IGNORED

Symetra Tour Catch-All Thread

RandallT
Note: This thread is 3105 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Lol, sounds like you woulda waited around quite a while and I bet Sadena would've been tough to snag for a pic with the excitement of her day. -9 to win. Wow. Hope Laura was a good houseguest and I'll cheer her on in future tourneys.

Yeah, I thought about going back but figured that it'd be hard to talk with her. Laura was a great houseguest. Very nice, thoughtful, and considerate. Each day she played she would ask me multiple times if she could get me a water or soda during her round and she invited me to lunch today after her round which I declined because I thought I was going to play golf, haha. The tour goes from here to Syracuse and then NH. We made tentative plans to meet up and play a round together when she drives to NH so I guess at the very least she felt I was a good host. An overall awesome experience and I'm glad my girlfriend was cool with it since she has been out of town for work since the morning Laura got here.

• Upvote 1

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Looks like they're playing now. Sadena parks at -5 today, -10 overall for 3rd place. She had a 2nd place last tourney. Great to see!!

We followed Sadena through the front nine. She got off to a great start with a birdie on #1 and #2 then drove it into the left hand green side bunker of the drivable par4 5th hole and nearly made eagle with a excellent bunker shot to about a foot. Her putting was very solid as she drained birdies on #6 and #7 from around the 15-18 foot range to get to -5 on the day. She made a bit of a mess on the easy par 5 8th making par but it turns out she didn't need birdie there, lol!

Sadena pared #9 then we dropped back to watch Emily Talley. I gotta say BB does not do these girls justice in so many ways. Not just that their swings look so much more refined(perhaps some swing improvements since their BB shows) but every BB there seems to be discussions started on how short these girls hit it. I've played this course enough to know yardages and Emily was popping it out there in the 270 yard range throughout the back nine. Following Sedena on the front she was also driving it(w/ driver) in the 260-270 range and she wasn't even the longest hitter in her group. A very tall Canadian girl named Leblanc was consistently longer than Sedena. Anyone who has the misconception that these girls can't move the ball out there needs to go watch and be educated.

Overall a tough day weather wise with stops and starts but great fun watching these girls play and Sadena tear up the front nine. On the second delay we packed it in and it was no surprise to see nobody caught Sadena as she had already finished in the clubhouse with only a couple players within her reach. Congrats to Sadena on a fantastic 62 and the win!

• Upvote 1

In My Bag:
Driver: :Cobra Amp Cell Pro 9.5*, Stock X-Flex

3 Wood: :Cobra Bio Cell 16*, Stock X-Flex

5 Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 20*, Stock S-Flex
Irons: Bridgestone J40-CB 3-PW, Project-X 6.0

Gap Wedge::Vokey: 52* CNC  

Sand Wedge: :Vokey: 58* CNC  

Putters: Scotty Cameron Newport II 

Ball: Bridgestone 330-S(2014)

• 2 weeks later...
Sadena wins again!!!! Looks like she beat Jackie in a playoff. Wow http://www.symetrascoring.com/public/Leaderboard.aspx Looks like both are shaping up nicely to make the LPGA due to earnings on Symetra. Hoping to see them finish season strong!

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

http://www.symetratour.com/media-library/videos/2014/tournaments/goffstown/sadena-parks-wins-necc.aspx She says she is excited but she sounds subdued! She has won two straight tourneys. Can she win 3 a la Rory? Sadena birdied 18 to force a playoff. Sadena and Jackie both birdied the first sudden death playoff hole. Then Jackie bogeyed whie Sadena parred. Sadena said it was tough to play and beat her friend. I think they both may be a lock to get to the LPGA. 4 events left for them. Mallory looking good too but needs to keep it up. Emily Talley is outside looking in.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

• 1 month later...
Jackie, Sadena, and Mallory will play in the LPGA next year. Congrats to them!!! Jackie was solid all year, consistently playing well in all conditions and all courses. In the final round of the final tournament she shot -8 to zoom from middle of the pack to tie the lead, only to lose in a playoff. She never won all year, but she ended 3rd on the money list. Sadena won 2 events, and mostly played poorly to her standards other than that. But winning is so big that she could've coasted on just those two weeks. Man, if she ever gets consistency, watch out. Mallory won an event, but struggled most other weeks. She snuck in at #10 by only a thousand or so dollars. Was close to the end and I'm sure she sweated it out. Here's a write-up: http://www.symetratour.com/golf/news/2014/9/10-cards-volvik-race-for-the-card.aspx

My Swing

• 6 months later...

