbers.

Also it's the last week to qualify for The Players

Quote:
Several qualifying deadlines for THE PLAYERS Championship fall this week. The top 50 in the Official World Golf Ranking and the top 10 in the FedExCup standings at week's end earn spots in THE PLAYERS, which will be held May 8-11 at TPC Sawgrass' PLAYERS Stadium Course in Ponte Vedra Beach, Fla.

Any remaining spots in the 145-man PLAYERS Championship field are filled by the highest-ranked players on the FedExCup points list after this week's Zurich Classic of New Orleans. If qualification ended today, the tournament estimates there would be four positions open via the FedExCup standings.

The top four players in the FedExCup not yet exempt for THE PLAYERS Championship are No. 14 Will MacKenzie, No. 25 Russell Knox, No. 26 Ryo Ishikawa and No. 42 Brendon Todd. Knox, an alum of nearby Jacksonville University and a Jacksonville Beach resident, is seeking his first PLAYERS start.

http://www.pgatour.com/tourreport/2014/04/21/players-championship-qualifying.html

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm sure their idea of an easy course would still be a challenge for me!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

@PuttsLefty's, cousin Ben Martin shot a course record 62 yesterday!!!

And it looks like he's on another run today, the kid's on fire. Seems like a likable guy, and for sure can play some great golf...Go Ben..btw, that's my Grandson's name.. :-D

I hope Ricky can shoot a good round today, would like to see him move up..

Duval shanks a wedge and the announcers are struggling to describe it. "That just fell out of the sky right of the green. He must have mis-hit it." Yeah he mis-hit it. It's called a shank.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

@PuttsLefty's, cousin Ben Martin shot a course record 62 yesterday!!!

I'm really proud of him. :-) He's a birdie machine when he's on.

I saw an interview yesterday where he talked about being in the final group last Saturday with Furyk and being able to hold his on that day. He just needs to figure out that he can play with anybody out there and be a little more confident. This week could be his break through. It's not like he doesn't already have some history of success. he won twice last year on the Web.com tour and he lost in the finals at the US Amateur a few years ago. He followed that up with a second at the Q-school . He might just need a little bit more of a Patrick Reed attitude. (just a little though)

Lee

In My Bag... Driver:Titleist 913D3  3 Wood: Dunlop 16deg railer  Hybr:Titleist 910H 24deg  4-GW:Mizuno JPX825Pros

Sand Wedge: Titleist Vokey 256-14  60deg: Mizuno Zoid   Putter: Odyssey WH Rossie (Left handed)

Duval's hanging in there.....

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Duval's hanging in there.....

And he's as boring to watch now as he was when he was #1.

What's with the dolly steps?

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

And he's as boring to watch now as he was when he was #1. What's with the dolly steps?

Come on......Mr personality?! :-D

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

And he's as boring to watch now as he was when he was #1.

What's with the dolly steps?

My father , who passed at 87 in January, used to say "that guy looks double jointed."

Lee

In My Bag... Driver:Titleist 913D3  3 Wood: Dunlop 16deg railer  Hybr:Titleist 910H 24deg  4-GW:Mizuno JPX825Pros

Sand Wedge: Titleist Vokey 256-14  60deg: Mizuno Zoid   Putter: Odyssey WH Rossie (Left handed)

My father , who passed at 87 in January, used to say "that guy looks double jointed."

I think he tries so hard to be calm and relaxed that he ends up walking like a zombie.

It's like one of those teens you see walking with their arms down by their sides as if moving your arms when walking is uncool. :-)

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

He finished T25... good for him.  Nice to see him on a weekend again and getting a good finish.  I hope he plays well enough to earn his card back again.  Would hate to see him walk away from the game.

Callaway XR 9.5 + 1, Taylormade R15 3 Wood, Burner 3 Rescue, Callaway XHot 5H, Warbird 4H, Nike Vapor Fly 6-AW Irons, Titleist Vokey 54, 60 Wedges, Taylormade Rossa Fontana Putter, Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow.

Best Score 2017:  82 (Traditions at the Glen, Par 70)

Favorite Course - Conklin Players Club (Par 72) - Best Score 86

Mr. Noh, of South Korea, the winner. Finished at 269, 2 strokes ahead of Svoboda and Streb. Some high scores today as Bradley shot 75, Duval 73 and old VJ at 77.

Note: This thread is 3613 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!