IGNORED

Golf Sandals: Yes or No?

Big Lex
Note: This thread is 5728 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Do you ever wear golf sandals (the ones with spikes, designed for golf), and how?

• Yes I wear sandals, with sport socks.
    • Yes I wear sandals, but barefoot only.
    • No, I never wear sandals.

just can't get my head around golf sandals
What's in the bag

Driver: Speed LD F Driver 9.5°
5 wood: 909F2 18.5°
Hybrid: EDGE CFT 21°Irons: i5 - 4-pwWedges: CG10 52°, 56°, & 60° degreePutter: Udrainium Doc 15Ball: DT SoLoHome Courses: Spring Lakes Golf Club, Stouffville, ON & Ocean Ridge Plantation Golf, Sunset...

I wore regular sandals the other day... not a really good idea if you ever see the inside of a bunker.
The Good:
Heavenwood 3h
White Steel Two Ball
Orlimar SOS 56deg SW & 60deg LW
The Free:767 Pro Series 3-9iTomahawk 50deg PWKing Cobra 10.5deg Driver (350cc) 10.5deg Intimidator Driver

heard these were banned from places due to arguments over dress codes.

May havev been said but havent read the thread fully to this point

In the Wilson Stand Bag

Driver:........Ping........G5 Reg shaft
3 Wood:......Mitsushiba.........M575-15°

Irons:.........Taylormade RocketBallz......3 Hybrid - PW..Stiff Shafts

Wedges:....Cleveland CG16 56 & 60

• 2 weeks later...
Golf sandals - No
regular sandals - yes
any sandals with socks - never

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

So I'm the only one here man enough to admit to playing in Sandals? damn.
I've spent most of my life golfing - the rest I've just wasted.

In my bag todayâ¦.
Driver: 2009 S9-1 10.5
19d Hybrid4-SW:2008 FP 58/10 Mizuno MP T-10Putter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

I won't wear sandals unless I'm going to the beach. It just seems to unmanly for me and unsafe. What if you have to run for some reason? What if you have to get into a fight? And the sight of feet is disgusting.

Running and fighting? On the course? I hope I never play in front of you.

Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Full contact golf.

In that case. No sandals. Safety first.

Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

You can probably thank Jim McMahon (Bears QB mid 1980's) for being the first to popularize wearing sandals on a golf course. He played in a few celebrity golf TV events wearing sandals and those cool shades

No sandals for me on the course. Before and after - definetely! Gotta let the feet dry out after a round!

Driver: R7 SuperQuad TP 9.5° Fujikura Rombax 6X07
Hybrid: Rescue TP 19°

Orlimar3wood: Hip-Steel 15° (oldie but goodie)Irons: Ping i10 [4-GW] DG X-100Wedges: Ping Tour-W [54° & 58°] DG X-100Putter: i-Series Piper HBalls: B330-S or e5+

i would definately wear the golf flip-flops (just did a quick google search, and all i could find were "bite flip flops").. the only problem i see myself having is that i broke my foot earlier this year, and i'm still having swelling across the top, so for sandals that have a non-adjustable fit, i can't really wear them... but where i live, shoes are kind of a statement.. and you choices are pretty much flipflops and boots.... oh, and new balance cross training style tennis shoes... but back on subject, yeah, i'd try them

Another knock on golf sandals here in the south...fire ants. I'm allergic to them like I am wasps and hornets.

I cringe sometimes when I see some tourists on the range or on the course in bare feet and sandals.

Ouch!

• 3 months later...
I wouldn't wear sandals but I'd consider wearing Crocs if they made a golf shoe version.
In My Sun Mountain C-130 Bag
Woods: System Q
Hybrid: System Q
Irons: Acer XP905
Ball: Other EquipmentPush Cart: Sun Mountain Speed Cart V1My Home CourseGreen Knoll Golf Course

NOO SANDALS, the problem with sandals is that when most people walk in them they drag them, so if you have sandals with spikes on the course you just tear it up.
What's In The Bag?

Driver - Rapture 10.5 Epic 68g X-Pure - Balance Certified
Fairway Metal - Titleist PT 18°
Irons - Mizuno MP-67 3-PW Project X 6.0 Wedges - Mizunos R Series Chrome 52°, 56°, 58° Project X 6.0 Putter - Yes! C-Groove Callie-f - Balance Certified Bag - Ping Freestyle...

I think that these are the rules as far as GOLF (not normal) sandals are concerned

Anywhere in a private club as a member: No

Private club as a guest, nonpaying member (e.g. you're only a member because you're grandpa is a member and there is a program in place): Absolutely not

Public course: Yes, but not great

Public course twilight golfing: Perfectly fine.

I've picked them up in the store a few times... but cannot bring myself to buy them... I'm way to traditional. Maybe when I move to NC and play in 100 degree heat all summer I'll change my mind. Or maybe just go barefoot like old Sammy.
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

• 6 months later...
Sorry to bring back an old thread, but I bought my first set of golf sandals this spring and they are great. I bought the Foot Joys sandals. I am playing more golf than ever this year and I credit the sandals for helping to bring about more consistency in my game. Wearing sandals forces me to pay closer attention to my stance and alignment and it makes me slow down my swing. The result is better ball striking and fewer pulls.
For hot days they are great, my feet feel so much cooler(making my whole body feel cooler) and although bunkers can be a pain, I'm not in them as much. Yesterday I played my personal best round at Carstairs (83)wearing the sandals, two strokes better than my best round in my Ecco shoes.
Of course, as with all sandals, socks are NEVER worn.

Note: This thread is 5728 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!