T6! (With 20+ others :)

How's the course setup compared to the typical "white" tees at public courses that we play? Similar length? Difficulty? Green speeds? I've always imagined Synetra being approximately the same as we play as men's bogey golfers but I could be way off.

Some off the holes they're playing off the whites but for the most part, they're playing from the championship tees.

Greens are a bit hard and slightly faster. Course is in great condition except for a few minor spots under repair on a few holes.

I went out on Friday last year in Albany and only saw them playing from the blues, but I didn't follow a group for the whole course. Blue yardage is about 6330 yards (500 yards more than whites) I got to putt on the practice green early in the week when some players showed up early and they grass was definitely mowed tighter and were rolling much faster and truer than regularly. I liked the faster green speed. The prior year, the rough was way up the week before the tournament too.

Kevin

I went out on Friday last year in Albany and only saw them playing from the blues, but I didn't follow a group for the whole course. Blue yardage is about 6330 yards (500 yards more than whites) I got to putt on the practice green early in the week when some players showed up early and they grass was definitely mowed tighter and were rolling much faster and truer than regularly. I liked the faster green speed. The prior year, the rough was way up the week before the tournament too.

Well, found out yesterday that the Tour will be playing at CapHills in late July again this year. I signed up to be a caddy and will hopefully be hosting the young lady I hosted last year again.

• Upvote 1

Christian

I signed up to be a caddy and will hopefully be hosting the young lady I hosted last year again.

Can you talk a little more about this?  If I found out that there was a Professional tour (of any kind) that came through my area and took volunteers as caddies, I'd love to try that!

Where did you learn about the volunteer program?

@RFKFREAK

Can you talk a little more about this?  If I found out that there was a Professional tour (of any kind) that came through my area and took volunteers as caddies, I'd love to try that! Where did you learn about the volunteer program? @RFKFREAK

I'm on my phone at the moment but I found out about the tournament from one of my golfing buddies two years ago after he attended one of the rounds. So, last year I asked one of the guys who worked at the course if they were going to be playing that year at the course and he told me they were and that they had a website for people to volunteer to be, amongst other things, caddies. So, I went to the site, signed up to be a caddy and to host a player. The person I was supposed to caddy for emailed me two days before the start of the tournament that an LPGA caddy had become available and apologized that she was not going to need my services because that she was going to work with the LPGA caddy. So, I never got to caddy but hopefully this year I'll be able to.

Christian

I'm on my phone at the moment but I found out about the tournament from one of my golfing buddies two years ago after he attended one of the rounds. So, last year I asked one of the guys who worked at the course if they were going to be playing that year at the course and he told me they were and that they had a website for people to volunteer to be, amongst other things, caddies. So, I went to the site, signed up to be a caddy and to host a player.

The person I was supposed to caddy for emailed me two days before the start of the tournament that an LPGA caddy had become available and apologized that she was not going to need my services because that she was going to work with the LPGA caddy.

So, I never got to caddy but hopefully this year I'll be able to.

OK cool ... I'll just peruse around on the internet for that kind of thing around here.  Getting to be that close to a professional, even a "low level" one could be pretty eye opening, I believe.

OK cool ... I'll just peruse around on the internet for that kind of thing around here.  Getting to be that close to a professional, even a "low level" one could be pretty eye opening, I believe.

Yah, just watching the girl I was hosting play, it was interesting to see how she attacked the course. To be able to be on the course and watch has got to imagine is even more eye-opening.

Christian

Well, found out yesterday that the Tour will be playing at CapHills in late July again this year.

I signed up to be a caddy and will hopefully be hosting the young lady I hosted last year again.

That's great news! It's a treat to have any pro event - male or female just down the road. I always hope watching so many good players on the range and absorbing the good tempo and watching the consistent ball flight is contagious. Definitely worth giving up a couple of days of my own play. I may also try to get to CT for the PGA event - if I manage to get closer to breaking 90. Also managed to crib some good putting drills from watching warmups.

I was out of town on the weekend last time and unfortunately missed the course record round. I wonder if she had a particular course management plan that helped or if it was just lights-out putting.

I may try to volunteer in some way if I'm in town the whole weekend this year, but always concerned that much time in the sun is likely to make me a cooked lobster.

What was the routine like as a caddy? Show up, keep up, shut up? Probably depends on who you get paired with. I think I would have a hard time not commenting (positively) on the shots.

Kevin

That's great news! It's a treat to have any pro event - male or female just down the road. I always hope watching so many good players on the range and absorbing the good tempo and watching the consistent ball flight is contagious. Definitely worth giving up a couple of days of my own play. I may also try to get to CT for the PGA event - if I manage to get closer to breaking 90. Also managed to crib some good putting drills from watching warmups.

I was out of town on the weekend last time and unfortunately missed the course record round. I wonder if she had a particular course management plan that helped or if it was just lights-out putting.

I may try to volunteer in some way if I'm in town the whole weekend this year, but always concerned that much time in the sun is likely to make me a cooked lobster.

What was the routine like as a caddy? Show up, keep up, shut up? Probably depends on who you get paired with. I think I would have a hard time not commenting (positively) on the shots.

Well, if I get to do it this year my overall plan is to keep quiet and only speak when spoken to.  If the player wants to chat me up then I'll be more than happy to.

If she wants advice while on the course then I'll make sure to call @colin007 and put him on the phone with her. ;-):-$

Christian

Well, if I get to do it this year my overall plan is to keep quiet and only speak when spoken to.  If the player wants to chat me up then I'll be more than happy to.   If she wants advice while on the course then I'll make sure to call @colin007 and put him on the phone with her. ;-)  :-$

Yup. I can tell her where every bunker, water hazard, drainage ditch, hidden trouble, etc is because I've been in all of 'em... The girl we played with last year was phenomenal.

Colin P.

Yup. I can tell her where every bunker, water hazard, drainage ditch, hidden trouble, etc is because I've been in all of 'em...

The girl we played with last year was phenomenal.

No doubt.

Hey, are you going to come out and watch this year?

Christian

No doubt. Hey, are you going to come out and watch this year?

I keep meaning to, but I've never been. I really would like to go. We have possible plans to see my family in Colombia this summer.

Colin P.

• 1 month later...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parker0065

Awesome and Good Luck!

Capitol Hills is one of my favorite courses in our area and my son and I will be out there in the gallery on Saturday or Sunday. I always enjoy watching the ladies play!

Well, if you see a clueless dude standing by Min Seo Kwak, that will likely be me!

I'm also hosting Laura Kueny, another player, at the house. She arrived today and seems very nice.

Laura is having a decent season this year.  19th place, but in position to charge into the Top 10 to get her LPGA card.

http://www.symetratour.com/stats/stats-detail.aspx?q=official%20money

Symetra Tour on its way toward you at Capital Hills again in July- any plans to host players? Caddy?

My Swing

Laura is having a decent season this year.  19th place, but in position to charge into the Top 10 to get her LPGA card.

http://www.symetratour.com/stats/stats-detail.aspx?q=official%20money

Symetra Tour on its way toward you at Capital Hills again in July- any plans to host players? Caddy?

Yeah, she finished 2nd in one tournament and has made 3 of 6 cuts.  It's early in the season but hopefully she can keep it going.

Here are a few of stats.  They're are pretty interesting so far this year, IMO:

Scoring Avg: 73.647 - [53/148] / 1st - 70.308

Average Driving Distance: 256.118 - [25/148] / 1st - 282.761

FIR: 62% - [137/148] / 1st - 88.7%

GIR: 65% - [54/148] / 1st - 74.1%

Putts per GIR: 0.544 (not sure how they come up with this number) - [117/148] / 1st - 0.503

Subpar holes: 46/306 (2.7 holes/round; 15%) - [50/148] / 1st - 92/414 (4.5 holes/round; 22%)

Rounds under par: 4 (23.5%) - [55/135] / 1st - 9/13 (69.2%)

Rounds in the 60's: 2/17 (11.8%) - [32/92] / 1st - 6/13 (46.2%)

Eagles: 3 - [7/33] / 1st - 5

Birdies: 43 - [61/148] / 1st - 90

How they keep the Putts per GIR stat is confusing to me.

Most of her stats are middle of the road.  I'm surprised given that she's 25th out of 148 in Avg. Driving Distance that she's 54th in GIR.  I imagine that those numbers correlate heavily.  Looks like her GIR is correlating heavily with her scoring average, too.  Her putting seems to be pretty bad this year.  Last year she finished 94th.  I should ask if she's taken an Aimpoint class.  If she's going to rise to the top 10, though, it looks like she's going to have to improve her GIR which in turn will probably help her subpar holes number and rounds in the 60's number.  And, as imagined, FIR really doesn't impact scoring very strongly as illustrated here.

Yup, they're coming here to Albany again this year.  For a while it looked like they wouldn't, but glad they are.

I texted her and offered to host her again this year and it looks like she will be.  I signed up to caddy again this year and am hoping if they assign me a player that she won't back out like happened last year (not that I can blame the player from last year - she had a real caddy available to help her).

Christian

Note: This thread is 3105 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!